• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

ABV DECARB

Jabberwocky

Frumious Bandersnatch
If I already have about 2 ounces of ABV that's still got some green to it, would you recommend decarb @ 250 for about 15 mins before putting in butter?

Depends on how green it is. If it's got that golden green look to it, it's probably fully decarbed. If it's brown like tobacco, it's definitely been decarbed and mostly "cashed." If it's still nearly as green as it was before vaping, then yeah, a little decarb won't hurt.

I roast the shit out of my bud in a vape. Two sessions per oven at 425F and it comes out so dark that it looks like I emptied out a cigarette, so I've never tried edibles with AVB... but I definitely enjoy rolling joints with about a 3:1 fresh flower:AVB ratio. I've read online that people have had good results with an ice water cure before cooking with the AVB:

Last edited:
Jibult Been meaning to ask; how many hits do you get on your Pax 3 (and I know there’s different modes) for 0.1, 0.2 and 0.4g? Have you used concentrates in it yet or the half pack oven? Waterpipe adapter? I ask cause I can grab one for 20% off as a patient

OP -Jibult’s advice is better than mine. I just grind my. ABV in a coffee grinder, sift out the stick/twig bits, if any and add it directly to a brownie or banana bread mix. If you’re a coffee/tea kinda person, an Xmas eggnog latte with ABV is nice. Basically I’m too lazy to do anything else other than to use it in bong rips when I’m low on supplies.

Tom

^^I always use the half-oven, packed as tightly as the magnetic seal will allow. I'd say 0.2g max, because it looks like just a pinch when I get it out and ready to pack. I don't really count hits, though... it sounds weird but keep in mind that I'm already using my phone for the pax app, so I just set a timer once I get the green light. 2 minutes of constant hits. not chiefing, just every inhalation comes through the pax. take like a 3 second drag, hold it for like 3-6 seconds at most, let it out and repeat. Then I empty the oven, stir up the still-green tree and fill 'er back up, and let it roast for 4-6 minutes depending on how it starts to taste in the endgame. Usually I can split a single half-oven pack into two different sessions, but sometimes I'll knock out several in a row and nearly drain the battery. (4 ovens/8 sessions like this take my battery from a full charge to less than 25% )

And I do my best to turn it off while it's still producing decent vapor, even if it tastes kind of meh. It still comes out the same color as blunt guts after the second roast. That thing was a delightful surprise when I picked it up a year or two ago, though, and it's been doing me right ever since. Cleaning it's pretty simple, too, it just might have to be done often if this becomes your main piece.

iso, q-tips, pipecleaners and the metal pipecleaner that comes with it are all you need to get it looking and smelling brand new.

*Something I just thought of, though, this was my first and only dry herb/flower vape so I'm not sure if this is typical of them in general... but getting a good draw out of it, a good hit? That shit took some getting used to. The best way I heard it put was that it's more like sipping a cup of hot tea than it is taking a huge drag off a bong or a bowlpiece.

Last edited:
If it's AVB should it not have already been decarboxylated just from the heat in the vaporizer?

If it's AVB should it not have already been decarboxylated just from the heat in the vaporizer?

Typically, yeah. The only caveat I can think of being someone that vapes at a low temperature and only takes a few hits before turning it back off.

What I’ve been doing is vaping at the two setting. (Pax 2) I typically only turn it up till 3 and usually dump it into a mason jar to save up till I get enough. Usually still has some green to it, I read someone that if there’s any green it needs more de carb so I’ll throw it in oven at about 250 for 10-20 depending on how green it is while my butter melts in a small individual sized crock pot. Lil Dipper to be exact. I think it’s made for sauces and what not. I’ll finish infusing it for 2 hours in an unsalted butter and it’s so far came out pretty good

Typically, yeah. The only caveat I can think of being someone that vapes at a low temperature and only takes a few hits before turning it back off.
That’s what I do. I have to do it in small increments if I get high to fast it leaves me with anxiety.

That’s what I do. I have to do it in small increments if I get high to fast it leaves me with anxiety.

No shame in that, man. These days, less is better when I'm getting high. All I'm looking for is a little anxiolytic buzz, you know? Calm down the nerves and stop the runaway thought processes, that's literally all I'm looking to get out of my weed these days.

No shame in that, man. These days, less is better when I'm getting high. All I'm looking for is a little anxiolytic buzz, you know? Calm down the nerves and stop the runaway thought processes, that's literally all I'm looking to get out of my weed these days.
Same here, well I can’t lie I’m still getting the silly high out of mine where small things are hilarious. I’ve been sticking with a lot of purples now. I’ve learned purples are the best for me despite some saying it don’t have as much thc in it.

Yeah, dude, I've had some "whoa wtf just happened" moments with my pax. It was a game-changer for me, because I haven't found a ceiling to the high with it yet. It's not for lack of trying either.. I mean, there are some days where my only thought is "Yeaaaahhhh... I'm gettin' high as fuck today."

It's weird, though, because even on those days I find myself havin' a couple drinks and after I'm about 2-3 deep I tend to completely forget about loading up the vape until I start thinking about getting to bed on time.