• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Abilify vs Zyprexa

Disocio0

Bluelighter
So I've been on zyprexa for about 5 months now for bipolar and it's been a miracle drug for me. I am naturally too skinny and in 4 months of taking zyprexa I gained 45 pounds and look and feel better than I have in years.

Lately I've been depressed. I also take Adderall 20mgs, Klonopin, 6 mgs, and Zoloft 100mgs a day. I feel like the zoloft isn't working like it used to.

My question is if I should try Abilify instead of Zyprexa. I've read that it works like a antidepressant and an antipsycotic too. If would be awesome to kill two birds with one stone. But I am scared I will lose weight. My doctor gave me a months worth of abilify and I'm wondering if I should take it on top of zyprexa and cut out the zoloft. J don't want to be on more than 4 meds and that is pushing it. Any advice would be tight.

Hmm,how has the zyprexa worked for treating your bipolar? Other than the weight gain

Abilify's weight loss action is much weaker than Adderall's, which you're already on, so don't worry about it. Have you seen anyone about your eating disorder?

If i was depressed id try giving the adderal a break. Uppers make me rationalize everything to the point of wondering if suicide is as logical a choice as any other