• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Abdominal "pain" after meth use

CallMeTaboo

Greenlighter
I put pain in parentheses cuz it's not exactly painful it's just noticeable. I can just feel.. something. It's obviously not a normal feeling or I wouldn't be asking about it. It's in the upper right part of my abdomen but below the ribs. Would have thought my liver but it's lower than that. Kidney? From dehydration I assume so I should obviously drink more liquids but here is the 60,000.00 question, I drink more to help my kidney yet meth retains fluid and urine so the more I drink the worse it is on my kidneys but if I don't drink it's also bad for my kidneys right? Is an abdominal anomaly somewhat normal using meth? Like I said it's not painful just feels.... Bloated.

One possible explanation is methamphetamine activates your bodys sympathetic fight or flight nervous system. This signals to start sending blood used and slow down other food digestion which is controlled many by the parasympathetic or rest and digest nervous system so that extra blood and energy can reach the muscles to help you kill a tiger then once its over the sympathetic nervous system decreases and comes back into balance with the parasympathetic nervous system and blood and effort goes back to the intestines.