Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Acid First Time Questions

goodvibes

Bluelighter
Hey everyone,

So I have been wanting to try acid for the first time for awhile. I have never taken any psychedelics before. My go to drug is MDMA, but its unique mechanism of action with your own body's serotonin makes it hard for festivals and multi-day events. I want to discover something new about myself, but also have another drug in my arsenal. I have read about dose and all that, so I plan on taking one tab and seeing how strong it is and maybe taking another half. My question pertains really to HPPD. I have read about HPPD and I think I am freaking myself out about it. How rare actually is it? Is there a genetic component? Members of my immediate family have done it and did not develop HPPD. So obviously set and setting is extremely important. If I go into a trip with an anxious mind about HPPD, I'm sure it won't help. I don't want to permanently fuck my mind up from one trip, so any insight will be appreciated.

I think people blow HPPD way out of proportion. I've used LSD more than 60 times (stopped counting after #56) as well as having used mushrooms about 25 times and several experiences with DMT, 5-MEO-DMT, and 5-MEO-DIPT. After all that, I've never had any HPPD symptoms nor has my tripping partner who was with me for almost every experience. I introduced at least seven different people to LSD, none of whom have suffered any negative effects. I've never met anyone in real life who claims to suffer from HPPD, I've only ever seen people online make that claim.

I wouldn't worry about it at all, I'll eat acid like candy without any second thoughts. I find it to be the most benign chemical I've ever tried. Try it and I'm sure you'll have a great time.

I would, however, advise against trying it for the first time at a festival. It could go great, but I generally don't like being around a ton of people while on LSD. I would try it first in a comfortable setting like your home or the home of a close and trusted friend.

I should have been more clear about that. I plan on doing it a couple times in a home setting and then maybe take it at a festival

It's extremely uncommon. HPPD is something I've never seen happen in real life. I have about thirty trips under my belt and I haven't had any persisting issues except for those caused by nbomes. But if you're taking real LSD, there should be no concerns. Good luck and happy tripping!

If you have never had psychedelics before you may want to try it at home first to get used to it

fuck knows lol I would do that if I was trying anything other than a stimulant for the first time but I have shitty anxieties and shit so I guess im different

Don't worry about the HPPD. I haven't done acid in 42 years, and the only side effect is seeing trails of objects moving close to my eyes. Way back then, we tallied up how many trips we had taken, and the number came up between 400-500. That's not including the mescaline and mushrooms. We would take around 2000 to 2500 micrograms for a trip that lasted about eight to ten hours.