• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Kratom A resource for accurate kratom information

mdaniel80

Bluelighter
If you are on FB you know there are a myriad of FB groups for kratom. Unfortunately, most of them are ran be vendors and used for promotional purposes. In the kratom industry, this means the information accepted as fact in these groups is very often false. SO - if you are a member of Zuck-land, there is a science-based kratom group that allows no vendors or sales at all. Just real info from real people including legit Indonesian harvesters who speak truth about processing (they do not sell in the group) and a pHd or two who remain anonymous. If this sounds like your thing join us at "Kratom (black heart emoji) Facts". Created and adminned by myself, username: Maria Mycelium, and a couple other extremely knowledgable harm reduction advocates. We are hoping to bridge the gap between FB and BL and welcome links to BL threads over in the FB group. Correct information on kratom is hard to come by and essential.

-Maria Daniel

Last edited:
Thanks for that. My situation is that because my prescribed stims no longer work which in turn has meant that I've had to look abroad (NL) to get RC's which carrys a risk obviously. So, that has lead to looking into Kratom. If it was legal and had a stimulant effect then I would have hit the jackpot

Thanks for that. My situation is that because my prescribed stims no longer work which in turn has meant that I've had to look abroad (NL) to get RC's which carrys a risk obviously. So, that has lead to looking into Kratom. If it was legal and had a stimulant effect then I would have hit the jackpot
Are you not in the US or are you in an illegal state? And now that you-know-who got put down there wont be much coming out of NL anymore I should think. The thing about kratom is that it really isnt a stimulant

While Kratom can be stimulating at times, as been said that’s not its main classification. It’s stimulating like opiates are stimulating in the sense you feel you can work longer hours, push through the pain, etc.

What prescription stimulants were you taking and looking to replace?

-GC

You might try memantine or DXM to restore the effects of your prescription stims. I got prescribed 18mg concerta and on its own it would lose its effects within 1-2 weeks, then I'd just take it to reach baseline but when mixed with ~100mg DXM, the effects were there on and on for months. Dissociatives like the named two are known to lower tolerance to dopaminergic stimulants.

Kratom isn't really stimulating if you ask me, none of the strains are, but I also don't get typical opioid effects from any dose of kratom, no miosis etc. just some relaxation and some restlessness if quit cold turkey. Unfortunately Kratom isn't a replacement for prescription stims, not more so than coffee is (the kratom and the coffee tree are sort of cousins btw). I would love it to be otherwise because I'm cuyt off any stims currently, can only get kratom and (expensive) coca leaves which both don't fulfill my needs as somebody suffering from adult attention deficit disorder.

While Kratom can be stimulating at times, as been said that’s not its main classification. It’s stimulating like opiates are stimulating in the sense you feel you can work longer hours, push through the pain, etc.

What prescription stimulants were you taking and looking to replace?

-GC
60mg dexamfetamine sulphate per day. I will keep that going as a regular prescription. I'm 60 years old BTW and have been on stims for last 20.

Have you tried ways to maybe regain efficacy? Magnesium l-threonate or other highly bioavailable forms of Mag should help.

-GC

500mg sabroxy bro. Trust. Its a DRI (same MOA as adderall) but does not carry the side effects or crash

I am new to Kratom but have heard about it, read about it, known people that use it etc.
I am 44, nearing 45, feel 18 but have had arthritis since 14. (broken femurs and screws over 4 years)
Now I'm on crap that concerns me about my liver for both pain and sleep, but most often sleep.
I have white and red kratom from a source I trust and tried 500mg of each today, about 1 hour apart on an empty stomach.
I have a very acute sensitivity to substances but also build tremendous tolerance quickly. Sometimes no effects at all from stuff I've never taken that has other people in a coma.

The white gave me a mellow but alert buzz.
The red in about 10 minutes I could feel mild sedation and the same buzz.
I combined it with some THC distillate with terps and some THC water soluble nano-powder with it all spaced out but for the distillate.
All in all, the THC and Kratom compliment one another well, and I wasn't going to take 2 to 5 grams like some would.

Pain.
The effects on pain ATM are mild, but everything is relaxed the script meds don't cover so thoroughly. I have myofascitis and don't like taking gabapentin in the day. Usually around this time, sometimes earlier, my body goes into a fit of bone cramps, muscle cramps, sometimes spasms, constant rolling crunches from the same spot in my back every time I move etc.
I usually start with naproxen sodium, but this definitely blows it away and gives effects relative to the gabapentin.
Gabapentin makes some of us fat. I'm just beyond the eating side effect but have always assumed Kratom would get me off it.

I take tizanidine for the myofascitis, and have a huge tolerance to the side effects, but it's just one more worry about my liver. Along with these, I couple them with OTC sleep aids which are really just 2x benadryl. Not a brutal cocktail for the liver and my elderly mother takes 2-3x that daily, but nothing I want to face some day.

I am hesitant to combine it with my medications before bed tonight because believe it or not, combining tizanidine with melatonin is a critical drug interaction warning, nobody spotted it and I landed in the hospital in critical condition.
I will do this during the day as I experiment with dosage, timing, combining it with other legal or authorized substances and relay what I can conclude that may relate to others in need of it medicinally.

Right now I can say without a doubt, it's blowing away what the pain meds do and they are a bit of a roller coaster until the wipe out enough inflammation and my body stabilizes.

Ultimately, I'm actually very healthy and much of this will go away over the next couple months, but I can't say for sure about the insomnia and I know there may be times something hurts like a phantom and I need a medicine.
I have had insomnia so bad, I feared it was paradoxical insomnia which is fatal.
I was awake for 18 days/nights once.