• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Meth Abruptly stopping daily meth use

Energy04

Greenlighter
What can I expect after abruptly stopping a daily meth? Daily user for 3+ years smoking/iv. Am I gonna lose my mind? How bad will it get and for how long? Am I fucked?

Extreme fatigue and depression for at least 3 days. To the point where you just want to lay in bed and sleep until your sick and tired of sleeping. But that's the easy part. The hard part is figuring out what to do with your time once you want to get out of bed and go do something. I recommend hanging out with friends and family that you haven't seen for a while since you started using. It's hard to do meth when you're hanging out with people that don't do meth, which is why we have a tendency to isolate ourselves and spend our time with like minded individuals. It goes without saying, you should let your friends that will still be doing meth what's going on and ask that they not bring it around. They should respect your decision to quit. Ideally, you would want to no longer have friends like that, but it's not very realistic. For me, I slowly quit seeing all my friend and doing what I liked to do until I realized I had no friends anymore and all I did was sit around and get high. I'm sure someone will reply to your post with better advice than what I can give, I'm still struggling with it after 30 years and haven't figured it out yet. Good luck to you. And if you don't succeed in quitting the first time don't get discouraged, keep at it.

Extreme fatigue and depression for at least 3 days. To the point where you just want to lay in bed and sleep until your sick and tired of sleeping. But that's the easy part. The hard part is figuring out what to do with your time once you want to get out of bed and go do something. I recommend hanging out with friends and family that you haven't seen for a while since you started using. It's hard to do meth when you're hanging out with people that don't do meth, which is why we have a tendency to isolate ourselves and spend our time with like minded individuals. It goes without saying, you should let your friends that will still be doing meth what's going on and ask that they not bring it around. They should respect your decision to quit. Ideally, you would want to no longer have friends like that, but it's not very realistic. For me, I slowly quit seeing all my friend and doing what I liked to do until I realized I had no friends anymore and all I did was sit around and get high. I'm sure someone will reply to your post with better advice than what I can give, I'm still struggling with it after 30 years and haven't figured it out yet. Good luck to you. And if you don't succeed in quitting the first time don't get discouraged, keep at it.
Thanks. Im already isolated and don’t have any friends or family. This life is a fucking joke.

don’t have any friends or family.
same here
i take it as an afront. :)
but true none the less.
alwayd been a loner family was fucked from go. haha
its ok for me
i hate walking out of doors and mingling. once i am through and on the otherside of that door its usually ok havent been jumped on or shot yet, alas. yall please dont shoot at people that go to schools. leave the chiriin out of it. heard?
im walkin a lot im out un it for the most part maybe see a few of you about
wheres my tshirt/uniform?

lol

Thanks. Im already isolated and don’t have any friends or family. This life is a fucking joke.
Well I'm 55, and in the same boat. It gets no better until you decide to make it better. Sounds like your sick of doing what your doing and ready to make a change. That's a great first step. I'd also suggest NA. Narcotics Anonymous. It can be a great resource because it's ex-users helping ex-users so they'll know everything your going through. And it's possible to meet people all with a shared interest of not using.
And yeah, I can totally relate to isolation and no friends. My only real friend became the pipe and as long as I had money, he was always there for me to make me feel good. Here's how screwed up I've made things, when I look in my cell phone history for recent calls and texts, there is nothing incoming. Which is kind of a sad testament to how bad I've made things. When my son was young, I used to say to him, "you know, if you want to a friend, you have to be a friend". It's good advice and I wish I would have taken it. For too many years I would go do anything with people that didn't do the same drugs as me, and eventually they quit asking. My parting wisdom... don't be like me.

Well I'm 55, and in the same boat. It gets no better until you decide to make it better. Sounds like your sick of doing what your doing and ready to make a change. That's a great first step. I'd also suggest NA. Narcotics Anonymous. It can be a great resource because it's ex-users helping ex-users so they'll know everything your going through. And it's possible to meet people all with a shared interest of not using.
And yeah, I can totally relate to isolation and no friends. My only real friend became the pipe and as long as I had money, he was always there for me to make me feel good. Here's how screwed up I've made things, when I look in my cell phone history for recent calls and texts, there is nothing incoming. Which is kind of a sad testament to how bad I've made things. When my son was young, I used to say to him, "you know, if you want to a friend, you have to be a friend". It's good advice and I wish I would have taken it. For too many years I would go do anything with people that didn't do the same drugs as me, and eventually they quit asking. My parting wisdom... don't be like me.
Isn't it amazing once we get to this point that we all say the same thing.
Long time user over the years (started very young), but this is my longest almost daily use run from 2013 till now.
I'm a old stoner dude I guess, @fiftyFUCKINtwo years old and in the same MF boat.
Been here awhile but have never replied or posted anything.
So I guess this could be my first step in getting help. So thank you and the other poster for finally getting me to reach out. Thanks in advance to all the people that hopefully jump on this thread.

Reality is the reason most of us get high every day in the first place, if we’re being real. Every single person has a crutch of some kind this just happens to be mine. Don’t you ever just get tired of this life and the fucked up shit that comes with it? It doesn’t get better that’s the saddest part. That’s just some bullshit we say hoping to make things seem better. The reality is, this is as good as it gets. Just not many people willing to see the reality.

before it gets worse, it gets better first
same here
i take it as an afront. :)
but true none the less.
alwayd been a loner family was fucked from go. haha
its ok for me
i hate walking out of doors and mingling. once i am through and on the otherside of that door its usually ok havent been jumped on or shot yet, alas. yall please dont shoot at people that go to schools. leave the chiriin out of it. heard?
im walkin a lot im out un it for the most part maybe see a few of you about
wheres my tshirt/uniform?

lol
There’s nothing worth walking out for anymore, that’s the thing.