• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Acetone Washing Cocaine vs Methamphetamine

Jabberwocky

Frumious Bandersnatch
I have been reading a few Teks in different places and notice that people instructing on washing coke with acetone often call for a 48 drying period (drying off the acetone) vs people instructing on washing meth who commonly suggest 10 minutes with a hair dryer until acetone smell is gone.

Is there something different about acetone washing coke vs meth or are tweakers just really impatient?

To me, a 48-hour period for the acetone to evaporate seems excessive and potentially counterproductive consider how rapidly acetone evaporates and how cocaine hydrochloride tends to be hygroscopic (draws moisture from the air around it). Are you sure you aren't conflating the drying of the end product with the necessary desiccation of the acetone through the use of a drying agent like magnesium sulfate? In this instance, you let the jar sit in the freezer for something like 48 hrs so the MgSO₄ settles and carries residual bits of water down with it. Now you can either decant icecold, anhydrous acetone from the jar, or use a pipette to transfer same. Forgive me if you already know the above info.

Also, you can usually purge something like acetone out through use of a vacuum chamber, like what's used for degassing butane hash oil. Also worth mentioning is the fact that any cuts containing an amine group (NH₃) will bond with acids to form water-soluble salts, just like cocaine does, and will likely not be removed via acetone wash nor acid/base extraction. Although, regarding A/B extraction, it is possible to take advantage of the fact cocaine forms a freebase crystal (read: rock). It's kind of like whipping and re-rocking only you want to wash away all traces of baking soda instead and just keep the resulting freebase (note: I'm intentionally not using the term ‘crack’ here b/c I tend to think of it as cocaine cut with the same sodium bicarbonate used to free it from the HCl molecule to begin with). Do note: the product loss here can be astonishing as the majority of cocaine outside of South America is heavily cut. In my experience a yield of ~50% is not uncommon, but the resulting cocaine flakes are absolutely incredible if you know what you're doing, you're meticulous in approach and execution, and the initial product was decent to begin with…

To me, washing cocaine is a much more delicate operation with less room for error compared to washing meth. Regardless, I think you already know the answer to the question regarding tweakers being impatient (let's just say deferred gratification does not come easily to some people), lol. Good luck! :)

To me, a 48-hour period for the acetone to evaporate seems excessive and potentially counterproductive consider how rapidly acetone evaporates and how cocaine hydrochloride tends to be hygroscopic (draws moisture from the air around it). Are you sure you aren't conflating the drying of the end product with the necessary desiccation of the acetone through the use of a drying agent like magnesium sulfate? In this instance, you let the jar sit in the freezer for something like 48 hrs so the MgSO₄ settles and carries residual bits of water down with it. Now you can either decant icecold, anhydrous acetone from the jar, or use a pipette to transfer same. Forgive me if you already know the above info.

Also, you can usually purge something like acetone out through use of a vacuum chamber, like what's used for degassing butane hash oil. Also worth mentioning is the fact that any cuts containing an amine group (NH₃) will bond with acids to form water-soluble salts, just like cocaine does, and will likely not be removed via acetone wash nor acid/base extraction. Although, regarding A/B extraction, it is possible to take advantage of the fact cocaine forms a freebase crystal (read: rock). It's kind of like whipping and re-rocking only you want to wash away all traces of baking soda instead and just keep the resulting freebase (note: I'm intentionally not using the term ‘crack’ here b/c I tend to think of it as cocaine cut with the same sodium bicarbonate used to free it from the HCl molecule to begin with). Do note: the product loss here can be astonishing as the majority of cocaine outside of South America is heavily cut. In my experience a yield of ~50% is not uncommon, but the resulting cocaine flakes are absolutely incredible if you know what you're doing, you're meticulous in approach and execution, and the initial product was decent to begin with…

To me, washing cocaine is a much more delicate operation with less room for error compared to washing meth. Regardless, I think you already know the answer to the question regarding tweakers being impatient (let's just say deferred gratification does not come easily to some people), lol. Good luck! :)
I wouldn't touch usa coke. At least the crack seems to be made with real cocaine. I'm never doing either again, but those 20$ grams in peru were fire.

I wouldn't touch usa coke. At least the crack seems to be made with real cocaine. I'm never doing either again, but those 20$ grams in peru were fire.

I remember I got an OZ off my buddy from the dark web years back, he was one of the highest reviewed vendors for coke and the pack came from Denver.

We went to acetone wash it and yielded 0 grams all of the coke disappeared 😂 it wasn’t even coke and there was no coke in the product. Likely MDPV we decided based on the effects.

Needless to say that vendor had like 3000 5 star reviews which shows either we just got a fake batch or that many people don’t know what real coke is.

He left him a 1 star review and a huge thing and I remember the vendor threatening to come kill him 🥲 good times. Don’t sell fake coke lol.

I remember I got an OZ off my buddy from the dark web years back, he was one of the highest reviewed vendors for coke and the pack came from Denver.

We went to acetone wash it and yielded 0 grams all of the coke disappeared 😂 it wasn’t even coke and there was no coke in the product. Likely MDPV we decided based on the effects.

Needless to say that vendor had like 3000 5 star reviews which shows either we just got a fake batch or that many people don’t know what real coke is.

He left him a 1 star review and a huge thing and I remember the vendor threatening to come kill him 🥲 good times. Don’t sell fake coke lol.
You can't base your decision to buy from a particular vendor on the comments, stars, and reviews on the same dark net market in which you found said vendor… people often don't leave bad feedback out of fear of retribution – after all, most people are giving those dealers their actual name and address; theoretically, retribution of some sort is totally a possibility. Instead you should seek vendor reviews from forums, Dread, and other 3rd party sources where anonymity from the vendor can be upheld.

Thanks guys. But can we keep this thread on the topic of how long washing coke vs meth takes. Much appreciated.

Thanks guys. But can we keep this thread on the topic of how long washing coke vs meth takes. Much appreciated.
Listen, all other things being equal, and assuming you've managed to completely dry out your acetone from all traces of water as much as you possibly can prior to using it to rinse your drugs… and let's say you're using a proper Büchner funnel with the appropriate size filter paper and an appropriately strong-but-not-too-strong vacuum is being applied (say from a metal sink aspirator), then when you filter your drug product—be it meth or cocaine—let the air from the vacuum whip through the product to assist in rapid evaporation of any potentially residual acetone, and it doesn't matter which product you're cleaning. The time is not going to change.

Word to the wise: do not discard the acetone that washes through your funnel into your vacuum flask just in case there was more water in it than you thought. Let that evaporate to see what got rinsed through… or if you're happy with the results of what was caught in the filter, don't sweat it – if done correctly it's all cuts and impurities anyway. When aided by a proper funnel, vacuum flask, filter, and modest vacuum, the additional airflow rapidly dries out your desired drug salts, be they cocaine.hcl or methamphetamine.hcl or whatever other amine-bearing compound you have bound to an acid molecule. Res ipsa loquitur.

Asking a question about coke and meth on an internet forum is a bit like trying to converse with ferrets on speed or something, ya know? Distractibility with a touch of insanity is pretty much par for the course. Hope the above helps :)

Asking a question about coke and meth on an internet forum is a bit like trying to converse with ferrets on speed or something, ya know? Distractibility with a touch of insanity is pretty much par for the course. Hope the above helps :)

Thanks. It’s certainly been interesting reading supposed Tek’s on washing amphetamines and cocaine where instead of writing down say a 5 step process in bullet points, you’ve got 16 pages of ‘my brother’s pet ferret’ did A through to Z.

If you just read the first 800 pages of the 16th Volume of the 90th Edition of 'Le Junk's Definitive Guide To Washing Coke! | Final Version #4' you should be able to complete the simple 72 step process in under a year.

If you just read the first 800 pages of the 16th Volume of the 90th Edition of 'Le Junk's Definitive Guide To Washing Coke! | Final Version #4' you should be able to complete the simple 72 step process in under a year.
That’s the one!

Is there something different about acetone washing coke vs meth or are tweakers just really impatient?
Cocaine is more water soluble so it requires a bit more skill (and really dry acetone) or you may lose a significant amount of product.
With meth it doesn't really matter too much if your acetone has a bit of water, as long as you wash it farily quickly.

You could wait 24h for it to dry but I wouldn't bother.
If it happened to be a particularly toxic solvent then yeah, you might even need to dry it under a vaccum to be safe, but a small amount of acetone isn't dangerous at all.

To speed ud the drying process:
- use an oven on low heat
- put your powder on a hot plate (not too hot)
- use a fan and open the window/go outside
- use a microwave, but only if you know how to avoid overcooking it (short bursts)
Etc...

Edit: I'm talking about drying the product (after the wash).
If what you want is to dry the acetone (getting rid of the water) then you'll need a drying agent like it has been said (either dry MgSO4/epson salts or molecular sieves).

Last edited:
Cocaine is more water soluble so it requires a bit more skill (and really dry acetone) or you may lose a significant amount of product.
With meth it doesn't really matter too much if your acetone has a bit of water, as long as you wash it farily quickly.

You could wait 24h for it to dry but I wouldn't bother.
If it happened to be a particularly toxic solvent then yeah, you might even need to dry it under a vaccum to be safe, but a small amount of acetone isn't dangerous at all.

To speed ud the drying process:
- use an oven on low heat
- put your powder on a hot plate (not too hot)
- use a fan and open the window/go outside
- use a microwave, but only if you know how to avoid overcooking it (short bursts)
Etc...

Edit: I'm talking about drying the product (after the wash).
If what you want is to dry the acetone (getting rid of the water) then you'll need a drying agent like it has been said (either dry MgSO4/epson salts or molecular sieves).
Thanks. I use anhydrous acetone produced with the oven-baked Epsom salts method. I wash the finely ground meth (usually 2 grams at a time) in a shot glass and pour the whole lot (meth and acetone) into a coffee filter and then pour another measure of fresh acetone over that. When it stops dripping I fold over the top of the filter paper and waggle it in front of a high speed room fan until the filter paper is no longer damp and there is no smell of acetone. This takes from 5 to 10 minutes - no longer. I then let it sit for about 10 minutes before starting to consume it. I don’t bother with a vacuum flask, though I wish I had now I’ve looked into them after what @unodelacosa wrote.

Usually my washes result in a loss of around 5 %. Occasionally as much as 10 % but never more.

Even though acetone is not particularly toxic in low doses, reading all these guides to dry coke for 48 hours made me wonder if I was being too hasty in my process with meth. Although I was instructed in it by a couple of experienced BL’ers.

This takes from 5 to 10 minutes - no longer. I then let it sit for about 10 minutes before starting to consume it.
Maybe you could apply a little bit of heat (hot plate of a hair dryer), it wouldn't hurt. Acetone is pretty volatile regardless but if you want to get rid of most of it then try getting close to 60°C (acetone boils at 56°C at sea level).
I've heated meth up to 110°C for about 15min before, without any loss of potency, so you should be safe to go.

But yeah in my view an acetone wash is supposed to be a very quick way to clean your product.
If you have to wait hours or even days then just do an acid/base extraction instead, you will end up with a very very clean product if done correctly (way superior to an acetone wash, if your drugs weren't particularly pure to begin with).

I can attest to this. Cocaine.hcl dissolves much more rapidly in water than methamphetamine.hcl.

Also, when dealing with ice-cold acetone beware of condensation forming in whatever vessels hold said acetone as it can easily be a source of water that hydrates your otherwise anhydrous acetone.

This is also why I suggest keeping your rinses initially, just in case you suffer catastrophic product loss while doing this… if you collect the rinses you can always evaporate off or strip with vacuum the acetone and be right back where you started.

Might I also suggest a slow, careful, two-solvent recrystallization? This is a purification technique as much as it is a method to boost these drugs' respective aesthetic appeal. As the crystal lattice forms, impurities that would normally get locked inside the crystals are instead forced outward, especially where the crystals grow contiguously. So fewer, larger crystals = higher purity, generally.

The two-solvent methodology works like this: you need one solvent that dissolves the drug and its impurities but only when heated. As it cools, it loses its ability to dissolve the drug, but retains the impurities. The other solvent shouldn't be able to dissolve the drug no matter what temperature. So for example, for methamphetamine, a common two-solvent matrix to recrystallize from is boiling 99+% methanol and anhydrous acetone. As the alcohol volume reduces and cools, crystals begin forming, and with a small amount of acetone added, each new layer of crystal lattice that forms is sort of scrubbed clean by the acetone until the process completes and the extra solvents with captured impurities are poured off. Then one last acetone rinse with vacuum drying and you've got some reasonably pure gear if the product was decent to begin with. If it was weak garbage, well, don't expect too much, obviously.

I have a question about if you wash cocaine with acetone what is all involved in it and can you rerock it and I said the same or better after you worship with it

Thanks. I use anhydrous acetone produced with the oven-baked Epsom salts method. I wash the finely ground meth (usually 2 grams at a time) in a shot glass and pour the whole lot (meth and acetone) into a coffee filter and then pour another measure of fresh acetone over that. When it stops dripping I fold over the top of the filter paper and waggle it in front of a high speed room fan until the filter paper is no longer damp and there is no smell of acetone. This takes from 5 to 10 minutes - no longer. I then let it sit for about 10 minutes before starting to consume it. I don’t bother with a vacuum flask, though I wish I had now I’ve looked into them after what @unodelacosa wrote.

Usually my washes result in a loss of around 5 %. Occasionally as much as 10 % but never more.

Even though acetone is not particularly toxic in low doses, reading all these guides to dry coke for 48 hours made me wonder if I was being too hasty in my process with meth. Although I was instructed in it by a couple of experienced BL’ers.
I'm just asking about cocaine when you you washing it with acetone what is the process and do you have to let it dry out from the acetone for the 48 hours or can you do it sooner and then you still have to rock it right? Thank you

Methamphetamine is always better in most situations. Coke fucking sucks. You just crash so quickly and resort to huge line to keep going. Unless you're getting bell ringers or plugging it. But it's still a tease and waste of money unless you're The Rock.
a while back I had picked up an 8ball of some of the best coke i've had in my life. Since I didn't slam/smoke rocks, that really only left me sniffing.
It was to good to sniff. I kept getting nose bleeds from the blow . The baggie had blood all over it, that's how bad I would bleed, and stupid 'cravings' for more, knowing I will faucet some blood out of my nose for the 12th time.

Maybe when I was younger, coke seemed so fucking cool. Now as an adult, I feel like I get more out of a cup of coffee vs a line of coke.
--

If your nose is bleeding, the coke isn't very good. It was heavily cut. Medical cocaine HCL is meant to stop bleeding...
I didn't really notice any cuts, and it wasn't powdery at all, using a credit card to chop lines was terrible because it really didn't chop it up like i had wanted, also like I didn't have the urge to shit myself, or didn't really notice much of anything. The first night was a blast, then seems like the blow was making my nose raw AF and I would like to say that when I was working on gram #2 that is when my nose started bleeding.

I have a question about if you wash cocaine with acetone what is all involved in it and can you rerock it and I said the same or better after you worship with it
Strange wording, but I think I got the gist. Ok, so yes, after you wash cocaine with acetone, you can of course rerock it if you like. To do this you need to put acetone with a splash of water into a spray bottle, then mix your coke in a bowl while misting in acetone/water until it gets damp and slightly clumpy. Transfer this to something like wax paper, parchment paper, or whatever will contain it for this next part… you need to press the coke with something. Old school, cheap/Ghet methods involve placing the coke between two stackable cups or glasses and pressing them together, but obviously this carries certain risks. But it needs pressure as it dries out (acetone dries really quickly and speeds up the evaporation of water, too). The end result of this—if done correctly and with a pure enough product—will be shiny fishscale cocaine, not your typical re-rock. Good luck.