• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Abilify permanent side effects

cletusSamboy

Bluelighter
My mate gave me a 5mg abilify and told me it's good for coming off meth. I've taken half and just now read about side effects like permanently unable to feel stims or trip anymore after using is making me worried. So will 2.5mg cause permanent changes in my brain or does that only happen after prolonged use?

Pretty sure one dose isn't going to permanently change your body chemistry, I wouldn't worry about it. Please check any dangers of combining the 2 in case you suddenly get the urge to reside meth though.

For me the best thing for coming down from meth was basically something to help me sleep then plenty of caffeine the following day

Pretty sure one dose isn't going to permanently change your body chemistry, I wouldn't worry about it. Please check any dangers of combining the 2 in case you suddenly get the urge to reside meth though.

For me the best thing for coming down from meth was basically something to help me sleep then plenty of caffeine the following day
I sure hope it doesn't permanently change things. I haven't taken any meth just allergy tested the abilify. I'm now planning on taking 10mg of dexedrine this sunday. That'll be about 130 hours after taking the abilify and am anxious to see if the dexies still have an effect. Hope it's enough time to clear most of that abilify crap out.

My brother was on this for around a month and ended up with xss Tardive Dyskinesia. We dont know with 100% certain that abilify is to blame, but he's been on mostly the same meds for upwards for clost to 15 years and he had no physiological problems prior to abilify and his TD greatly improved after stopping taking it. I know it's just an an anecdote, so take if for what you will.

^ I've had side effects still since after 5 days. Increased saliva, headaches, irritation and hunger. This stuff lasts ages.