View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Acacia Confusa vs Chaliponga for Ayahuasca

joe1191

Greenlighter
For someone who is looking for a full on ayahuasca experience, which would be better to use or are there really any differences: acacia confusa or chaliponga? Syrian Rue will be used as the MAOI. I'm new to ayahuasca any advice would be wonderful.
Also, would it be safe to take alone? I have experience with a fairly heavy LSD trip alone and handled it perfectly.

This is a somewhat strange choice of herbs to compare... Chaliponga is not only a DMT containing plant, but also has 5-meO-DMT (supposedly), whereas Confusa contains DMT and NMT as actives.
They are most certainly very different.

The traditional Ayahuasca herb is Chacruna (P. Viridis), which is DMT containing. Comparing this to Confusa is more appropriate. Each have their own properties and values, and there are people who prefer each of course.

Its not Ayahuasca if you are using Syrian Rue. It is only Ayahyasca if you use caapi vine.

Ayahuasca

For someone who is looking for a full on ayahuasca experience, which would be better to use or are there really any differences: acacia confusa or chaliponga? Syrian Rue will be used as the MAOI. I'm new to ayahuasca any advice would be wonderful.
Also, would it be safe to take alone? I have experience with a fairly heavy LSD trip alone and handled it perfectly.

Here's some info I had wrote up from a blog on Word you might find helpful. Excuse the lack of brevity! It covers a wide swath but covers all but Syrian Rue by name, via implication. Indeed, if you are using Syrian Rue, it is not Ayahuasca. Yes, adding substitute β-carboline containing plants will make the traditional nn-DMT containing Psychotria viridis (chacruna) or Diplopterys cabrerana orally active, but this is just not the same formulation. I would not do this work alone, as far as the enthobotany. It takes some experience to do this so it's both safe & effective. Doing it alone, I would not recommend the 1st time, in fact a guided trip to Peru is highly preferable. But you know you better than I....peace & take care....

Just to be clear, Ayahuasca is not illegal everywhere, such as Peru (and the components are sold here across the counter in Vancouver & even in some places in the US) and as it is of course typically at least 2 plants to become active (oral), either on their own is usually not illegal. In France, this is not so, as any component is illegal. The DMT-carrying plant - usually the leaves of either Psychotria viridis (chacruna) or Diplopterys cabrerana (chagropanga or chaliponga) is then mixed with a number of MAOi containing plants, most famously the “Vine of the Soul” or B. caapi/ or substitute β-carboline containing plants which may be used to make it orally active, as nn-DMT is quickly dealt with & neutralized in the liver before it can cross the blood brain barrier. San Pedro or other less psychoactive items are usually also present in the mixture.

However, in fact in the US the UDV Church took the DEA to court, over the religious sacraments law (Religious Freedoms Restoration Act) as a shipment was seized & the court agreed it should be returned as was. Catholic & other such entities joined supporting this action, as crackers & wine could have been next, some day. In the Netherlands, Dutch Santo Daime church also succeeded in a similar action about 10 years back. A number of MAOi/ β-carbolines containing plants can be substituted to make it orally active, as nn-DMT is quickly dealt with & neutralized in the liver before it can cross the blood brain barrier. The only other way outside lab a near relative of nn-DMT is the bean snuff like Anadenanthera peregrina, also known as Yopo, Jopo, Cohoba, from the tree of the Anadenanthera genus. 5MEO-DMT also can be found in a frog from California (Bufo alvarius) in the glands around the skull & can be squeezed & dried for smoking.

It is clearly an important cultural aspect of Shamanism in the greater Amazon & when properly administered, to a medically apt subject, it is safe, likely at least as a so as a 26oz bottle of Whiskey (don't wish to bend the rules with a stronger opinion against the Rye). That beef & oil as well as deforestation is in conflict with tribes like the Witoto, who have enough struggle going on just dealing with the effects of the transistor radio, as (oil?) companies sent in botanists to try & patent these plants to stop there use, which of course luckily failed! These psychedelic entheogens pose multiple threats to "old" western culture's ideals, when it's a pharmacological intervention that is greatly helpful in my humble opinion to assist our global situation to be brought to healing…and re-connection to nature. Ayahuasca tourism shows how easily even western peoples recognize the importance of these experiences, although it is good to make sure you book with a reliable retreat.
27.gif
26.gif
23.gif
22.gif

Last edited:
Thank you so much for all this information and correcting me on calling the brew I'm making with Syrian Rue ayahuasca. I have discovered it's technically called "formohuasca".
I have never tried any form of ayahuasca before. In a full on journey, would one be able to get up and purge into a container or would it be to intense to be able to? Any correlation with LSD by chance?

Are you determind to go with the plants joe? I always found they gave you a lot more nausea and were harder to dose right. I've always gone with DMT crystals and moclobemide (trade name aurorix) as the maoi. You can dose accurately and it's a lot easier choking it down.

I think I am just because DMT is impossible to find here and making it seems to be on the difficult side vs the plants. Otherwise, I would be very open to that way.

I have never gone down the pharmahuasca route myself. I have had oral crystal dmt with syrian rue 3 times and felt the trip lacking compared to viridus and caapi. I think caapi brings important elements to the experience. Yes nausea will be present but purging is part of the experience for me. I dont take aya just to get high. I use it to heal. I have done it in ceremonies in peru and Australia. Its not something to be taken lightly nor is it always a pleasant experience. Sometimes it can be downright terrifying. Other times unimaginable bliss. Its not recreational its work. Enjoy your journey.

Unfortunately, I don't have the skills or time to try the caapi method. My goal here is healing as well. Does the purge happen at different times for everyone or before the journey?