• ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Television Absolutely Fabulous

DarthMom

Bluelighter
Any Ab Fab fans here? I have watched that show for years. I love it!!! I started watching some of Jennifer Saunders other shows because of it. BBC kicks ass. They have all the good stuff :p

i love ab fab...
great brit humour. this and father ted are two of my favorites

I used to watch it years ago and thought it was great. I loved the crazy relationships the characters had with each other.

my goodness!!! i am surprised to come back and see the little response for this show! ok note to BLers who saw the thread and though WTF are they talking about.....GO FIND IT!!

wanderlust, I was able to catch a show of Dawn French's that involved the church of some sort. She was a nun I think, is that the one you are referring to??

no i just needed to get a plug in for my favorite show from when i lived in scotland drink! girls! FECK!

im surprised there arent many more abfab people too... ive been watching it for a few years now

*Bumpage*

I was just gonna start a thread on this cuz I started re-watching for the first time in ages the other day. I remember when I was around 10 or 11 (when it first aired), I'd laugh so much no sound would come out. I'd even laugh at things I didn't get, simply cuz it was said in a funny way. Now when I watch it, I can actually laugh at those things for real cuz I understand them. It's like discovering hidden jokes I never knew about. :D

article-1173853-006E7B1A00000258-766_233x296_popup.jpg

But I dunno, now it's funny on a completely different level.

Here's a montage just for the lulz. =D

oh lord, I don't know if those two "ladies" above either raked my last nerve left on Earth, or tickled me laughing until I was completely senseless. maybe I've been so Americanized, but sometimes I don't know whether to laugh or to quixotically scratch my head

It was an alright show but didn't come close to living up to the hype. I haven't seen it about 12 years. I might give it another chance sometime.

It all went a bit pear-shaped after around season 3 imo.

Some of it isn't quite as funny as it used to be for me, but that's mainly cuz I've watched most of the episodes so much I could mouth the entire dialogue. I still think it's one of the funniest British comedies though. :)

Me and my best friend (we lost contact when we were still young, then ended up in the same class in a different school) kinda rekindled our friendship based on this show. Even to this day we still call each other Ed. I can never call him by his real name, it just feels too weird. So when we're out and about and shoutin', "Hey Ed!", and he replies, "alright Ed?". I guess it seems a lil' strange. =D

Choice episodes are the one where they go to New York to steal the door handles (after Eddie's kitchen burns down), and when Eddie, Patsy, and Saffy get locked in the living room together. =D

"It opens inwards!". =D

why didn't anyone mention 3 new special episodes for 2011-2012 were confirmed, with the first two already airing!!!

im so hype but its already 3a.m. so ima have to watch these tomorrow night... err technically TONIGHT heh. woohoo

Seen the specials - hilarious.

Not sure they could keep it up for a total new series though.

hilarious indeed ! and i agree, dunno if they could make a new season as good as the first two have been.

new ab fab in 2012 in HD... amazing. gonna re-watch the first two later tonight and its good to know there's still one more special yet to air around the 2012 olympics. also wiki source @ http://www.digitalspy.com/movies/ne...finitely-doing-absolutely-fabulous-movie.html says a movie is planned, dunno if that means confirmed or what. totally awesome.

This isn’t the 1980’s, I’m not talking second grade you know. I’m talking about the Chanel of chemical mood enhancers. I’m talking about opium from Afghanistan. I am talking Ayahuasca that has to be blown from a shaman’s pipe in the rainforest. This is the Bugatti of pharmaceuticals. This costs! Have you seen the price of methadone? Its cheaper to buy crack!!!
Patsy Stone (Absolutely Fabulous, Identity, 2011)

Haven't watched the new specials yet, almost forgot about them... Gotta get on it right away=D

This is no doubt one of the best brit sitcoms ever, must not forget Alan Partridge tho!

Those who have seen the new episodes, you think they live up to the shows previous standards?

Those who have seen the new episodes, you think they live up to the shows previous standards?

well, imo and with tribal girl's "It all went a bit pear-shaped after around season 3" but the specials so far were just as good as anything from the first two seasons, i really mean that and its not just cause im so happy to see the characters back on TV. good write up @ http://www.huffingtonpost.com/tom-l...ulous-20th-anniversary-special_b_1196721.html

would post utube clips, but don't wanna spoil the fun =)

Thanks for the read Joe! I watched the specials few days ago and i think i enjoyed them quite alot... I was overly baked at the time, so i'll have to rewatch them some night. Can't really remember anything from them, now that i think of it...

I'm planning to rewatch the whole series soon also... It's been many years since i last time saw them all.

edit. So many good moments thruought the seasons... The botox episode or the one where Saffy gives birth at home are my favourites, or most memorable at least

Last edited: