Abbreviation thread?

ITT: In This Thread
3LA: Three Letter Acronyms
BAbA: Being Abused by All

:|

MAO and MAOI mono-amine oxidase and mono-amine oxidase inhibitor MAO breaks down many important brain chemichals, MAOIs inhibit this breakdown, most often talked about regarding potentiation, interactions, and combinations that are dangerous. MAOI's are a class of antidepressant as well. MAOIs are not first line because they have many more risks and interactions than most antidepressants.

Ya you're right about FWIW.

DOC = drug of choice

I always get confused by this. In my field DOC stands for 2,5-Dimethoxy-4-chloroamphetamine so when I see someone talk about using their "DOC" the first image that comes in my mind is a 20+ hour DOC trip.

Bump, maybe move to wiki if any of this is useful for GL's guide.

I could have sworn all of these were put into the GG, but theres lots that arent in there. I'll get around to that one of these days, good bump :) I would have bumped this one myself if I had realized they werent all in there.

Ok, so I've added the most common abbreviations for here on BL to the abbreviations in the GG, but only in the wiki part of the GG (because I cant remember how to edit the GG here on BL :|) I left out some of the ones mentioned because it was getting really long, so I only added the most common ones, and I alphabatized them so that they would be easier to read through if someone is looking for something in particular.

It was a lot of work lol

http://wiki.bluelight.ru/index.php/Greenlighters_guide Its on wikipedia, you can get to it by going to the GG through that green box at the top of the main page of support
umm... sorry to be pedantic, but it's not actually in wikipedia.

wikipedia is just one of many sites in the 'wiki' format. the Bluelight wiki is completely separate from that and is hosted on our own servers.

i knew what you meant, fiz. ;)

http://wiki.bluelight.ru/index.php/Greenlighters_guide Its on wikipedia, you can get to it by going to the GG through that green box at the top of the main page of support
GG=greenlighter's guide.
umm... sorry to be pedantic, but it's not actually in wikipedia.

wikipedia is just one of many sites in the 'wiki' format. the Bluelight wiki is completely separate from that and is hosted on our own servers.
Thanks guys! :)

Yes, but there's a minor typo:
2010-11-22_2012.png

Need the end parenthesis [")"] after "Acronyms'". Also, if someone gets real ambitious, either capitalize every word or don't capitalize every word--Looks weird with some abbreviation explanations capitalized and some not. Oh and, "for what its worth" should be "for what it's worth." :p

Otherwise, it looks good!

picky picky :p ;)

Good points though, I'll fix that later. And I think I'll just take out that first parenthesis, it doesnt really need it... I think I meant to do that and forgot.