• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Accidental Meth OD without getting high???

Grosso

Greenlighter
So I've always been a dabbler, but in my older years substances are more about utility than adventure. I'm a writer and I have a horrible case of ADHD; it's a difficult combination. So I've been prescribed 70 mg of Vyvanse and 20mg of Adderall for many years, but when I'm at a deadline, I've been known to do a few bumps of glass when things aren't coming together quickly enough. But snorting meth hurts like hell, and I'd read that eating it is less intense but lasts longer. That seemed like a great idea. So I purchased a half gram, did a couple bumps, and then got online to see how much I should put in an empty capsule. When I read suggestions of 50mg, I literally had a moment of complete idiocy, and panicked, thinking I had already ruined by ability to make oral administration effective because I knew there was only 40mg left. So I put the rest of the half in the capsule and swallowed it. Now, some of you may have noticed I dropped a couple zeroes in my previous calculations. So, in essence, I did half a graham of crystal meth in the span of twenty minutes. Though I spent hours expecting to lose my shit, I really haven't experienced any intoxication other than being very sick to my stomach and having horrible joint pains. I even went to sleep for six hours. So 24 hours later, I'm wondering a) is my tolerance so high that I got away with this? b) Is there a capsule in my somewhere that's going to eventually open up and make things really weird? c) Does everything hurt because I'm just coming down with the flu? For awhile I was sure I was going to die, but now I'm just concerned I have done damage to my innards. Right now, it's just a lot of joint-aching. Has anyone had a similar experience?

I'm sorry but I have to say this, how in the fuck does one make that mistake??? And no, I have no idea why you didn't feel it. The capsule had to have dissolved, it was a regular gelatin capsule, correct? They don't stand a chance against stomach acid.. Weird.

Grosso, welcome to Bluelight :) Can you just clarify: are you saying you swallowed 400mg? It's not very clear. Surely you would have known you were about to finish off the entire half gram though??

If you felt absolutely nothing, the chances are it wasn't the best meth. Clearly you'd have a fair bit of tolerance, but even so, you should have felt something. Alternatively you did experience quite an effect, but just weren't particularly aware of it yourself, which can happen to some people.

I'm pretty sure that's what he's saying. Yeah, purity may be of question, but if he felt effects off a couple bumps insufflated, 400 mgs. or so orally should have had him fucking flying for quite some time.

I know. It was pretty much the dumbest mistake ever. But I hadn't ever purchased it before, because i was always getting lines from other people. I used to do a lot of cocaine and have always done similar-sized lines. And I could probably put a gram of coke down in six hours. Therefore, looking at the amount in the capsule when I put it all in just looked like a few big lines, and I thought that made sense due to bioavailability. I think I'd probably insufflated 150 mg, so the pill probably had 350. I definitely did feel the bumps, but they weren't overwhelming. And since I was alone in my room writing without human interaction, I suppose I might not have an understanding of the effects that actually took place. I woke up this morning feeling fine, though, thankfully. I'm a big girl, who's pretty pickled at this point, I guess. But I'm well aware that I dodged a bullet. The whole experience has convinced me my random powder days are over. Vyvanse really does do the trick.

Glad you're alright and learned that coke and meth, while both stimulants, are quite different drugs and shouldn't be dosed similarly.