• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Harm Reduction accidently took my dads medicaiton whikle on bars.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caden517

Greenlighter
so i am really bared out right now, and decided to go sneak downstairs to see if I could get a pill of my dad who has a .5 mg script. well I decided to take before looking at the bottle (smooth move right?) and after taking it, looked at the bottle and realized it was the wrong one. the name of the pill was semvastion, 50mg I believe. I am not prescribed these pills. so will it hurt me? also very bared right now so sorry for any misspellings. need answers quick trying not to ruin my trip.

You took his cholesterol medicine. You will be fine but maybe take this as a lesson.

You also didn't accidentally take his pills you took them on purpose and accidentally took the wrong ones. Just saying for when you aren't barred and your memory comes back

Why didn't you just Google it? Also, if it reassures you, I don't think simvastatin comes in 50mg tablets, so it's more likely you took 5mg (the lowest dose). You'll be fine - just learn to read the goddamn packaging before taking anything, and how to do an online search by yourself on something you've swallowed to quickly find out whether you need to call an ambulance ASAP, instead of asking on Bluelight. Many meds won't afford you the luxury of waiting several minutes-hours for a forum reply if you OD on them.

Last edited:
As much as I hate to admit, I made this mistake too when I was younger....except it was a handful of trazadone.....not a fun experience at all..

OP, I doubt you've much to worry about. Just be more careful and attentive to what you're dosing from now on....could be much worse.

-PA

And go out and eat a big juicy double cheese with bacon, 'cause you're good to go with your cholesterol intake for today ! �� �� �� �� ��

If you have time to make a blue light account and make this thread you have time to google the pill before you take it man....
Be careful please
I have amitriptyline cyclobenzaprine and tizanidine (which I'm new to using) and even after researching a ton online and having bluelight reply, I'm still scared to take them. I'm scared if I miss one piece of information and fuck up

Right? That shit blows my mind... Like going out of the way to not make effort

I think you're fine, doesn't sound like it has immediate side effects from what you said and what I've gathered from the thread. Apparently it's some sort of cholesterol meds and people who are familiar with it on here say it doesn't interact with xanax, luckily. However, this could have gone a lot worse. You could have taken something that did interact with xanax in a medically significant manner. For example, if your dad was prescribed percocet or oxycodone and you were blizted on xanax and inadvertently took another depressant that could interact with the stuff, such as an opiate....... you might not have posted here. Not trying to scare you, just saying that if you don't know what you're taking when you reach in a bottle of pills....... you could potentially make a very dangerous mistake one day.

Last edited:
Why didn't you just Google it? Also, if it reassures you, I don't think simvastatin comes in 50mg tablets, so it's more likely you took 5mg (the lowest dose). You'll be fine - just learn to read the goddamn packaging before taking anything,

Agreed. Definitely, taking something without knowing what it is can be a recipe for disaster. Doubt many people here would dispute that.

and how to do an online search by yourself on something you've swallowed to quickly find out whether you need to call an ambulance ASAP, instead of asking on Bluelight.

I agree, definitely. However, doing the research is definitely best done prior to taking a substance rather than after.

On a side note, isn't it funny how the side effects of being barred out results in stealing or searching for something you shouldn't be searching for, or going somewhere you shouldn't, whilst having no recollection lol.

yes, one of the side effects of being "barred out" is almost always doing something you shouldn't be doing.

okay well i think this thread reached its logical conclusion a while back so i'm just gonna go and close it now
? ?? ? ???

Status
Not open for further replies.