• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids About to go through OC 80 withdrawl. Wish me luck!

bathgate69

Greenlighter
Im still not quite sure why Im writing this, I guess its for a little support, possibly some pointers and home remedies, IDK? Ive been hooked on any opiate I can get my hands on really for quite sometime now, at least 3 years, I really cant remember. I never really had a problem with the percs or Vikes, but as soon as I started fucking around with OC and Roxi, I know knew what the pain of addiction was all about!

Im spending way too much money on this habit, and its not even enjoyable. I will occasionally take enough to get a nice sensation, but my tolerance is so high, I really have to take a lot. (2-3 OC80's OP's ofcourse, if it was the old style I could prob still get nice of of one) But for the most part, Im only medicating to beat my withdrawl, and I feel really shitty about my life. It is time to treat this head on, and beat it!

Ive weened myself down to 1 80 in 2 days, eating nibbles throughout the day, with periods of WD in between. Im thinking about purchasing some Loperimide after reading several entries in here. Lord knows Ill need something! Ive been taking 1-2 OC80 a day for a couple weeks now, and I know Im in for some pain. But its got to end. Ive got a decent job and lately I feel like all my money has been going to this. This is not living.

IDK I guess Im kind of anxious right now, kind of scared as well. Wish me luck people! Any advice or support would be helpful :)

hey good on u for tryin 2 make the change weenin is a good star i was on h and ms contin for about 4 years droped from 3 60mg a day 2 1 30 found more discomfor and sweats than pain i would go cold turky for 1 or2 days then take my tabs got more out of them and got used 2 withdrawles and if it got 2 much i would get a pak of panadine extra that helped abit only when ur tolerace is low enuff bigest hardest thing for me was the feal of the steal iv still have cravings for it but havnt used in 5 months i guess if u wanna do it ull make it all good luk u sound like ur doing it for thr right reasons.

Thanks man. And good for you as well. Yeah Im thankful I never main lined, it was tempting, I was around it all the time, but seeing how worse the WD was doing that way kept me far away, but no judgement bro, these were good friends of mine. Oh well, I stocked up on Loperamide just now from Walmart! lol 144 capsules for $9! Not bad if actually works. Ill have to wait and see, still havent started WD yet, but Im sure once I wakeup Ill be "crawling in my skin" and shivering like crazy. Thanks for the encouragement! I appreciate it

O yeah, whats penedine??? Last time I was WDing I used naproxen that i had left over from some hospital visit, and Ill tell ya, that took the bone aches away nicely. That was from methdone wd too. Bad stuff right there, methadone that is. That wd has got to be the worst!

yeah suboxone helped me ween off of heroin, I couldn't have done it without but people have come off of raw IV heroin habits without it so if you don't have access to it don't be deterred... I went to rehab and was put on a 6 day rapid detox. first day - 8 mg, second and third day, 4mg, fourth and fifth day 2mg, sixth day 1mg..... that was for IV heroin though you could do half of what I did each day for oxycontin but don't prolong it - my sister was on suboxone for 3 years (no idea why it's not necessary and weening down even that fast I felt no pain until I was cut completely off)

Another thing to look into is kratom, it's legal and f*ing great, I'm on probation so it's all I've been doing but I know people have used it to taper off of opiates and it makes sense it feels like a light percoset is the best I can describe it.. I would reccommend the bali strain in powder form, getting it online it costs me about $2 a dose

and if it at first you don't succeed don't give up and say well fuck it I didn't make it the first time so what's the use, that's many's downfall just do the best you can and good luck!!

*edit* - FYI kratom won't get you high.. it gets me high becasue I haven't had any other opiates in the last year - but it WILL help with your withdrawal a lot and after you get your tolerance down it can get you high.. I just didn't want you to order it, get mad it didn't do what I said and end up getting another 80 lol

Well done on making the change. Ive been trying to stop for th past 6 months but everytime I get a script from my doctor I say to my self this is the last script and I will use it to taper myself down but somehow I always end up failing but this week i finally did it after 4 years of being on Oxycodone everyday.

I was eating 5 X 20mg capules (100mg) of oxycodone instant realease and I didnt like where I was heading so i made a huge effort to just try and quit. What i do is wait until bedtime when and then take just 2x20mg (40mg) just to help me sleep and when i wake up i find myself with withdrawals but i just put up withit the whole day until bedtime again and take repeat the process. Ive been doing that for the past 6 days without fail but then today i felt really depressed at my shiity life and then boom i relapsed and took 100mg again but I am hoping its just one off slip up, Im not going to let it ruin all my hard work and tommorow i plan on continuing on with the 40mg for the rest of the week and then finally down to 20mg until i can quit. I wish you well with yours.

I wish you much luck-with the least amount of pain and drawn out time as possible. When I was at your spot(several times), it always felt like the trapdoor to hell was opened, and I knew I was in for a nightmare. But that is not what you want to hear as a sort of pep talk. My experiences were after a decades use of heroin, so u might be better off at this point-than I was. I truly hope the best for you<3.

Good luck. You'll be shocked to feel the world around you again at first but teach yourself to embrace it. Congratulations on making such a brave decision.

bathgate69, can you taper down with the OxyContin some more before stopping? I have had a lot of success with using oxycodone to wean off of heroin. I dropped 10mg of oxy every 2 days, and once I was down to 10mg I took it every other day for a week, and then stopped. You can still use some loperamide after that, but I wouldn't use it for anymore than 4 days if you already tapered with the oxy. If you don't taper any further with oxy, then you would need a little longer of a taper with the loperamide., but be careful because loperamide can cause some dependence on its own.

I know that most people suggest suboxone, methadone, or loperamide for tapering, but the only times that I have successfully quit in the last year have been by going cold turkey, or a quick oxy taper. If I am already a day into withdrawal, I would rather just get it over with since I'm already 1/4 of the way there, instead of taking suboxone then, and putting off getting clean even longer. The only time I used suboxone for quitting I just took 1 8mg pill in a single dose about 30+ hours after my last heroin dose, and it wasn't that bad. My habit was 120mg of oxycodone that time, so I guess thats moderate.

Now for bigger habits (300+ mg of oxy or 5+ bags of heroin a day) then suboxone or methadone tapering is more reasonable. I just feel like they complicate detoxes of smaller habits too much, so are better used for larger habits.

Last edited:
Well done on making the change. Ive been trying to stop for th past 6 months but everytime I get a script from my doctor I say to my self this is the last script and I will use it to taper myself down but somehow I always end up failing but this week i finally did it after 4 years of being on Oxycodone everyday.

I was eating 5 X 20mg capules (100mg) of oxycodone instant realease and I didnt like where I was heading so i made a huge effort to just try and quit. What i do is wait until bedtime when and then take just 2x20mg (40mg) just to help me sleep and when i wake up i find myself with withdrawals but i just put up withit the whole day until bedtime again and take repeat the process. Ive been doing that for the past 6 days without fail but then today i felt really depressed at my shiity life and then boom i relapsed and took 100mg again but I am hoping its just one off slip up, Im not going to let it ruin all my hard work and tommorow i plan on continuing on with the 40mg for the rest of the week and then finally down to 20mg until i can quit. I wish you well with yours.
its soo important to not get depressed if u fuckup once! best to look at it as a learning thing, relapse is part of the process of recovery, a big part. let it motivate u to do better next time. and also, if u fuckup once, pleasssee dont be like, well its already ruined so i might as well just fuckup some more- dont waste all ur hard work- if being clean is something u really want- you can do it :)!!

wishing u luck

Wow, thanks for all the support peeps. Good to know Im not alone. Yeah,fell asleep finally, woke up around 4p felling like shit of course, just as I planned, ate 26 mg of loperamide, after about an hr and a half it wasnt kicking in so I took another 16mg,and I think its starting to kick in. Hard to tell, I still feel kind of shitty but not terrible. When its all said and done I know I just gotta man the fuck up and get over this crap. Ive relapsed severall times already, let too many poeple down in the process. If I cant kickit this time, Im going to rehab, its that simple. This is my last trialof saying to myself, " I can do this onmy own" You feel me? I wish I could find a sub though. They work great! IDK alot of peeps with em, and to get a DR for it is mad dough around here. I think Ill be alright. Really hope this loperamide kicks in a little better. lol

I wish I could,but its just too easy for me to over medicate. Igotta keep em away dude!

I'm wishing you all the best, my man. It sounds like you know what you have to do, and you're determined to do it.

I would like to reiterate what has been said before: you might want to look into taking just a tiny, tiny bit of buprenorphine (suboxone), a crumb, even, whenever you feel like you need it if only to relieve some of your withdrawal symptoms. I've also been told that imodium (loperamide) can help...

Again, best of luck to you. :)

taper find your will power taking 40 mgs one day and 20 for another 2 and then ten will be 100 times better than just going cold turkey.. dont allow yourself to justify taking more

Hi! This is only my second post here and it might be in the wrong place.

I quit cold turkey (had to) from about 60 mg. Percoset a day from about 8 months ago. My last pills were Tuesday night (5 days ago). I haven't seemed to have much withdrawals at all besides headache and body aches now that I'm on Day 4. I've withdrawn from Lortab about 10 years ago (took 3 days) and also withdrawn from Klonopin when I saw a different doc and he just cut me off (that was WORSE). I've always heard that your shittiest days are between Days 1 and 4. I'm actually feeling pretty good right now in Day 4 withdrawals.

Is this unusual?

Hi! This is only my second post here and it might be in the wrong place.

I quit cold turkey (had to) from about 60 mg. Percoset a day from about 8 months ago. My last pills were Tuesday night (5 days ago). I haven't seemed to have much withdrawals at all besides headache and body aches now that I'm on Day 4. I've withdrawn from Lortab about 10 years ago (took 3 days) and also withdrawn from Klonopin when I saw a different doc and he just cut me off (that was WORSE). I've always heard that your shittiest days are between Days 1 and 4. I'm actually feeling pretty good right now in Day 4 withdrawals.

Is this unusual?

It can happen. I quit after 3 years of use of suboxone and heroin and didn't get any acute withdrawals after a taper. After about 7-10 days I got post acute WDs which were pretty horrible which sucked after I thought I was in the clear. 2.5 months later and i'm still feeling it(not bad though). There are just a bunch of factors based on you and what you were taking.