• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Acid does nothing for me

did the "acid" have a strong bitter taste or numbing sensation? if so, it wasn't LSD.

Everybody has different tolerances to drugs, it could well be that you've just got a higher tolerance for some psychedelics, a hardhead. I'm the same, it's a pain as a standard dose just doesn't do it. I'd advise trying some LSD in higher doses, but give the Xanax a miss for a few days beforehand, it can't be helping.

Be careful, though, about stopping medication that you've been prescribed without talking to your doctor. Especially since you seem to have been on benzos daily for some time.

simple explanation : you need more than others

when i first tried psychedelics, several seemed not to work either
for lsd, my guess is that i need 5 more times or so than other people
and that also means that if i only take one dose, i don't feel anything

so don't worry, you'll feel it
but you'll have to get more
also, yes, xanax will significantly reduce the experience

It could be that you simply dont have the correct "wiring" to respond to lsd. Take my wife. She trips on anything pretty easy, unless its lysergic. Lsa, lsh, lsd, lsz al-lad, eth-lad, she's tried them all, lsd at a very high amount around 800ug even, and never had so much as a silly thought. I have a friend that can't get high off of cannabis or dmt or mushrooms, but half a hit of cid blows him apart. I need 2 hits of lsd, 150ug hits, to feel anything other than a loose silliness. Some people are just not capable of dealing with certain chemicals for whatever reason, and people have varying tolerances as well.

Of course, benzos are never ever the right thing to take if you want to actually enjoy your trip or get something out of it.

From what I read, sounds like maybe LSD's effects can be reduced by MAOI's, due to the extra free-cellular serotonin that prevents LSD from binding to more receptor sites. So, by that logic, it's possible that you have a natural mono-amine oxidase inhibition that is larger than normal. On the flipside however mushrooms, DMT and other tryptamines are clearly more active when taken with a MAOI. This is likely because these other tryptamines are ingested orally, and MAOI's effectively destroy or inactivate the enzymes in the stomach that destroy tryptamines that aren't regularly able to cross the blood-brain barrier(I believe due to the lack of a hydroxil chain? sp?). Mushrooms also typically contain various amounts of other tryptamines in addition to orally active psilocybin and psilocin, such as DMT of course..so this would make sense as to why MAOI's would increase the potency of mushrooms.

All in all, I would try a MAOI (such as grapefruit juice if you can't get prescription) with some mushrooms. It's said to double the potency, so that eating an eighth would be more like eating a quarter.