• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Meth About 3 days of meth use, rapid weight gain

partingof

Bluelighter
Hey, so I've been smoking meth for about 3 days now, and noticed that I gained quite a bit of weight in those 3 days.
I've only been consuming salt water ( for electrolytes, which I very much need), bananas, and about half a cup of tofu with lots of soy sauce.

Before that, I was actually I was maybe too thin? Bones showing more than usual. I have bulimia, so slight weight fluctuations are the norm.
3 days later, I must have put on about 10 pounds. Clothes don't fit, so much flab you can grad everywhere. Not in my imagination either. I look huge, bigger than I've been in like 10 years.

What the hell happened here?!

Anyone got any thoughts as to why this happened? I've ever exercised a bit, which I don't normally do, but it is definitely not muscle.
I look drastically different.

Thoughts? Please?

Meth can cause edema (water retention). So can high salt intake. If you haven't eaten food that's probably the only explanation, other than some other potential organ issues.

Just my guess.

Meth is very hard on the body with limited food intake. Take care ❤️

Hey, so I've been smoking meth for about 3 days now, and noticed that I gained quite a bit of weight in those 3 days.
I've only been consuming salt water ( for electrolytes, which I very much need), bananas, and about half a cup of tofu with lots of soy sauce.

Before that, I was actually I was maybe too thin? Bones showing more than usual. I have bulimia, so slight weight fluctuations are the norm.
3 days later, I must have put on about 10 pounds. Clothes don't fit, so much flab you can grad everywhere. Not in my imagination either. I look huge, bigger than I've been in like 10 years.

Anyone got any thoughts as to why this happened? I've ever exercised a bit, which I don't normally do, but it is definitely not muscle.

Thoughts? Please?
Your kidneys are retaining the water, and probably leeching salt. You probably haven't been peeing very much. 10 lb is 1 gallon 1. Quart and 1 cup.

I'm glad that you added salt to the water cuz you could easily have died from hyponatremia retaining that much water.

An adverse reaction from too much MDMA that's called "Inappropriate antidiuretic hormone secretion"

So your kidneys leech salt but retain water is the generalization? There's a few more specific things that happen but.

MDMA has been identified as a cause of the syndrome as has methamphetamine in certain people.

Meth can cause edema (water retention). So can high salt intake. If you haven't eaten food that's probably the only explanation, other than some other potential organ issues.

Just my guess.

Meth is very hard on the body with limited food intake. Take care ❤️
Because it causes inappropriate secretion of antidiuretic hormone.

Most tweakers don't realize it because they don't hydrate while they're on a binge.

If it is SIADH, as I suspect it is, she's lucky she drank the salt.

An easy way to determine is was she urinating 6 to 7 times a day and if the answer is no then it's probably SIADH.

Thoughts? Please?
Have you been peeing regularly? And by regularly I mean a normal amount of urine six to seven times a day.

If not, It's probably SIADH. That is the syndrome of inappropriate antidiuretic hormone secretion.

Basically, meth makes you your body secrete antidiuretic hormone which makes it difficult for you to urinate and also leech salt and keep water.

It's the reason people die from hyponatremia when they take MDMA.

It also happens when you take methamphetamine.

It's also one of the reasons your urine looks so dark when you're binging on meth.

Another reason most people don't suffer from this condition is because they are concurrently using alcohol with methamphetamine.

Alcohol severely limits the secretion of anti-diuretic hormone, so it counteracts the effects of the methamphetamine.

Just think, you have a shot or two of alcohol and then all of a sudden you have to take a really mean piss.

That's how it works folks.

Thoughts? Please?
You may well also have been suffering from chronic dehydration.

So hydrating and antidiuretic hormone together all of a sudden. You're a good 10 pounds heavier then you have been.

If you feel like experimenting, have a shot or two of alcohol and I bet in about 30 minutes maybe even less you'll have to go to the bathroom pretty seriously.

It's actually common. People just don't realize it because common with respect to sequelae of drug use is moderately rare for their average person.

I'm more interested in seeing how "drastically different" he looks

It's like the smack my bitch up video
But seriously, 10 lb of added water weight when you were dehydrated is a major difference. Difference. Just look at 10 lb on a fighter. You can see some before and after pictures. It's astonishing.

But seriously, 10 lb of added water weight when you were dehydrated is a major difference. Difference. Just look at 10 lb on a fighter. You can see some before and after pictures. It's astonishing.
I store 10lbs of water in my gut from one night of drinking

I hear ya

Every time I've done meth for 3 days, id lose 10 lbs and you could see it