• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Lysergamides Acid and Leg Pain

So recently i have finally a source of acid in my town that i trust enough to do. I had never done it before due to an exaggerated anxiety of not knowing where it comes from. I had my first and second trip ever last month, and both where amazing experiences second only to high dose k. trips, but both times i have notice a somewhat severe pain in my legs the day after...like a strained feeling. I do take 15mgs of adderall xr a day and was just wondering if its the addies making me exert too much for on my legs while im tripping or if it could be a side effect of bad acid

On acid you move in a weird way sometimes, applying to much pressure or crouching pointlessly. It can make you very sore. I'm not sure if that's your problem but it's happened to me.

You were probably clenching your leg muscles the entire night without noticing it. I have to really make sure I'm not clenching my muscles, mainly leg and face muscles, with acid. I am sure the adderall is just intensifying this. It's not an issue of bad acid, just one of the side effects that you have to take into account.

Acid causes vasonconstrction in the extremeities of the body ie. legs and arms. Basically constricted blood vessels. That could cause the pain.

I wouldn't get too caught up with the idea that it's the acid causing it - forget about it and it'll probably go away. If you start thinking "I got a pain in my leg from acid last time, i bet it i get it again" then you'll start noticing a pain in your leg every time you trip just from placebo.

Like Swilow said - itś the vasoconstrictive properties of LSD that causes this. The de-oxygenated blood is backed up in the veins. I get exactly the same thing, though it doesnt cause me any worry because I know what it is. I actually get it in my stomach/lower abdomen as well. Trust me, it wont do you any harm. Just try to get the blood flowing through excercise - walking, running, dancing, wotnot. That way you feel good all round.

Sumatriptan and other pharms were invented to make use of this. Ergoloids have been used in medicine for decades for their vasoconstrictive properties, to treat migraine etc. Their relation to serotonin provides top therapeutic value. You may find that acid isnt the only entheogen to cause post-trip pains; psilocin/psilocybin does it well, and for this reason is used by some to provide relief from cluster headaches (suicide headaches).

Does LSD have vasco-constrictive properties? I know ergot does but ergot has a lot of other properties that LSD doesn't have. Are you confusing LSD with LSA?

I've never had post-trip pains from either acid or psilocybin and I've certainly never experienced any vasco-constrictive effects from it. I don't think that's what causes the leg pains. Maybe you're sitting in an uncomfortable way and not realising it because you're tripping.

ive use to feel pain on the back of my thighs when when coming down from LSD. I always just brushed it off and thought it was caused by me clenching my muscled without during the trip without realizing it.

I havent felt this in years though, really i have no clue what may cause this but i know ive definately felt it myself in the past.

Does LSD have vasco-constrictive properties? I know ergot does but ergot has a lot of other properties that LSD doesn't have. Are you confusing LSD with LSA?

I've never had post-trip pains from either acid or psilocybin and I've certainly never experienced any vasco-constrictive effects from it. I don't think that's what causes the leg pains. Maybe you're sitting in an uncomfortable way and not realising it because you're tripping.

Um, yeah LSD causes vasoconstriction- I think its due to binding to adrenal receptors. That is what causes the leg pains http://jpet.aspetjournals.org/cgi/content/abstract/184/2/366

Guys LSD does cause vascoconstriction but it is not anymore intense than caffeine or mushrooms. LSD never causes a dangerous amount anyway.

Now designer drugs on the other hand can(DOB, DOI, DOC, DOM ect.). These can actually kill you.

My theory is the guy has leg pain cause he took bunk LSD, it was other designer psychedelic. They tend to have painful sensations.

I've never been borthered by LSD's vascoconstriction. but DOI and DOC sucks ass.

Excuse the typos and mess, rolled last night on good molly = )

Um, yeah LSD causes vasoconstriction- I think its due to binding to adrenal receptors. That is what causes the leg pains http://jpet.aspetjournals.org/cgi/content/abstract/184/2/366

Well that suggests there's an effect that can be observed on the vein in a lab but there's big difference between that and what a human being might actually notice. Wasn't that experiment being done on veins that had actually been removed from the sheep/human body? How does that relate to what a human being actually notices?

I've taken some incredibly heavy doses of LSD and never felt any leg pains. Surely if LSD caused leg pains I would have noticed? And i've certainly never had leg pains from mescaline or psilocybin.

EDIT: In fact I'd go the other way - I don't get any pains. I've never felt as physically fantastic in every part of my body as when I do on acid. I feel great the day after too. Albert Hoffman said he felt reborn the day after - never mentioned being in agony with leg pains!

Last edited:
= I do take 15mgs of adderall xr a day and was just wondering if its the addies making me exert too much for on my legs while im tripping or if it could be a side effect of bad acid

More likely to be the adderall. There's a shitload of reports all over the internet from people saying they get leg pains from adderall.

TO Issy ^Well, I've felt leg pains from acid. I believe it to be from vasoconstrction. Everyones different though. Its a bit pointless saying LSD doesn't cause vasocontriction, because it is a known and documented side effect of LSD. Though I have heard that this effect is more pronounced from LSD prepared from lysergic acids...

Where's the documentation about it being a side-effect of LSD tho swilow? It's the first time I've ever heard it and I've been reading about LSD for years. I'm aware that the ergot compounds are vasoconstrictive, LSA is if you take a big dose, but I never thought LSD was. Certainly not to the extent that it leaves you with leg pains the next day.

I agree that article you quoted says something about vasoconstriction but god knows what they were doing there - it sounds like they cut a vein out of a sheep, stretched it under tension and then somehow applied LSD to it. That article also says mescaline and psilocybin cause vasoconstriction and I've never heard of mescaline/psilocybin causing leg pain.

Issy, just type in LSD vasonconstriction into google. Or look up vasonsconstrictors on Wiki, LSD is listed...

i get these pains often, from both mushrooms and lsd. i had never heard about this side effect--it's nice to know i'm not the only one who's experienced it.

While LSD does act at the alpha adrenoreceptors (responsible for vasoconstrictive effects of ergot alkaloids), the dose to get significant adrenergic activity is way up in the milligrams region re: dosage (there is a graph somewhere detailing the IC50 for LSD's interaction with various receptors - 5HT/noradrenaline/dopamine/histamine)- not the sort of dose the O/P is talking about at all. The real culprit for the discomfort is almost certainly the amphetamine, and then not vasoconstriction, but purely due to the muscle tension that can arise from combining amphetamine with a psychedelic. While amphetamine will intensify the effects of most psychedelics, it also increases the likelyhood of anxiety (with attending muscle tension) by a hell of a lot more