• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Opioids About to just send it

Bfox13

Greenlighter
Hey so quick question..
this morning I took half a subutex (spell check) and two hours later I was able to find a small amount of opiates. Did them and didn’t really feel much off it. Question is.. am I still able to take another half of a subutex right now and be okay? I know if it was normal suboxone and I did something I could take another sub but I’m not sure how subutex works without the nalaxone (spell check) in it. Thank you !

I'm sure you've already discovered this if you tried - but if you dose with Subutex, while any other opioids with a lower affinity than buprenorphine, are still bound to your receptors - it will kick them off your opioid receptors and cause precipitated withdrawals which can be pretty miserable.

The naloxone itself in Subxone, if taken correctly, is actually for the most part inactive as it's sublingual bioavailability is only 2 to 3 percent.

It is the buprenorphine itself that causes the precipitated withdrawals due to it's high affinity - in your case, it wouldn't matter if it was Suboxone or Subutex - both can send you into precipitated withdrawals if you dose too soon.

but in theory the small amount of opiates depending on what drug we're talking should have never made it on to your receptors because of that high binding affinity buprenorphine is so well known for.

I'm sure you've already discovered this if you tried - but if you dose with Subutex, while any other opioids with a lower affinity than buprenorphine, are still bound to your receptors - it will kick them off your opioid receptors and cause precipitated withdrawals which can be pretty miserable.

The naloxone itself in Subxone, if taken correctly, is actually for the most part inactive as it's sublingual bioavailability is only 2 to 3 percent.

It is the buprenorphine itself that causes the precipitated withdrawals due to it's high affinity - in your case, it wouldn't matter if it was Suboxone or Subutex - both can send you into precipitated withdrawals if you dose too soon.
Superb response well said 👊!!!!

but in theory the small amount of opiates depending on what drug we're talking should have never made it on to your receptors because of that high binding affinity buprenorphine is so well known for.

That really depends. The OP said half of a Subutex, so let's say it was an 8 mg Subutex. 4 mg of buprenorphine achieves a roughly 50 percent mu-opioid receptor blockade, leaving plenty of free receptors for another opioid to bind to.

That really depends. The OP said half of a Subutex, so let's say it was an 8 mg Subutex. 4 mg of buprenorphine achieves a roughly 50 percent mu-opioid receptor blockade, leaving plenty of free receptors for another opioid to bind to.
that's to assume 8 mg is taken daily by the op.

A lot of this depends on how tolerant you are to opiates and what your recent usage is.

A lot of this depends on how tolerant you are to opiates and what your recent usage is.

totally agree. it depends entirely on how full your receptors are of bupe. essentially the degree of withdrawal would only be relative to the degree of dependence and tolderance.

Just a quick one guys without a deep dive.

Always remember: Affinity and Potency are not the same thing!!!!