View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Acacia confusa confused

Searching4truth

Bluelighter
So after desperately wanting to try DMT and not being able to find it around, I decided I'd try to make it. I believe I made a mistake early on by using a tek that didn't call for acid boils, but their pictures showed some beautiful crystals so I didn't think anything of it really. This is obviously my first attempt. So I go through the whole process and put my decanted naphtha solution in the freezer for 24 hrs and when I pull it out, I have a bunch of white flakes floating in the solution and some are on the bottom. After decanting the naphtha solution back into my bark container, and letting the glass dry, I go to scrape it up and it's all sticky and turned to brown. It smelled like naphtha so I let it sit out all night. This morning it smelled naphtha free but it was hard like caramel. I put it in a pipe, burned a little off just in case there were still impurities and took a couple hits. After about the third hit, I couldn't take anymore. It wasn't painful but it wasn't painless if that makes any sense. I felt a small rush and a slight change kind of like a deep meditation or being stoned or something. It was very minor and it only lasted maybe 10 minutes but no visual action. My second pull yielded in white clumps that melted into clear liquid at room temperature. I'm going to order another 100g of acacia (can NOT find mhrb anywhere, and the only one online sells it by the kg. I don't want that much and I don't want to be flagged, either). Is this stuff I have anything to keep or should I throw it out and count it as loss and try again? I've done research but can't seem to come to a consensus and some folks speak chemistry terms that are over my simple mind.

Smoking technique is pretty important. It's likely you just didn't do it properly.

Did you heat the naptha with a water bath when extracting? It won't pull much unless it's heated. Plus, you should evap your naptha, not all the DMT crashes out. Especially after only 24 hours. It took me about 72 hours in the freezer to see a good amount of crystals.

I did heat it up but not with a water bath. I placed the jar on a heating pad. So I guess I should just throw everything out and try again? I'll let it evap more and leave it in the fridge longer.

Don't throw it out. I bet you could do a further extraction, keep it really warm, then leave it in the fridge for like three days. Remove crystals, then evap for slightly less pure extract.

Can you describe your current technique?

Cover your container with naphtha. It sounds like your collecting water crystals from the freezer for the second pull where the first I have no clue what went wrong. What tek are you using? I recommend looking up q21q21 tek over on the dmt nexus, which I feel breaks the science down pretty well. Especially combined with the other plethora of teks posted

I put 100g finely shaved a. confusa into a jar with 800ml distilled water with 125g lye. I let that sit for an hour. Then I added warm naphtha until there was an inch layer above the mixture and swirled it for about 10 minutes and then let that sit on a heating pad for 2 hours, swirling it two or three times within that period. I used a syringe to pull off the naphtha without grabbing anything below it and put it in a pyrex dish with a lid on in the freezer for 24 hours. Then I pulled the solution out and put it back in the bark solution and turned the dish upside down until it was dry. I used this ---> http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/17060277/fpart/all/vc/1
Thanks for responding.

It should be fine. The concept of the extraction is an acid to base extraction. There's extra stuff to do like defat steps and sodium bicarbonate wash, but I'll leave that out. Your extraction is a straight to base, which tends to yeild a lot of oil.

The big difference in q21q21 tek and yours besides the acid wash is using calcium hydroxide in place of sodium hydroxide to break the dmt free of whatever salts bound to it. I like using dehydrated lime instead of lye as you get a big goop pile that you can pour off the naphtha easily as it stays solid done right.

With acacia to remember 50% about is dmt and the other half nmt (inactive). It can be separated, but it's not necessary. Just something to be aware of.