Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Acid does nothing for me

Sweeetpea

Greenlighter
Hello Everyone,

I'm a newbie so be kind. I have tried acid several times and didn't feel anything even though others around me were tripping hard. I originally thought I was just getting bad acid but the last time, several months ago now, there were numerous others around who all really enjoyed their trip. I literally felt no different; nothing. I've never been brave enough to try more than one hit each experience and I'm wondering if that could be the issue or if it's just a personality thing. I know substances affect each of us in a different way but is it possible to not feel anything?

Thanks!

I remember a time when octopus blotter was around (1987?). That stuff was strong, about 200 mics. Anyone that took it was floored on a half a blotter. Then there was this one guy. Said he did half, felt nothing and an hour later ate the other half and went to bed. He said he felt nothing. I remember that as one of the bigger mysteries in my life. What exactly happened to this guy? The only time I had heard that from a known strong blotter from the same 100 doses. Crazy.

I am sure there are different reasons why that is, but it is not common. :) I would try again (if it is real LSD) and try and tune in. I can see a trip going over someones head.

Did you immediately swallow your blotter? If you've been sold an Nbome instead of LSD and had the wool pulled over your eyes, they're not orally active. If it was LSD, then maybe one blotter wasn't strong enough for you. I've always felt one was weak, but three has been my go to dose each time I've done LSD. Or perhaps medications or your chemical make up don't agree with LSD.

I take Xanax as prescribed - not for recreation. I didn't mention it before but I've also done shrooms twice and nothing. That was a long time ago so I had almost forgotten about it. Didn't do anything at all either time but I was super young so I just assumed it was a bad batch or not even the real thing. It really didn't occur to me until this past fall when I was at a music festival and too many people to count were all doing the same batch of acid and it did nothing for me. I'm wondering if maybe my anxiety prevents me from really feeling the affects as I should. I've taken E a few times and just felt a bit more relaxed but nothing like I expected. I've done it in groups at music festivals and I've also done it at home - nothing.

How much Xanax, how often? That may be why you haven't been feeling effects from other drugs. Xanax and other benzodiazepines will substantially dull the effects of drugs like LSD or MDMA. In fact, some people take Xanax with the express purpose of ending a trip.

1 mg 2-3 times a day. The shrooms and 3-4 attempted trips were before I started the Xanax.

Very strange! Xanax would reduce the effects you'd expect to get from acid, shrooms or MDMA but would by no means completely prevent a trip from kicking in. Seeing as you got next to nothing out of all of these you might just be an odd case. You may just have a mutation that prevents serotonergic drugs from fully working. You are not taking any anti-depressants or anything other than xanax?

Get 6 hits, all from the same sheet, at the same time.
Day one - one hit
Day two - two hits
Day three.. well if you get to this point and your still not having luck..
You might just be getting bunk shit and your friends are experiencing placebo

They sell Ultraviolet Flashlights at automotive stores to identify leaks using glowing dye. they come with the special lens glasses and all. Quick test with this will knock off many possibilities of what it might be.

Xanax would reduce the effects you'd expect to get from acid, shrooms or MDMA but would by no means completely prevent a trip from kicking in.

I don't know about this, 2-3 mg a day is a fair bit of Xanax, it might be enough do just that (especially since the OP's been taking no more than one dose of LSD). I think it's more likely than some kind of rare anti-serotenergic mutation.

Things to help

It could be the quality of the LSD along with the fact that you're taking Xanax. Anytime somebody who is new to hallucinogens is taking some, my friends and I keep Xanax on hand to kill any bad trips. Things I would do to improve your next trip:
1) If possible, avoid Xanax the previous day or two (maybe longer depending how long you've been taking it) to get it out of your system before tripping. Taking Xanax, as you said, 2-3 times a day will definitely dull the senses to the affects of LSD.
2) Make sure the LSD you're taking isn't poor quality. I would recommend having someone who's done it before, but through a different supplier, try your batch and have them compare.
3) If you are getting real LSD, make sure it is kept away from light. I usually keep mine in tinfoil, in my wallet.
4) (No offense if you are experienced) Make sure you're taking it in the proper manner. I've found what works best for me is to leave the tabs on my tongue for 45-60 minutes and then swallow them.
My first shroom trip I took an 8th and I had a good time, but it really wasn't anything that great. However, my friends seemed to have a great trip. Later I found out the shrooms were not that great and my friends were trying to make what little effects we felt, seem like more than they actually were. There's usually a reasonable explanation for these types of problems. I hope it works out better for you in the future, LSD is a beautiful thing.

^He can swallow the LSD or do whatever, it has great oral bio-availability. Also, I wouldn't keep it in your wallet. For one, if you plan to store it, you don't want to expose it to air. Heat (from your ass lol) will degrade it as well, so unless you plan to take it soon I wouldn't keep it in your wallet. Plus, don't you use your wallet? What if you gotta pull out your ID at the liquor store and a ten strip falls out? Hahahah

He obviously doesn't have to keep it in his wallet haha. The point I was trying to make is to not expose it to sunlight. The reason it doesn't fall out of my wallet when I use it is because I have IQ level higher than that of a rock and understand the basics of owning and operating a wallet. Shit doesn't just fly out of my wallet every time I open it

Get 6 hits, all from the same sheet, at the same time.
Day one - one hit
Day two - two hits
Day three.. well if you get to this point and your still not having luck..
You might just be getting bunk shit and your friends are experiencing placebo

They sell Ultraviolet Flashlights at automotive stores to identify leaks using glowing dye. they come with the special lens glasses and all. Quick test with this will knock off many possibilities of what it might be.

This doesn't seem like the best idea to me. I've heared more than one case of lsd having a sharp tollerance curve.
I'd reccomendation going off the benzo for at least 24 hours and dropping 2 tabs.

If you really really want to trip, you shouldn't have anything to fear. :)

He obviously doesn't have to keep it in his wallet haha. The point I was trying to make is to not expose it to sunlight. The reason it doesn't fall out of my wallet when I use it is because I have IQ level higher than that of a rock and understand the basics of owning and operating a wallet. Shit doesn't just fly out of my wallet every time I open it
I'm also smarter than a rock lol, but shit falls out sometimes. Anything can happen in life. Plus I take my wallet everywhere, and leave my drugs at home where the law can't find them. Just my two cents.

Valid point haha and I would have to agree you have a point about the heat messing with the quality in my wallet, It hasn't seemed to have had an effect on the quality yet but is definitely something I should be more cautious about in the future. I normally keep it in there only because half the time I trip, it's spontaneous (as in my experience seem to be the most enjoyable trips) so I like to have it with me just in case

Valid point haha and I would have to agree you have a point about the heat messing with the quality in my wallet, It hasn't seemed to have had an effect on the quality yet but is definitely something I should be more cautious about in the future. I normally keep it in there only because half the time I trip, it's spontaneous (as in my experience seem to be the most enjoyable trips) so I like to have it with me just in case
I enjoy those spontaneous trips as well lol, but I'm more of a home body I guess. I only trip at my home these days, being in public freaks me out since I can't understand social constructs under the influence :p

I doubt it effects it much as long as you don't leave it there for long.

I've had exactly the same situation for numerous times: everyone is tripping on the same batch of blotters except me. In retrospect, these all have been NBOX-type compounds, not acid, and I presumably have difficulty with absorbing things via oral mucosa, for reasons unknown, which probably explains the failed trips. So, IMO, this is most probably NOT acid you were trying to get effects from since, as has been said, LSD has great absorption rates and I cannot imagine how one can't feel two blotters if there is no tolerance to speak of. I would not blame Xanax, though. It does not directly interfere with pharmacological action of psychedelics as far as I am concerned, as SSRI do.