• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

A sore throat and opiates

justtakethat

Bluelighter
I have been planning on using opiates saturday and sunday but i woke up this morning with very minor throat irritarions and by tonight its gotten worse and feels like ill be waking up with a sore throat tomarrow. I was reading about opiates supressing ammune system to cause infection but is just a sore throat or maybe even a minor cold enough to cause an infection? Or will i be fine getting high those 2 days

Hello, what specific opiate do you plan on using?
If you have a sore throat or just a cold, opiates shouldn't get in the way of that, but it might affect how high you get. IMO I would wait until I was perfectly healthy again so I could enjoy the high, but if you don't have anything worse than a simple cold, I don't see the problem in doing opiates. Some people even say it makes them more buzzed when they're sick. You need to watch out for the sore throat though, as it could be a developing case of strep and then you shouldn't use at all until it goes away. Stay safe!

I plan on doing some oxy saturday and some methadone sunday but i think its just a sore throat so i dont think ill be feeling any worse. Iv had strep throat before like last year but i think u can get it again. I think ill take the opiates anyway and it will probably help my throat also

You would probably get some pain relief from the sore throat but from a harm reduction standpoint I would not follow an oxy dose with methadone the next day (unless its a very low dose of oxy). Sounds like you have some sort of viral infection, I think you would get more out of it (recreationally) if you just waited until you are feeling better to dose the oxy.

You would probably get some pain relief from the sore throat but from a harm reduction standpoint I would not follow an oxy dose with methadone the next day (unless its a very low dose of oxy). Sounds like you have some sort of viral infection, I think you would get more out of it (recreationally) if you just waited until you are feeling better to dose the oxy.
Why wouldnt u do it the next day the half life is 3.2 hours for oxy. And i out days off after.