Mental Health Abilify vs Xeplion (Invega) injection

Well i guess It depends where you live. Here there's no way in hell to get prescribed ADHD meds unless you're diagnosed with it. Technically it can be done but no doctor is willing to risk losing their license. All stimulant meds are strictly regulated here.

The abusable meds aren't prescribed in his country so I don't think the OP wants to get high off his medication

Apart from that I kinda agree that his plan is flawed, banging on the table rarely works with doctors
OP said that amphetamines are not available to him. He didn't mention methylphenidate so i assumed that could be an option.

Last edited:
Well i guess It depends where you live. Here there's no way in hell to get prescribed ADHD meds unless you're diagnosed with it. Technically it can be done but no doctor is willing to risk losing their license. All stimulant meds are strictly regulated here.
I specified that it must fall under the doctor's plan, for example I can ask for different anti psychotics for Bipolar disorder but its impossible for me to get anything for ADHD
OP said that amphetamines are not available to him. He didn't mention methylphenidate so i assumed that could be an option.
nope its not available as well..

Basically any stimulant drug is not available

I didn’t find any cognitive impairment on Abilify. In fact my academic performance improved quite a lot while I was on it. It also did wonders for silencing my constant negative ruminating thoughts.

I do think it made me somewhat hypersexual as a side effect, but not in an extreme or unmanageable way. I was just horny every day and usually needed to have sex before I could sleep (luckily I had obliging partner at the time).

Apart from that I also suffered from insomnia when I was on it.

However I have found getting of it very hard. It does seem to have a strong withdrawal syndrome despite it’s very long half life.
Did you have Akasthesia on Abilify ~ if so was the restlessness bearable…