• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Achievements with weed?

azuraa

Greenlighter
What have you done with your live whilst smoking? Many people see us smokers as teenagers or hippies sitting in a dark room listening to reggae and playing retro N64 games (Okay I do play Zelda but come on who hasn't?).

How far have you come with weed? Are you currently in a good job or help in charity events? Do post your experiences, nothing like looking back and feeling good!

Here's my story for example,

I'm 17, and smoke every day or two. My pattern is pretty much smoke semi heavily before bed and chill to some music or films. Only my closest mates and my girlfriend knows I smoke, I'm not like your average 17 year old who's username would be "#420blazeitKushlord" and I'm not open like some people. There's nothing more I hate than the people that make it their aim to tell everyone that they smoke weed as if it's something to brag about.

I currently work as a recruitment consultant and am probably in the group of the youngest consultants in England which is quite nice, goes to show that age is just a number!

I also do some charity work, giving blood and volunteering for cancer research UK every couple of months.

Another big part of my life is sports! I have a big passion for football (Soccer) whether it be me playing or watching I love it. Also did a 24h charity football match to raise money for cancer research.

Looking forward to hearing some replies!

:)Gosh, it seems that you are really healthy.
I smoke before going to bed almost every night. Have a great job. Have done my share of charity, however, despite of my work, life can be very annoying sometimes.
Trying to be sober at all cost - with success so far, although using prescribed Methadone for this purpose. Not only for the addiction but for rip´s surgery endless pain.
Not going to retire in the near future. Maybe in 15 or 20 years from now.
Most definitely not as cheerful as your example, but hey, after what I have gone through, I believe my life is a lot better nowadays.

Last edited:
You're going to not like my response and it is way off the topic, though I did notice your age. BL is a harm reduction site and harm reduction is what we do best.

It sounds like you're a bright young man with a lot of prospects. Well done for what you have achieved in life and I sincerely hope you carry on achieving.

As for your cannabis use, you're too young. If anything science has taught us over the years, is that cannabis has a negative impact on an adolescents developing mind. I know you may not be able to appreciate what I'm trying to convey to you, but it is something I'm passionate about getting across to young people who use cannabis.

Ive beaten a few video games when I was high

I wouldnt worry about smoking as a teenager, that's the best time to do it imo.

Shit man, the weed helps me a great deal with medical issues now but I used to smoke everyday all day for, shit for almost 20 yrs. I'm not sure it did anything to help me when I was younger though. I'm not dissing the weed or anything like that, I enjoyed it even though it didn't get me high . I just think it messed with me a bit smoking so much at a young age. I was predisposed to mental illness and I think the weed hit umm, hit like a dimming switch in my mind back then. Idk if weed had anything to do with any issues I have now but I suspect it did play a small role in my life path. Don't get me wrong I still smoke and I know it's really Hippocritical for me to even write this but if anyone out there is young and has a predisposition to depression/schizophrenia and the like please think twice about smoking trees. I withdrew from society, totally, except to sell/cop weed and the years went by. The light never came back. While I can't blame it all on weed (10% maybe) it did play a role IMHO. It's not an addictive substance, well not physically but for someone whose brain chemistry was already compromised like myself it was addictive mentally, for me though, not in most.
This is very difficult for me to write for some reason, emotionally. I've always loved the weed, it was always there through all those bad times. I could always cop a half and just puff L's for a few days, ahh it was nice, an easy way to take my mind off the problem of the day. Everyday there were problems though, they never ended. I always said "well I'll just grab this for now to get through", that turned to"damn I'm outta weed, gotta find some dough" and that turned to"fuck it I'm gonna just cop a pound to save money". It's just a slippery slope with any drug I think if not used "correctly". Just if there's any young people out there who's mom or dad suffers from serious mental illness then take it easy with the weed, if u do it make sure u can turn it off. It does fuck with your brain while it's still developing and if your predisposed to mental illness it may change your life, thinking, decision making etc...

What have you done with your live whilst smoking? Many people see us smokers as teenagers or hippies sitting in a dark room listening to reggae and playing retro N64 games (Okay I do play Zelda but come on who hasn't?).

How far have you come with weed? Are you currently in a good job or help in charity events? Do post your experiences, nothing like looking back and feeling good!

Here's my story for example,

I'm 17, and smoke every day or two. My pattern is pretty much smoke semi heavily before bed and chill to some music or films. Only my closest mates and my girlfriend knows I smoke, I'm not like your average 17 year old who's username would be "#420blazeitKushlord" and I'm not open like some people. There's nothing more I hate than the people that make it their aim to tell everyone that they smoke weed as if it's something to brag about.

I currently work as a recruitment consultant and am probably in the group of the youngest consultants in England which is quite nice, goes to show that age is just a number!

I also do some charity work, giving blood and volunteering for cancer research UK every couple of months.

Another big part of my life is sports! I have a big passion for football (Soccer) whether it be me playing or watching I love it. Also did a 24h charity football match to raise money for cancer research.

Looking forward to hearing some replies!

why the fuck would you volunteer for cancer research? You really think they don't know what weed does? you need to do some research on weed. THEY WANT MONEY. They don't want people growing weed at home and treating themselves for free. Im sorry but people like you proppa fucking piss me off. You need to learn more about this plant.

Ive beaten a few video games when I was high

I wouldnt worry about smoking as a teenager, that's the best time to do it imo.

Dude I've beaten so many video games stoned, I don't even remember them all.

Biggest achievement as a weedhead, you say? Fuckin'.... stayin' low-key with 24/7 intoxication and not ending up in handcuffs once a week.

Work life? Shit, man, I don't want to get into specifics. I'm on the track to be doing some shit that they really would prefer you not to be smoking weed in your off-hours for. My answer, though? UNION BITCH. I've got 7 years seniority and my name's next up on a bid-list for a job that starts at 17.80/hr, with a 4-year progression that tops out at 32.43 where I'm currently at. Guaranteed overtime, IBT protection, no random drug screens. They do drug test, just not randomly. With notice and/or with cause after a single initial pre-employment DT.

Also, I don't want to hear people bitch for w/e reason around here were they to hear the specifics so I just like to keep it close-to-chest.

At this current moment, though? Video games and TV, man, that's what I achieve most often.

why the fuck would you volunteer for cancer research? You really think they don't know what weed does? you need to do some research on weed. THEY WANT MONEY. They don't want people growing weed at home and treating themselves for free. Im sorry but people like you proppa fucking piss me off. You need to learn more about this plant.

Holy shit, I think this kid's fucking awesome for doing what he does, weed-smoker or not. You know what you need to do? Calm down, brutha. Here we have a guy trying to be proactive in his community while also enjoying an illicit activity or two in his spare time, and then we've got you telling him to read more about weed because why? He's doing it wrong?

Fuck that.

^ I think you wildly misinterpreted the OP

he was just trying to see if there are other people like him who dont fit the typical "stoner" image

@ OP: a lot of people do, they just dont talk about it because it is still illegal at the end of the day

I have gone into work stoned at a variety of jobs in a variety of types of work from retail to physical labor to warehouses to restaurants.

some lines of work are better for being a pothead than others. Out of those I just listed, physical labor and the restaurant I wouldnt have worked at if I COULDNT smoke weed. Retail fucking sucks when youre stoned but Im just good at bullshitting I guess and I dont work in a typical retail store. It is retail technically, but I would have to try very hard to get fired

Best achievements with weed: laughing my arse off with my friends, having exceptional sex with my gf, eating the best tasting meals of my life, best enjoyment from movies, composing nightmarish music...

Mainly epicurean achievements ;)

I completely understand what you're saying. I've done a bit of research but to be honest I've been weighing up the goods and the bads whilst getting high and the goods significantly out number the bads. It's improved my work and has really improved my sleeping pattern! If anything bad starts coming up I'd definitely either stop or cut down. I would say I definitely use it in moderation anyway so I hope l'll be alright. Thanks for looking out for me/us though, you sound like a good man!

I can't really see what I'm doing wrong volunteering for a charity. Regardless of whether they know about what the plant does or not they still do good things for people. Before you lecture me on how charity's make profit yes I know but they still do good in the world. Cancer research is a charity close to my heart, I've lost all of my grandparents to cancer and many more in my family.

Biggest achievement I've gotten with weed was any time I went to smoke it and it got me high. I praise the weed for doing it's job and giving me what I was looking for.

Your good azura, you got your shit together bro. Keep it up and the world is yours for the taking man. Don't sell out though!!!

Also thanks to weed, when high and listening to the right music / watching the right videos, I got a few of the most intense feelings of love and euphoria of my life.

Many high achieving public figures and celebrities are coming out in support of cannabis, with their own testimonies about how it has helped, or at least, hasn't harmed them.

Me personally, I've smoked from age 15-25. I've been to college and earned a degree. I work in web development and write HTML, CSS, JavaScript, PHP, SQL. I really enjoy solving problems with computer programming, it's difficult cerebral work but I love a challenge. I feel that I may have underachieved somewhat, and my use of cannabis has been a contributing factor to that. But also, I feel that cannabis has given me mental stability and valuable perspectives on life generally. Overall it has been a blessing to my life. I did stop using it completely for 15 months when I was age 23, and I did not notice any difference, except for perhaps being a little more stressed. I've since resumed and smoke very small amounts, it feels mentally very therapeutic for me.

Oh yeah and I'd like to add that weed and work don't mix at all for me, I have a problem in which I perceive everything work-related to be a source of anxiety, and when I smoke weed I feel everything more intensely, so I won't be able to work because it'll stress me too much. I've tried to work from home recently, and if I've got some weed, I'll just lose an entire day, so not really helping me to achieve this...

Weed has helped me achieve several small things, but nothing huge. It helped me cope with my POS job and bitch "boss" until she got fired/I quit and left for school. A dab before I clean, workout, or do homework makes it easier for me to focus and be more productive.

got a 4.0 at a major university in one of the hard science majors....studied high, took tests high, got high scores. did quite a bit after that as well...

got a 4.0 at a major university in one of the hard science majors....studied high, took tests high, got high scores. did quite a bit after that as well...

[video=youtube_share;oYgN-m8Q5yE]http://youtu.be/oYgN-m8Q5yE[/video] I don't know if you said that intentionally...

I make some really amazing cheeseburgers while high. Maple Siracha bacon burgers with caramelized onion and arugula. What do you know about that?