View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Acid at a NFL Game?

Dawglaw

Bluelighter
I am a big football fan and I have tickets to a really big game this Sunday.

Instead of doing the drink until you cannot stand thing, I'm considering dropping 100-125ug of Al Lad and nursing a few beers and vape pen throughout the game.

Any advice or comments?

I could not imagine that would be a good time. When you're tripping, you typically want relaxed music not yelling. and Seeing football players all rainbowy and triply sounds just awful haha. save it for a time when you go to a rave

Mxe was fun at soldier field in chicago but dissociatives are the only psychs I can enjoy in that big of a crowd. Acid sounds like it would be horrible.

Mxe was fun at soldier field in chicago but dissociatives are the only psychs I can enjoy in that big of a crowd. Acid sounds like it would be horrible.

Dissociatives are, by definition, not psychedelics; they're both hallucinogens though.

However I agree, psychedelics in that setting doesn't sound like much fun.

Also Dawglaw please don't start calling AL-LAD "acid", no need for more confusion 8)

In Jan 1987 I watched the 1986 season Superbowl (XXI) while on a tab of blotter (about 150 mics). It was the NY Giants and Denver Broncos. However, although I was tripping and watched the whole thing I was in my own room with an electric guitar around my neck (Fender Strat through a Fender twin reverb) and picking while watching. I had a blast, but I was alone and comfortable. I still have the VHS tape of that game somewhere as I recorded it and saved it. I will say I had some great insights, and the team cooperation reminded me of a flock of birds that formulate a triange and work together. Also the sportsmanship of tackling a guy and helping him back up was a great example of....well...sportsmanship. :)

If you ask me, even though I had tripped many times those years at work and other places, I would not go to a football game dosed. Save it for another time. And what I had was LSD, so I can't comment on AL LAD. I have to say opiates or alcohol is more suited for football. Something that tones down the senses. Never would I go to a game where half the people are drunk and rowdy and take acid.

Good call guys, being surrounded by thousands of agressive drunks is probably a bad idea. I would like to watch a game from the comfort of my home while dosed.

Also sorry for calling al lad acid - I know they are unique substances, I was just trying to be extra inclusive as they are pretty similiar and lsd has been used way more.

Dissociatives are, by definition, not psychedelics; they're both hallucinogens though.
Obviously but when their effects are similar enough that the dissociative threads are directed to the Psychedelic Drug Forum, refering to them as psychedelics isnt a far stretch. It's really a matter of personal opinion. I find mxe in particular to be every bit as psychedelic as it is dissociating.

Fender twin reverb
That's the way! Shit yeah, I love playing electric guitar on acid. My Gretsch sounds smokin'.

I personally think this setting seems like a very bad idea (confusion, surrounded by aggression, ugly contorted faces) but I've tripped at some events where the big crowds and crazy goings-on (echoing voice-overs, big screens, bright lights and colours) all make for a weird - but still very fun - trip.

It depends on how comfortable you are in those surroundings; I'm in my element at any sort of live music event, and don't get into sport.
For other sorts of people, though, i imagine the opposite may be true. So long as you can still follow the game (and don't end up wasting your tickets to the game and your al-lad) - then why not? Whatever floats yer boat!

Having said that, if you were going to do it -
I imagine a light dose is all youd need (you don't want to be pondering the fundamental nature of life and consciousness from your seat in a stadium. It's much better suited (I think) to a milder dose - so you can still interact, follow what's going on around you, navigate back to your seat - that kinda thing.

Also, I would drop after entering the stadium, finding your allocated seats, etc.

From my experiences with LSD, the last thing you want to attempt to navigate whilst tripping is anything too technical or interactive (that includes entering venues [of any kind], handling money, explaining yourself to venue staff etc).

Get inside, get comfy - and if by that point it still seems like a good idea, drop a tab!

Whatever you end up doing - enjoy!
It's really not much comparison, but I once took quite a lot of acid whilst in a park next to a stadium where an international cricket match was being played.
The sound of the Announcer speaking through the PA and reverberating and echoing through every speaker in the place was quite trippy in itself - but we were just chilling in the park enjoying the gardens and the sunshine (my preferred set and setting for sure!)

Also Dawglaw please don't start calling AL-LAD "acid", no need for more confusion 8)

The lads are Al and Meth, but both with the 'Cid surname. LSD has been the Kleenex of lysergamides for long enough. ;)

I was just trying to be extra inclusive as they are pretty similiar and lsd has been used way more.

That's the spirit!

For what it's worth, a football game wouldn't be my cup of acid tea either, too many backs of heads, but that's just me.

I'd never take acid anywhere within 5 miles of a football game, let alone actually at a game. But hey, I hate football, and I think it's one of the many things terribly wrong with this nation... so my view is pointless here.

My question is are you experienced with LSD and crowds? Have you ever had to hold it together on the outside why you are freaking out inside? If yes to both then go for it. I would take a low dose though. Oh and sunglasses! Sunglasses will be essential!

I think you should do it!! You seem to love football so it will pbly be real fun. You might end up drinking just so you can tolerate all those drunks tho.

I'd never do it cause I hate football. But there's a lot of things Id love to do on PDs that other ppl wouldn't agree with

I like your use of the word acid to include al-Lad, by coincidence I just wrote about that in the al-lad thread

I've always had a fun time watching football and baseball on psychs and disso's, although I haven't dropped at a live game. I personally wouldnt want to, especially with all the drunks and crazy crowd. I would just drop and watch it on tv. But if it's a low dose you might have a good time. Have fun!

I sold my tickets. As much as I enjoy football, sitting in the rain with 65000 drunk hicks is not worth the $250 that I was offered for my ticket.

Thanks for all of the advice. This is why I love BL.

I took my dad to an all blacks match and dropped half a tab. By half time I was necking beers just so I didn't look too strange. The haka was spine chilling and to top it off Sir Ritchie scored in the corner with two minutes remaining to win the game and shut up the loud local Australian crowd.

We left the stadium arms around shoulders singing all the way to the train station.

For me it is no different to any crowded music festival. I wouldn't try to strike up any incoherent stoner talk at the urinals, but at a sensible dose, and provided you have been to a match before and know your way around the venue I'd say you'd have a blast.

[video=youtube_share;2hYlNO61ImA]http://youtu.be/2hYlNO61ImA[/video]