• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Abilify and Meth?

Specified

Ex-Bluelighter
I've read reports of abilify increasing meth's effects but also it reducing meth effects. Which one is true?

Abilify is antagonist at the receptors dopamine has an effect so it decreases effects of amphetamines quite hard but as it is (weak) inhibitor of the cytochromes that metabolize amphetamines it in theory should increase AUC of methamphetamine in blood meaning it should have a bit stronger effects than normally (and as it metabolizes slower it could also stay active longer) but the net effects are still less than without taking aripiprazole ?

Why are you on abilify i would caution stopping a med you might need for a slightly better high. If your inpatient for depression schizophrenia bipolar ect you deff wont get to have any high.

d1nach, are you actually saying that persons with psychological disorders shouldn't be allowed to get high?

Not at all sorry if it came across that way. What i mean is if you have mental illness you should be very careful stopping meds for a stronger high. Because, if you need the meds and you end up inpatient because you stopped them you wont be able to get high at all.

Oh I am sorry that I got it wrong.

It is true that those type of drugs are nearly always needed if a person is suffering from a serious psychological disorder, especially those that have psychotic behaviour attached.

Much better to stay away from stimulants if one has already higher risk for psychotic episodes especially if one needs to stop their antipsychotics in order to feel effects normally.

I just happen to have bi-polar type II and have used Abilify before so it sounded a bit absurd that for example I shouldn't be allowed to get high.