• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

About to go through FENTANYL withdrawal.

xanax is a great drug for w/d, when I was getting off opiates I was ok cept i had BAD axiety which was worse at night so a couple of bars and I was snoozing. . .ZzZz and wake up and feel like shit but has at least I got some comfertble sleep.. . . everyone says that the 3rd day is the worst because thats when every drop of opiate is out of your system but for me its the 4th :/ i just get bored and everything is boring and im am no where near tha cloud of opiate. . .just don't break. after a week though you'll be fine. STAY STRONG! its deff worth it....whether your stopped to end it for good or to stop and reduce tolorance or just to stop for whatever.

pm me chat wit me if u got no cash to get any other dugs we can chat b shit as im clucking for a few days here

trye, umm a search on magnesium for RLS.

I noticed you said thats your "pet peeve" wd symptom. I have heard magnesium (I think) pills almost completely alleviate this symptom.

Yeah if I were you I would get ahold of some more Xanax. That would be extremely helpful to you in your situation. Also, you should get some Immodium...this helps a ton for opiate w/d even though it is OTC, get some. You should be alright. Good luck!

I've excercised today, It's hard to get out of bed. But I find that the more you get out, if and when you can. The more it helps take your mind off it.

Although I have to say theres a period of time where you cant really do shit, including turning on the computer to say how your doing. Thank god I have every drug besides opiates to help me.

good luck to those currently detoxing!

those few days seem like a year, but once it's over everything is better. you can taste food, smell things that you didn't even know had a scent, and for me it also helps me cut down on smoking. the opiates increase my desire for nicotine. those of you who smoke know what i'm talking about.

anyways hang in there and you'll be good in no time!

so here we are. day 2...

I thought today would be really bad. but I feel better than yesterday. Though I laid in been from 8pm last night til 6pm tonight. I'm really feeling pretty normal while i'm laying in bed. Although my arm pits have been sweating like crazy? I don't know what that's about. Maybe just the opiates leaving my system? I'm hoping this Immodium isnt holding the w/ds from hitting me. (because i've seen on here that it is indeed an opiate) I would be pissed if I woke up tomorrow feeling like SHIT. Although I havent taken the Immododium since about 3am last night, for the fact that I thought it was holding off the w/ds because I honestly never felt THAT terrible yet. I'm just really lethargic today. And when I get out of bed and put clothes on and hang around the house, I get the chills like every 10 mins. Thats nothing though. I really want to fill up the bath and just lay in it...but I just feel really weak and don't feel like going through that process.

thelung - I dont want to get more xanax. I'm not trying to trade addictions here. I just use about 2mg a bit before bed along with a big swig of nyquil. The DXM in that stuff really helps get you comfortable and let's you sleep for a few hours.

smokeymcpot - you know, I was DREADING getting real bad RLS. Because just a mild case of it is absolutely terrible. For me anyways, I cannot stop moving. But I didnt get any symptoms of RLS...yet. Let's hope it stays that way.

so am i

i got my 15 patches last saturday and used my last one yesterday

holy shit...you used that many patches in less than a week and a half?

what do you do? smoke the gels? thats the only thing I can think of that someone would have a reason of consuming that much fent in such a short period of time?

Everything that everyone has said in response to this post is totally valid, however I just want to add that when I was withdrawing from heroin the WORST thing I did was smoke weed. Getting high while dopesick (for me) made EVERYTHING worse. It made my head feel like it was about to explode and magnified the bodily discomfort/aches tenfold. This is just my experience, but i've never found weed to help even a small ammount during opiate withdrawal.

Im a pretty regular weed smoker. and during the day while im in w/d I wont smoke..but ill wake up in the middle of the night with the sweats/chills...I take a few hits and roll around for 20 mins and the weed seems to take that symptom away for me. If it didnt ease any of my symptoms I wouldnt smoke at all during w/d.

good luck to those currently detoxing!

those few days seem like a year, but once it's over everything is better. you can taste food, smell things that you didn't even know had a scent, and for me it also helps me cut down on smoking. the opiates increase my desire for nicotine. those of you who smoke know what i'm talking about.

anyways hang in there and you'll be good in no time!

Im hoping to get my sex drive back. fentanyl completed depleted that urge for me.

The only time I seem to smoke weed these days is when high on opiates. Smoking weed in opiate withdrawal has never been very helpful for me.

Any answers on a replacement for clonidine? That's the only thing I don't have and can't seem to get. The hot/colds are the worst symptom for me and cramped feet. It's not RLS for me. It's my goddamned feet. They cramp up and I can't move them. They're like these bricks of pain that keep spasming and cyclobenzaprine seems to do nothing for them.

But anyway, OP, hope you're doing well, and maybe someone can suggest something to replace clonidine? Back to OP, your w/d seems to be going well. MNaybe you have a fast metabolism and you're moving though it quickly? I hope you feel normal soon...

Hey guys :) Day 3 here. I slept like shit last night. but I think it's just because all i've been doing is taking little cat-naps here and there. other than that...I feel pretty much normal. This is awesome :] I heard day 3 & 4 are suppose to be the worst, but I seem to be over the majority of the w/ds. Only thing i'm noticing is i'm a bit sweaty. Especially under the arms. Even when i'm just laying in bed, my armpits sweat like crazy. (that's how I use to know I needed another dose, is when I started to sweat) - Does anybody know why opiates keep you from sweating?

Anyways. I just took a shower/bath for the first time in 4 days. It felt amazing. I had to drag myself out of bed to get in there, but i'm glad I did - it made me feel tons better. I also feel my appetite coming back. I'm going to take it easy with some oatmeal or something. Last night I tried eating chicken fingers, and almost instantly puked. I had to spit the chicken out. But I ate about 10 french fries..and that's all i've had to eat in 4 days. I been meaning to jump on the scale and see how much weight I lost. I'm afraid i'm going to start packing on the pounds now that i'm off the fent. My buddy that just recently got off said he gained about 15-20lbs within 3 months.

well i'm glad this is pretty much over. First day was the worst for me, and it wasn't even that bad at all. Having a bad flu was worse than what I went through. I don't know why it was so mild for me. Maybe it's because I tapered down 30 days before jumping off. I really was expecting the worst with each passing day, but I only felt better and better as the days rolled on. Just laying in bed all day fucking SUCKS though. The day goes by sooo slow. Anyways - goodluck to everyone detoxing and stick with it. I promise you'll feel like a million bucks within a week and opiates won't rule your everyday life any longer.

I've excercised today, It's hard to get out of bed. But I find that the more you get out, if and when you can. The more it helps take your mind off it.

So true. Working out is the BEST thing you can do to help withdraw. While it IS incredibly hard to get the mental drive to make yourself do anything while withdrawing, it is well worth the massive effort to strength train. And there is a reason why: When you work out your muscles, they get damaged. When your muscles are damaged, your body releases endorphines to block the pain. Endorphines are *very* similar to opiates; in fact, that's how opiates work: They bind to receptor sites that were intended for endorphines, and thereby induce their wonderful effect. Your own endorphines work in much the same way. This is why athletes experience intense euphoria after a particularly grueling session: Their brain floods their body with endorphines, and they bond to all of the same sites.

If you can work up the drive to do it, I *HIGHLY* recommend that you give yourself a solid 30-45 minutes of strength training. You will sleep better, be more comfortable, and generally make your detox much more bearable.

The best thing I have ever used for WD is Immodium and exercise. I know that exercising is the absolute LAST thing anyone would want to do while in WD it really seems to help the symptoms for me, and it also seems to shorten the duration. Just make sure you take the Immodium about an hour or two BEFORE you go to the gym so you don't shit yourself on the treadmill.

Hey guys :) Day 3 here. I slept like shit last night. but I think it's just because all i've been doing is taking little cat-naps here and there. other than that...I feel pretty much normal. This is awesome :] I heard day 3 & 4 are suppose to be the worst, but I seem to be over the majority of the w/ds. Only thing i'm noticing is i'm a bit sweaty. Especially under the arms. Even when i'm just laying in bed, my armpits sweat like crazy. (that's how I use to know I needed another dose, is when I started to sweat) - Does anybody know why opiates keep you from sweating?

opiates are water retentive, meaning the fluids accumulate in your circulatory system or within the bodies cavities and tissue.

i've recently just switched off fentanyl after being on it around 4 months or so and during times of withdrawal they were a lot more acute than any other opiate i've come off. the good(probably not the best word) thing is the worst of it is over a lot quicker than something like morphine or heroin because the half-life of fentanyl is extremely short, it flushes out of your body quicker than most other opiates. by day 4 i was over the physical side of things and was left to deal with PAWS; post acute withdrawal symtpons - depression, cravings, anxiety, all those lovely things. you may want to read about it if you havent.

Anyways. I just took a shower/bath for the first time in 4 days. It felt amazing. I had to drag myself out of bed to get in there, but i'm glad I did - it made me feel tons better. I also feel my appetite coming back. I'm going to take it easy with some oatmeal or something. Last night I tried eating chicken fingers, and almost instantly puked. I had to spit the chicken out. But I ate about 10 french fries..and that's all i've had to eat in 4 days. I been meaning to jump on the scale and see how much weight I lost. I'm afraid i'm going to start packing on the pounds now that i'm off the fent. My buddy that just recently got off said he gained about 15-20lbs within 3 months.

ugh, i couldnt bear not to shower for 4 day, i feel filthy after a couple of hours once the wd's have set it. i tend to sweat a little more than most people and once im in wd it gets pretty bad so i like to shower at least twice a day, sometimes more. keeps me feeling fresh and in a better mood overall rather than feeling filthy, i hate feeling filthy. i know it's hard to eat but you should buy yourself some fresh fruit and even some multi-vitamins just to snack on through the day. something like grapes, apples, oranges, any kind of sweet fruit. my diet consists mainly of fruit, muesli, wheat and light pasta meals with some small portions of meat when i think i can bear it. your immune system is a lot more susceptible of falling sick through wd's so look after yourself. and water, lots of water. keep yourself hydrated at all time.

don't worry about gaining weight, you'll probably need to initially. your body will thank you for it.

well i'm glad this is pretty much over. First day was the worst for me, and it wasn't even that bad at all. Having a bad flu was worse than what I went through. I don't know why it was so mild for me. Maybe it's because I tapered down 30 days before jumping off. I really was expecting the worst with each passing day, but I only felt better and better as the days rolled on. Just laying in bed all day fucking SUCKS though. The day goes by sooo slow. Anyways - goodluck to everyone detoxing and stick with it. I promise you'll feel like a million bucks within a week and opiates won't rule your everyday life any longer.

good luck with keeping clean:) keep yourself busy and occupied, find some new hobbies or take up some old ones. start study, look for work. just keep your body and mind occupied and you'll find your thoughts of wanting to use with start to dwindle as time goes on. things will get easier over time, dont expect a miracle straight away.

You are doing a really good job! You are almost there so don't give up! I admire your courage and what you're doing, it takes a real man to realize he has a problem with opiates and stop using them....because opiates (in my opinion) make you feel so incredibly out-of-this-world good. Great job! Keep it up! PM or email me if you need to, don't hesitate.

How to get off the Fentanyl Patch

I am coming off the patch right now. I was put on it for legit purposes and have been for a little over a year. Found out I was addicted when I tried to stop by my self. What really pisses me off is that the doctor that put me on it and I have seeing for 30 years didn't know how to go about getting me off and sent me to a Pain Management Dr. So.... be able to buy the drugs you need to do this on line or go to a pain management dr. The doctor calculated out an equal amount of Percocet, gave me a script for the Percocet 5-325mg, Ambian 10mg, and Cymbalta 60mg. Enought of everything for 1 month. I already had a scrip for Xanax XR which I take regular every day anyway. Over the month I keep reducing the Percocet and Ambian according to how I am feeling. Everything is going fine except I am having a bad case of restless leg syndrone. I don't understand why because Percocet is a fix for that condition also. Maybe it's just my system. I just compensate with extra Xanax XR. If I had only known then what I know now I would have shoved the Patch up my doctor's ass when he suggested it. Good luck, I wish you all well....!

I too have heard horror stories involving Fentanyl. One homeless guy I know with Hep B and C and liver cancer was put on 100mcg/hr for legit purposes, for a fair while (6+ months), then when he said to his doctor he thought the pain wasn't so bad anymore, he took him straight off the patch with nothing to ease the symptoms, no taper or anything. He said it was the worst W/D he's ever been through (being an heroin IV addict, oramorph and more for many years, this is a strong statement!)

The only good thing about it was this doctor is a private one who charges £350 per hour or session, but by meeting him in church and telling him his story he did it all for free.