• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Cocaine Acetone wash

Paratwice

Greenlighter
Yes, on one hand I am a nuisance whining about downside of addiction.
On the other.... I'm stupid sooo..... It's no excuse I realize.
Anywhoo I gots my ball of kinda crappy powder, got my anhydrous acetone (made last week) I put way more home cooked Epsom salt than recommend. Don't think it matters long as it sucks up the water from acetone correct?
I put a dropper full in a pyrex and lit it up. It left a small amount of residual moisture. Not good I assume? I cooked it at 400 degrees for 2 hours. Had to break it up upon removal. Pure white it was. Not sure if I should proceed. Input? I'm doing the shit regardless but if I can purify it so it will cook better then I'll smoke it instead of slamming it.
Afterwards I'll ask next question. Ty

I dunno, I thought all that's needed is washing with anhydrous acetone, filtering it and then letting the washed coke dry up with some low heat to remove residual solvents. If you don't decant or filter it and just evaporate out of the pyrex you put it in, those fillers will remain put, they don't evaporate off with the acetone.

Im sorry I should have been more clear. I have not started the procedure yet. I simt did a burn test on my "anhydrous acetone" to see if it left a moisture residue after all acetone burnt off. I'm wondering if it is indeed dry enough.
The mag sulphate crystals settled in the bottom of the jar of acetone swirl up from the bottom at even a slight bump. Just trying to figure out how dry it really needs to be. I have read a lot of different things that make me want to hear something from somebody here and now w any experience based input?
Ty btw for your response 👍

oh lol =D

MgSO4 loses water content when you heat it again, might be some in the pyrex. Or it's just not anhydrous magnesium sulfate, did you blast it at high enough temps and for long enough?

Usually most acetone is 99.5% already and a tiny bit of anhydrous magnesium sulfate will do it, acetone is not that hygroscopic. If it's anhydrous it'll probably stay anhydrous, you shouldn't be seeing any moisture if you burn it off.

400 degrees for 2 hours in a foil covered pyrex was the instructions I followed.
I added some to 95 percent ethanol as well and this burned off w no residue. I'm thinking maybe I didn't add enough

Then of course there is the ethanol wash. I've got gallons of that but I've read more about acetone

You managed to make ethanol anhydrous with it? I thought they used magnesium ethoxide for that and it was impossible with mgso4.

I dunno. I am no chemist, although I do have a minor obsession w building fireworks lol

cocaine will dissolve in methanol or ethanol, don't wash with those.

burning acetone is not a good way to determine if a solvent is wet. the combustion products of ethanol, or acetone are... carbon dioxide and water :)

You can't use too much dry magensium sulfate. Just filter it off before using the acetone and make sure everything is stored in a sealed container.

Everything stored tight and right. I added more dry mag sulfate to be safe. So yes, filter the acetone first to remove any suspended salt particles.
Far as filter paper, coffee filters, or printer paper? I understand some product can be lost in the surface texture of the paper. The bleached white coffee filters seem fairly smooth. I assume we are talking a VERY small loss in the paper so I was going to use the ol' Mr. Coffee basket style white paper filter unless it is advised to do otherwise. Lab grade filter paper I have none.

I figured. I'm going to try it on 1/1/2g being a newb to this. I am content enough to forgo shooting it. I believe I will be happy enough w the results and don't mind waiting. I do enjoy trying out new things

Im sorry I should have been more clear. I have not started the procedure yet. I simt did a burn test on my "anhydrous acetone" to see if it left a moisture residue after all acetone burnt off. I'm wondering if it is indeed dry enough.
The mag sulphate crystals settled in the bottom of the jar of acetone swirl up from the bottom at even a slight bump. Just trying to figure out how dry it really needs to be. I have read a lot of different things that make me want to hear something from somebody here and now w any experience based input?
Ty btw for your response 👍
By burn test u mean u lit it on fire rather than evaporated it? Burning it will produce water+carbon dioxide.evaporate it instead and see if there's water residue