• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

A truly fascinating tryptamine PDF, chock full of pharmacology data on 5HT2aRs and +>

Limpet_Chicken

Bluelighter
A truly fascinating tryptamine PDF, chock full of pharmacology data on 5HT2aRs and +>

https://catbull.com/alamut/Bibliothek/NielsJensen-Aeruginascin.pdf

I found, and wanted to present this for the appreciation of my fellow neuroscience geeks.
This is originally on aeruginescin, an unusual tryptamine quat, derived it seems from in part the same enzymatic steps as produce the muscarine found in most of the fungal genus Inocybe (the two overlay quite well), from a unique mushroom, Inocybe aeruginescens, which also contains some psilocybin, baeocystin etc.

But it digresses bigtime to go deep, deep into the pharmacology of 5HT2a receptor activation, second messenger trafficking and gene expression modulation, G-protein coupling and all sorts of deep analysis and explanation of how things go from 5HT2a receptor agonist to downstream modulation of glutamatergic, cholinergic and other monoaminergic receptors, receptor hetero/homodimer association and unusual allosteric regulation of one subunit of such receptor dimers where one allosterically regulates the other in such a way as for the allosterically stimulating subunit to feed back to the stimulated subunit in a way that changes the conformation of the receptor complex in a manner which is conducive to greater efficacy of the regulatory site.

SO much fascinating stuff on signalling cascades, and a great deal of some really quite interesting indole chemistry and analytical data. Its just too juicy not to post.

Enjoy guys!

Thank you, Limpet_Chicken! Indeed it is a great find! :D

I thought there'd be somebody who might like that. Just happened to come across it, read it and figured others would want to do the same. And of course saved myself a copy straight away.