• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Ability for benzos, specifically diazepam to stop a bad trip.

opi8

Bluelighter
I was under the impression that having a benzo in hand, either valium or xanax, could help end a bad trip, specifically LSD.

This was disputed to me when I was discussing it with others recently, am I wrong, completely? They said something like it may slightly help, but won't stop the bad trip. Can someone please give me some ammo to return fire, or shoot me down like I deserve?

I've heard many times that benzos would end a bad trip but I've never found it to be the case. Seroquel on the other hand ended a trip when I had a mental break on mushrooms.

Benzos will (in my experience) generally remove some of the discomfort and anxiety but will not stop hallucinations or end the trip.

I had a nasty experience with accidentally ingesting an unknown psychedelic of some kind a few weeks back...what I thought was MDMA was actually something else. Due to anxiety problems, these days I do not enjoy psychedelic substances that make you "trip" in the traditional sense such as LSD, 2C-B etc and I ingested twice the amount that my friends had, all experienced trippers, that had them quite off their head.

I was initially planning to ride it out but felt like thing were going to get pretty horrible, so had:

5mg Olanzapine which is an antipsychotic (no tolerance)
20mg Temazepam which is a benzo (no tolerance)

...and that killed the trip and knocked me out within an hour or so.

So if you think you may freak out it's best to have an anti-psychotic on hand.

alprazolam (xanax) ime is the best for this situation, it will dull shit right down.

diazepam (valium) will also work though it is not as fast acting or as potent.

pretty much any benzo will help calm someone down and put them to sleep.

i can remember jakeperson speaking highly of the combination of benzos and lsd. jake was also a fan of seroquel as re-distributed suggested. iv never had that stuff though.

i too used to enjoy pipe, lsd, and xanax combination, you get get super fucking high but are seemingly at ease and in control.

long story short you are right mate.

Sorry to say it but fuck all, unless injected or PR (per rectum) administration, even then you will still be getting visuals etc. just feeling less anxious and you will have reduced both cardiac stroke volume (pressure of the blood exiting your heart) and any tachycardia (fast heart rate) experienced. Same route of administration as you would do for a seizure because diaz takes 3 hours to reach maximum plasma concentration and then around another 30 to be excreated/eliminated from the body. Xanax or Lorazepam say 2mgs of eigther sublingual is way more effective than oral or sublingual diaz and will reduce anxiety/aggitation in 15-30 minutes. Some anti psychotics are very effective but may have adverse effects on your cardiovascular system or liver/kidneys etc. I think a small dose of Seroquel (Quintiapine) say 25-50 mgs should be ok, I've taken that kind of dose for a 30mg 2c-i trip that had become a little overwhelming. I often take Mirtazapine 30 mgs to reduce the effect of psychedelics. It has both an SSRI component thought to have a palliative (reduces/kills) effect on psychoactive substances and a anxiolytic effect (reduces anxiety). For some reason Clonazepam does reduce both anxiety and some of the tactile/visual stimulation psychedelics cause, for me at least.

Benzo's are great for reducing anxiety, heart rate and stroke volume all of which are essential if you think your going to have cardiac issues (and probably should not take drugs that raise heart rate and bp) or notice the following: "shit my right eye's pupil is massive and my lefts normal size. My right does not get smaller when light shines in it but the left reacts as normal... fuck my head hurts and I feel dizzy." Possibly you may have raised intercranial pressure and may stroke, pass out unconcious or simply cone after going unconscious. (coneing is basically when their is so much pressure in the brain from trauma/stroke/bleed etc that the brainstem and brain are forced into your chest cavity via your neck and spinal column, nice!) That said it usually only occurs as a result of massive trauma such as MVA not taking a dose of psychedelic drugs.... however raised intercranial pressure is an issue if the substance is highly vasoconstrictive and increases heart rate, stroke volume etc. for example MDPV. May cause a stroke. Know what your taking, what your safe dose level is, for example most people take 25-30 mgs Allyescaline, while I find 15 mgs gives me a nice mild experience and I'm not overwhelmed by any visual hallucinations just CEV. If you need to have an abort button for every psychedelic experience perhaps a lower dose or the drug itself may cause you adverse effects. I can't take Tramal, gives me the shakes all over, other people can without any adverse effects. You may find some psychedelic drugs are great but others you don't react as well too, it's all about an individual users pharmacodynamics in vitro ie: how the drug effects different parts of the body and brain in one person may be slightly different to the next person etc. A bad trip is eigther an overdose, the chemistry in the clandestine LSD is dodgy or your own mental state, setting etc was not right when you took the trip. I've done... fuck knows? I ate that much LSD a few years back I got no effect from taking 4 trips (cupids??) spaced over 2 hours. I'd also had 2 days without using LSD (or anyother psychedelic drug for that matter).... not even close to the amout of time your body needs to recover from sustained week long LSD tripping binge of 4-5 trips every day for a week. I would not recommend this as a method to stop a bad trip as you would have already had 7 or so days of tripping out of your mind :)! On a night out in my early 20's if I decided to do acid I'd pop 4-5 trips per night (night owls, love ohms, dragons, superman etc.) Really fries you the next day though. Also bad idea when you have just broken up with your significant other half... might end up bawling your eye's out about it to a complete random who is too scared/bewildered to do anything but look about for help while saying "there there it's all going to be ok" About 15 minutes later jumped up didn't give 2 shits, went off to the pub for several drinks (which did nothing) of some tasty beer... yes tripping makes you think and do weird shit. Hope some of this babble is of help.

benzo's will dull the trip as others have pointed out. possibly putting you to sleep..

you want an 5hta antagonist such as risperidone (anti-psychotic) to end the trip asap. 2mg brought me right down from a trip when i wanted it to end (i was coming down anyway, just the headspace i was in) because my back was starting to really ache and i wanted to dose uninterrupted and get some sleep. it worked.

Old thread I know
But for any tripper out there on a bad one here is my tuppence on this
When I was younger me and my buds took a lot of shrooms every season and lsd outwith mushy season
Well back then in Great Britain you could get temazepam in gel filled capsules and our ethos was to always have four of them each (down the old boxers or some tarts special bank as stop and search has always been a Scotland police tactic esp in the 90s) and whoever hit a bad one would take his/hers early and go home to chill but let me tell you from experience they were a absolute godsend
They didn’t stop the trip but changed the dynamic to such a happy warm trip

They banned the gel ones here in the 90s as people were using them as defence in murder and assault trials saying they couldn’t remember it as they were addicted to them and took enough to black out. You can still get the tablet from ones but they aren’t the same
I would recommend having a few mogadon/notrazepam on hand as they are the closest thing to the old jellies out there
Anyway good luck stay safe and happy tripping to anyone who reads this

I've been on a bit of a cocaine and speed binge for the last fortnight, alcohol has been a constant through this obviously, but I'm also taking 6 or 7 mg of ritrovil along with everything else, not just for comedown purposes, it just makes things run smoother. I also obtained 28 0.5 xanax on Monday evening and I've got 3 of those left. Not the best harm reduction advice I know but it works for me.

believe it or not I was talking to an old jelly head from back in the day recently and he reckons that the Xanax you sceptic tanks get are almost on par with the old jellies
But it maybe just wishful thinking on his part

Old thread I know
But for any tripper out there on a bad one here is my tuppence on this
When I was younger me and my buds took a lot of shrooms every season and lsd outwith mushy season
Well back then in Great Britain you could get temazepam in gel filled capsules and our ethos was to always have four of them each (down the old boxers or some tarts special bank as stop and search has always been a Scotland police tactic esp in the 90s) and whoever hit a bad one would take his/hers early and go home to chill but let me tell you from experience they were a absolute godsend
They didn’t stop the trip but changed the dynamic to such a happy warm trip

They banned the gel ones here in the 90s as people were using them as defence in murder and assault trials saying they couldn’t remember it as they were addicted to them and took enough to black out. You can still get the tablet from ones but they aren’t the same
I would recommend having a few mogadon/notrazepam on hand as they are the closest thing to the old jellies out there
Anyway good luck stay safe and happy tripping to anyone who reads this
Haha. I remember those jelly temazepam in Australia in the late 1980s or very early 1990s. The first time I took one I was sitting in an early opener on Oxford Street at 7 AM sipping a schooner after being cranked for 3 days straight and on the verge of complete emotional collapse. ANd then I was suddenly at peace. It levelled me out like a shot of liquid tranquility with an extra serving of rainbows. I still couldn’t sleep though.

They are correct. Benzos will help eliminate anxiety and whatever trepidation LSD might induce, but it will NOT stop a trip dead in its tracks.

You need an anti-psychotic to pull that off, like Seroquel.

Haha. I remember those jelly temazepam in Australia in the late 1980s or very early 1990s. The first time I took one I was sitting in an early opener on Oxford Street at 7 AM sipping a schooner after being cranked for 3 days straight and on the verge of complete emotional collapse. ANd then I was suddenly at peace. It levelled me out like a shot of liquid tranquility with an extra serving of rainbows. I still couldn’t sleep though.
Yeah I started talking them to sleep after a rave but soon found that warm jelly feeling too morish my mates and I used to call that warm feeling the ready brek grow after a porridge advert on telly here at the time

Wow another old thread kicked up where I can throw my worthless 2 cents in. :) I was at the Waterloo Village Jazz Festival in NJ one year. (I stood tripping 3 feet away from Bucky Pizzarelli and Tarlow as they did guitar duets) But I took a hit of acid and although most of it was outdoors I started tripping way too hard under a tent by a stage. I was cutting these hits in quarters going forward, Anyway I was under a tent in the midst of a small crowd, music was amazing but I was anxious and way too high. I could not move but had a soda in my hand and a 10 mg Valiumm in my pocket that I slipped in my mouth. Within a half hour I was much calmer and it toned it down but still had a good trippy day. Actually the calmness was great after almost panicking. And I am veteran but it happens to the best of them.

So Seroquel will totally knock out a trip? I had that stuff at one time for sleep but only did it twice as it fogged my head. But good to know it can be a trip killer. Not that I ever need that for myself. But yeah benzos are a must for me to have on hand these days. I went years using first alcohol and then opiates to come down. Now a benzo at the very end (oh and some kratom). I steer clear of the heavier opiates these days........ for now.

once a upon a time before rc's were bothered with i knew a fellow that would occasionally do something he had dubbed 'treep-slippling; This consisted of redic nbome doses with extra heroic 10-15 mg doses of clam. it was like a real hippy speedball. The trip was definitely dulled but hell if i ever felt anxiety when subjcted to such trials. Really quite inteersting

As others have said benzos will calm down the trip but wont completely stop it. Seroquel blocks serotonin receptors and is your best bet to ending a trip.

^that. also dont take my #'s as a dose reccomendage in any way shape or form. but yea seroquel is the quicker tripper fixer downer benzos dull the ride forsure tho...