• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Harm Reduction ABILIFY MAINTENA 400MG RECOVERY QUESTIONS

addict69

Greenlighter
Ive been taking abilify injections for a year and 3 months will probably have to take them for another year how long will it take to recover? when will i be able to smoke weed again if that would be possible i get extreme shortness of breath whenever i smoke i heard it takes about 5 years per year on the injection any answers would be great im new on this forum and i was recommendated by a friend hopefully i get some answers thanks everybody

Hey @addict69

This is a difficult question to answer. There isn't going to be any good data regarding when Cannabis can again be enjoyed. We know that antipsychotics of different varieties all have a tendency to reduce the subjective effects of drugs in general, but Cannabis and Psychedelics especially. We also know that following cessation, people tend to get these experiences back. The big question is whether you need the Aripiprazole (Abilify) or not. I'm assuming the courts are forcing you into it?

I really doubt this would take 5 years. I'd wager you'd be completely back to baseline or almost there following 6 months of not taking the injections. This is just a guess.

Hey @addict69

This is a difficult question to answer. There isn't going to be any good data regarding when Cannabis can again be enjoyed. We know that antipsychotics of different varieties all have a tendency to reduce the subjective effects of drugs in general, but Cannabis and Psychedelics especially. We also know that following cessation, people tend to get these experiences back. The big question is whether you need the Aripiprazole (Abilify) or not. I'm assuming the courts are forcing you into it?

I really doubt this would take 5 years. I'd wager you'd be completely back to baseline or almost there following 6 months of not taking the injections. This is just a guess.
Thanks for answering im on a cto becouse i have asperger but im no menace to society or people i just have asperger and my psychiatrist thinks it's the best for me to take the injections even tho i refuse to keep taking them i hope she gets me off them soon so i can be a normal functioning human again and i can enjoy cannabis i heard somewhere every injection lasts in the body 150 days is this true? if so then the 10 years waiting to smoke cannabis and achieve recovery rings true doesnt it? again i dont know anything you must know way better than me im just speculating with the info i got somewhere else again thank you for answering anything else you may want to tell me if you know anything reply to this message

@addict69

Okay, okay, now I understand what you're getting at.

When they say each dose is going to last 150 days, that doesn't compound in the way that you're thinking. Think of it like this, if it's a monthly shot, that shot is going to last fo ~30 days. If it's a twice-yearly dosage as you're describing, then each injection will last that 150 days, but again, this doesn't compound in the way you're thinking.

Now, if the drug say, based on your metabolism or whatever other factors lasts for ~31 days, then you could potentially say that with each injection you're going to be getting 151 days with your next injection, but essentially, at the 150 day mark, the entirety of the drug will be used up within your body.

To put it in simple terms, it's a 150 day medication, it only lasts for 150 days. The duration of each injection is never going to be more than maybe, 5%-10% build up at the most from each injection. I'm shooting from the hip here dude, but maybe after repeated injections over the course of years, your final injection could last 165 days or whatever. There is no pharmaceutical drug that will work this way in your body. The only thing that's gonna do that is something like metal or something otherwise unable to be broken down by your body.

I've talked with so many people with severe mental illness (no shame dude, just using the terminology) like schizophrenia, bipolar etc. who LOVE weed. They love to smoke it, love the effects. It seems to often be detrimental to their mental health though. Many seem to really dive into Cannabis like an addiction. This is totally just me running my mouth. I don't have any studies or anything, just things I've seen and people I've known.

I was in psych wards at least a half dozen times in my 20's. It was usually a combination of my insanity due to my dependency on Heroin (when I'd run out, for instance). They thought I was crazy and I would lean right into that and agree, as I'd be out of dope anyway and the smorgasbord of Benzodiazepines et al was way better than going it on my own power. I'm only telling this story as it's what gave me a more personal view into my fellow-patients' lives. Those actually struggling with severe illness would always talk about Cannabis the way I'd talk about Heroin "man, if I could only get high, I'd be doing art, I'd be able to write my biography, I'd be able to go back to work" etc. It's a really sad situation, cause I truly don't know what's worse, living a numb, disconnected life on antipsychotics or smoking weed, being "happy" but being outside of societal norms.

I just want you to make the best decision for you man. I know it's such a loaded statement these days, especially in a venue like Bluelight; just think about what you really want. Perhaps staying on medication could allow you to get other cool stuff like a job or a man/woman to love and love you. If you ever want to talk, you know where to find me.