• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

About Meth.vs.Amphetamine

Plauge bearer: u r talking about PPA or phenylpropanol amine.
If i am not mistaken this chemical is also fairly difficult to acquire mainly because i think it might have greater stimulant effects than pseudoephedrine.
Just as ephedrine is impossible to get in Australia, i think PPA is the same.
It used to be used in diet pills.
I doubt very much anyone is turning PPA into ordinary amphetamine coz if they can get PPA they can probably get pseudoephedrine and obviously meth is the more desired product.
Incidentally 4-MAR is made from PPA.

norephedrine = Phenylpropanol amine = 2-amino-1-phenylpropan-1-ol
same shit, different name.

It is available in health food shops and online pharmacies. No problems with how much you buy, unlike with pseudo.

I must say that does surprise me.
Well then why isnt there more 4-MAR?
Making 4-MAR from PPA is even EASIER than the almost fool proof pseudo --> meth reaction and the other main chemical required (which will remain nameless) whilst unlikely found outside a chem lab, has nowhere near the alarm bells of red phosphorus.
Sorry this has slightly diverted from the original topic, although it is Plauge Bearers thread.

I found this:
CND Dec.43/1. Inclusion of norephedrine in Table I of the United Nations Convention against Illicit Traffic in Narcotic Drugs and Psychotropic Substances of 1988*
At its 1184th meeting, on 7 March 2000, the Commission on Narcotic Drugs, on the recommendation of the International Narcotics Control Board, decided by 39 votes to none, with no abstentions, to include norephedrine, including its salts and optical isomers, in Table I of the United Nations Convention against Illicit Traffic in Narcotic Drugs and Psychotropic Substances of 1988.32
I think u'll find u can only get it in weird dietary supplements with a lot of other ingredients. If thats not the case and it is available by itself, dont look for it to remain that way it seems.
[ 08 January 2002: Message edited by: Biscuit ]

OK iv'e said some very stupid shit on this subject>But after a little research and ignoring various people and there stupid idea's,i've come to tha conclusion that it would be stupid to make plain amphetamines when its easier to do a simple I/E/rP or birch reduction of various OTC thingamajings to make Meth.
I love learning :)
Cheers ;)

Purchasing tablets containing norephedrine can be done in bulk, yes there are many more ingredients in there, more than in pseudofed. However norephedrine could easily be extracted in much the same way pseudo is from pfed.
Therefore I would guess they are at around the same difficulty and it WOULD make to sense to make Meth. However the enormous variety in quality has led me to believe there is more than just meth out there.
I suggest therefore that rock which has been pure 'product' but isn't NEARLY as strong as, for example the 'meth' I sampled on NYE, may be a combination of l-methamphetamine and d-methamphetamine. Or it could be DMA or even Methcathinone if someone was really stupid.
I'm still puzzled as to how some pure crystal-like rock (which is sold to me as regular 'speed') can be like baby food compared to crystally powder which is sold to me as 'meth'.

Mr Horse I was rather surprised at your comments regarding popper's synth descriptions, although I admit I never actually saw the post before editing. I know this is not the Hive, but it would hardly be worth going there if you didn’t know most of this stuff already.
Poppers statement about misinformation is very relevant. How many people think after hearing it stated on JJJ, that PMA is usually made as a side reaction product of MDMA?
Effective harm minimisation to me is achieved by having a broad knowledge of the drug you intend to take. Understanding the manufacturing procedure does not imply for one minute that you intend to make it. It does however allow you to evaluate the pros and cons of using it, with a much greater insight into the substance e.g. knowing how likely is it that something other than your desired product may be in your gram.
The synthesis of methylamphetamine from pseudo is a fairly simple procedure, although it doesn’t mean it can’t be done incorrectly. Much of the meth made in Australia uses compounds other than RP in the production of the halo acid. These may in turn be made from other reactants, introducing possible variables such as side reaction products or solvent contamination at each step. This reduction can also produce aldol condensation products, which is somewhat surprising as this reaction is not expected from the usual conditions employed in pseudo reduction.
http://rhodium.ws/chemistry/meth.impurities.html
http://rhodium.ws/chemistry/meth.forensic.html (this one is heavy reading but worth a look)
http://www.undcp.org/bulletin/bulletin_1981-01-01_3_page005.html
I believe most amphetamine in Australia was once sourced mainly from diverted prescriptions for ADD etc. Dex is simply the dextrorotatory form - as mentioned - the active isomer. While much may now come from Asia, I’ll bet Dex, or its relative methylphenidate (Ritalin) still remains a consistent and pure source of “up-stuff” for many.
Plague_ Bearer the reason pure rock or concentrate gets like baby food is that methylamphetamine salts are hygroscopic, and thus will attract moisture and go gooey. Sulphate salts I think are less prone to this than the hydrochloride. Your crystal is probably less pure and so does not absorb so much so quickly.
A hygroscopic material (literally "water seeking") is one that readily absorbs water (usually from the atmosphere). In most cases, the water can be removed from the material by heating (sometimes under vacuum or under a flow of dry gas such as nitrogen).
For a more complete story:
http://www.rotronic-usa.com/v2/products/aw/aw_define.htm
A major deterrent that comes from understanding the chemistry of drugs is that you realize any production in the hands of novices, means there is much that can go wrong.
What chemistry qualifications does your cook have? Most meth cooks I’ve heard of follow a recipe, and are unaware of most if not all of the chemistry going on. - the ‘little bit of this and a little bit of that’ philosophy - And many don’t even know what an acid / base extraction is, although they are performing such.
Don’t wish to flame your good work Mr H, but I see chemistry as an integral part of harm minimisation education, as is physiology and pharmacology. If people were more aware of drug chemistry, it could only help to reduce the degree of contaminants in street product (people won’t buy shit if there’s an option). And it will definitely make you think more about your source.
Chemistry should not be a taboo subject, but part of the whole truth about drugs. Bluelight is after all about complete education isn’t it?
Of course I don’t wish to imply that this board should allow the posting of sources for prohibited products, and other obviously out of place discussions.
Just know the drug……as completely as you can :)

No way would AuZ's amphetamine supply once have come from mainly diverted scripts.
In a edit:100 tablet bottle of dexampheatmine there is only edit:500mg of wizz.
Now think of how many bottles you'd need to feed even half of AUZ's amphetamine habit - if it were a major supply source as you said.
Dexies aren't a common prescription. They monitor the number of times you come and try to get the script filled closely. If you come to soon you are turned away.
[ 10 January 2002: Message edited by: popper ]
[ 10 January 2002: Message edited by: popper ]
[ 13 January 2002: Message edited by: popper ]

Im sorry but i think this is fucked that your(bluelight etc)are allowing people to mention the h**e and rhodium's site.As far as i know the h**e has specifically asked not to be mentioned on bluelight.As for mentioning rhodium's site,you may as wel;l be telling people how to make meth!! :(

I agree there’s no way such small amounts could be the sole source for a heavy user. But 2.5 points aint bad on a night out for someone without a regular intake [edit: it could in fact be quite dangerous, and definitely not recommended - thanks SirLSD]
Besides 5 & 10mg tablets, dexedrine sulphate was also sold as 5, 10 and 15mg slow release capsules, and in an official elixir of 1mg/ml concentration.
From what I have read, amphetamines (not meth) were still quite widely prescribed in Aus until around the mid seventies.
From Goodman and Gilman’s, “The Pharmacological Basis of Therapeutics”, 1980
"Dextroamphetamine with greater CNS activity....to amphetamine (ed. racemic); is used in obesity, narcolepsy, hyperkinetic syndrome in children, parkinsonism, behavior disorders and absence seizures"
I think hyperkinetic syndrome is what they now term ADD or ADHD.
Things have changed and you are right popper. Not only are prescriptions tightly monitored, but the range of complaints for which Dex or Ritalin is prescribed for is also small. Nevertheless, I know of people who have had a night out at the expense of their child’s medication.
I don’t mean to imply the whole “amphetamine” market was supplied from this source. Meth has always been around, and most serious speed users would naturally source the illicit product. What I meant was, 25 years or so ago most amphetamine – not meth – would have been sourced via prescription. That is not to say most speed users were using Dex. But the ones that were, probably sourced it through legal origins, as it is unlikely much would have been made illegally.
Reason: P2P and other commonly known precursors of the time were regulated or watched long before pseudo was. So it is reasonable to assume little amphetamine would have been made. And 250mg of dex = 500mg of racemic amphetamine from P2P. Meth on the other hand - being the preferred substance - would have been simple. Everything was easily available; the correct isomer was the only product, there was no amine to worry about, and up until recently you could buy all sorts of chemicals off the shelf in Australia!
Sorry if I over glamorized the occasional user but you may be surprised at how many straight people, knowing no connection to illicit sources, have resorted to this means as a way of having their first amphetamine experience.
[ 11 January 2002: Message edited by: phase_dancer ]

point of order:
the hive have asked us to not publish there site address which, as far as i can tell, no one has. rhodium is a different site, altho it is closely related to the hive.
i can't see anything wrong with linking to rhodiums pages in a serious discussion such as this. it makes a pleasant change to read something here above the level of "w0t did y0u think 0f those sik blue fish?"

I would say 'they wuz sik m8' and then make my gf ride in the back seat of the car on my way to chapel st to by designer addidas gear.
I agree with jb, its nice to see some serious discussion with links. I sure some of the casual browsers are deflected because some of the posts are longer than 100 words each and contain stuff they don't understand therefore must not be important.

phase dancer...
im a little concerned how u suggested an inexperienced user taking 50 dexies as a single dose being not a bad night out. i would describe it as an excessive dose with potentially dangerous consequences, especially as dexies are sometimes experimented with by very yound and inexperienced people .could you consider editing it a little for the sake of safety?
also 10mg dex, and dexedrine isnt available in oz.
and dex comes in bottles of 100.
SirLSD

Done. SirLSD, thanks for pointing that out.
I wasn’t aware Dex wasn’t available in Aus. According to this it was still available last November in Qld. (last update)
http://library.ipswich.qld.gov.au/ref/topical4.htm
I’d better get an up to date MIMs reference.
250mg is a large single night dose for an experienced, occasional or even a low dose chronic user. I don’t recommend anyone take any amount of any drug, especially speed. Apologies everyone.

:)
the link within the link u give is to an international site. only 5mg tablets in bottles of 100 are available in oz.