• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Meth About 3 days of meth use, rapid weight gain

The reason I ask is because if the methamphetamine is causing you to retain that much water, and you have low sodium to begin with, that could be very concerning.
I reduced years ago, but still use one a weekish. And yeah, I'm an alcoholic, but I don't drink when I use. But yeah, I'm sure both add to it. But everything went back to normal a few days later anyways. Ty for answering tho.

most doctors think they know everything

but then when you ask them what's wrong, they shrug their shoulders

cmon

Hey, so I've been smoking meth for about 3 days now, and noticed that I gained quite a bit of weight in those 3 days.
I've only been consuming salt water ( for electrolytes, which I very much need), bananas, and about half a cup of tofu with lots of soy sauce.

Before that, I was actually I was maybe too thin? Bones showing more than usual. I have bulimia, so slight weight fluctuations are the norm.
3 days later, I must have put on about 10 pounds. Clothes don't fit, so much flab you can grad everywhere. Not in my imagination either. I look huge, bigger than I've been in like 10 years.

What the hell happened here?!

Anyone got any thoughts as to why this happened? I've ever exercised a bit, which I don't normally do, but it is definitely not muscle.
I look drastically different.

Thoughts? Please?
Your experience sounds quite distressing and confusing, especially considering the context and the rapid changes you've observed in your body. Several factors could be contributing to the sudden weight gain you're describing, even within a short period like three days. Understanding these might help in addressing your concerns and taking steps toward healthier choices.

Methamphetamine Use and Its Effects​

Methamphetamine use typically suppresses appetite and can lead to weight loss, which is contrary to the weight gain you're experiencing. However, the drug's impact on the body is complex and can affect individuals differently based on a range of factors including metabolism, overall health, and the presence of other conditions such as bulimia.

Fluid Retention​

A significant and rapid weight gain over a few days is more likely to be due to fluid retention rather than fat gain. Consuming high amounts of salt, as you mentioned with saltwater and soy sauce, can lead to water retention. Methamphetamine use can also dehydrate the body, leading to a compensatory retention of fluid when you do drink water or consume foods high in water content, like bananas.

Bulimia and Metabolic Changes​

Having bulimia can significantly affect your metabolism and how your body processes food and retains fluids. If your eating patterns have recently changed, this could also impact your weight. Bulimia is associated with electrolyte imbalances and metabolic disturbances, which can be exacerbated by drug use and changes in diet.

What You Can Do​

1. Seek Professional Help: It's crucial to address both your methamphetamine use and bulimia with professional healthcare providers. These issues can have serious health consequences, and a healthcare professional can offer the most appropriate treatment and support.
  2. Hydration and Diet: Consider moderating your intake of high-sodium foods and drinks. Drinking plain water and eating a balanced diet might help reduce rapid fluid fluctuations. However, any dietary changes should be discussed with a healthcare provider, especially considering your history of bulimia.
  3. Monitoring Changes: Keep track of your weight, but also how you're feeling overall. Sudden changes in weight, mood, or physical health should be reported to a healthcare provider.
  4. Support Networks: Connecting with support groups or communities for individuals recovering from substance use and eating disorders can provide additional support and guidance.
It's important to remember that recovery and healing are possible with the right support and treatment. Your health and well-being are important, and there are resources and people ready to help you through this.

if you didn't do meth for 3 days, you would've maybe gotten fatter

i knew of a fat tweeker

he looked gross

he said he wanted to kick my ass - never to me but to my ex-girlfriend

and i saw him at the post office, struggling tryin to put some tape around a box....i looked right at him - not sure if he knew it was me or what

he looked sweaty and fat

but yea he's dead now - endocarditis i think - died in his 40s

ux9s7C4.gif