R E L A T I O N S H I P S

❤️ Welcome Guest! ❤️

Posting Guidelines Bluelight Rules
  • SLR Moderators: axe battler | xtcgrrrl | arrall

About 5 years now and I'm feeling pretty bummed today

rollsolo

Bluelighter
Hey all,

So I was editing photographs I shot recently and was sorting through prints and came across images my ex-fiancé. All these thoughts of the past began to drive into my frontal loab causing my emotions to throw curve balls and focus on my work I was doing. I began to think about if I had made the right decision again about not marrying her. We used to be in love, I've dated her when I was 21 until I was 26 and then proposed. After that we moved in and things went into a downward spiral. I don't need to go into full detail about this but I think I had one of those "you don't know what you have until it's gone." moments. While realizing all the good and bad, I think I'm also feeling this way because I've been single for a year and a half now. My sister told me last year that my ex-Fiancé got engaged to a man she was dating for a short time it seems. While I'm happy for her It burns inside to think about how I could have been her prince charming. I believe I was jumping over hurdles and just stopped running. I fell out of love with her. I couldn't pretend to love her and marry her. It would have been wrong. What I did was call off our wedding plans, and broke up with her. It was a very rough breakup but I had to do it.

Looking back I can say I am content where I am in my life. I appreciate all the time spent with her and the other relationships I've had with women. I've learned from everyone of them. I can honestly say that the next women who wants to be the first lady has to be a strong individual to be with me and my creative pursuits. I will be able to love that lady unconditionally and give he my heart because I've learned to love who I am after being on my own for almost two years, traveling solo, and meeting amazing individuals along the way. We're all on the path to mastery and deal with inhibitions on a daily basis. Persistence and believing is everything to me. It's what keeps me going. I think life is based on relationships and no one is meant to be along. One day I will meet my significant other, we may at the time be living in parallel universes, that at some point will converge. To life, because life makes life good for life - Cheers D

every relationship i've had has made a mark on me. and it'll cause pain to think about them sometimes but that's life, baby!

you did the right thing by not marrying her. if you had, you'd probably be miserable.

sure you don't realise what you had until it's gone....but if it fucking came back you'd quickly remember how shit it was in the first place.

and remember you're only 26!

I feel like I am in a very similar position to you (25/26 yrs old been together for 4+ years) except I haven't proposed yet and we have lived together for 5 years (been dating for 6). But things have rapidly been changing and I does not feel right. We're going our separate ways already, and we both feel it. Everyone thinks we are going to end up getting married but I know we need part ways sooner than later. But when?...I can already foresee the scenario you are in, looking back, what is right? was it wrong?

I like that last part - to life, because life makes life good for life. Thanks for that.