• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc about dxm metabolism

cyp123

Greenlighter
does a high drug metabolism, or excessive levels of P450 enzymes, increase the effects of dxm? or do they decrease the effects of dxm? does anyone know, or have experience with this?

Dextromethorphan, the molecule, does plenty of stuff to your brain all by itself. It's an SNRI like a lot of anti-depressants. People who concentrate and abuse it are usually after the NMDA receptor antagonism, which is about ten times stronger with the metabolite dextrorphan.

So yes, you need a functioning CPY2D6 to convert DXM to dextrorphan. In that sense, it's a bit like codeine, which requires CYP2D6 to convert it into morphine.

Like with codeine, if you find you aren't getting "high" enough with your dextromethorphan, chances are you're also taking other drugs or foods that are interfering with this liver enzyme, maybe even on purpose because you think you have a "high drug metabolism".

Since DXM often comes with other cold medicine, I'd make sure you aren't also getting a lot of antihistamine, which could slow the conversion a bit.

Yeah... get DXM on its own if at all possible. I got the one with the expectorant in it, read online with people saying it is generally tolerable and I was only aiming for low 2nd plateau (first time). Experience was awesome until the main high started wearing off, then it was two days of feeling like compete dogshit and pissing red water out of my ass (not blood, from the sorbitol). Didn't get nauseous though.

Don't see how sorbitol would have a red color to it. Excess sorbitol would just give you the shits, tbh.

Oh, I see you were pissing from your ASS; that's not something I learned in gym class. Still probably not the red part, that's probably FD&C Red #34 or something.