Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

A question on tolerance

puffinsforhands

Greenlighter
Hi all,

Went clubbing with a group of friends the other night and encountered something unexpected. Two of our group had never tried MDMA in any form before, both of them began by taking half a pill (supposedly containing 210mg). These were nice, clean pills that I tested as thoroughly as I could (see my report here: http://www.pillreports.net/index.php?page=display_pill&id=35293).

One friend came up before anyone else in the group, within about 25 minutes - loved every minute of his first roll. The other didn't feel anything for 90 minutes so he dropped another 1/3 of a pill and then waited another hour. We had all eaten a big dinner about 4 hours earlier. I was actually in the same boat as this guy up until this point, and had taken close to an entire pill without feeling anything (this was my third roll, so shouldn't have too much of a tolerance or anything - had been 7 weeks before my last). Being the last two left to come up and feeling a little frustrated, we decided to split a spare pill between us (half each) as a final attempt. 30 minutes after this I finally came up, but my friend (who had never rolled before!) was still feeling nothing. Before taking the last half, my pupils were dilated but I wasn't feeling much. After taking what should have been roughly 300mg of MDMA, my friend's pupils remained totally normal and he was still completely sober - 4 hours after first drop. I should also note that he's actually pretty small for a guy, coming in at 5'7", 70kg. The doses went like this - first half crushed in a gel cap, second third crushed in a gel cap, final half we just bit the pill in half, no gel cap and not crushed.

My question is this: Is my friend likely to have some sort of natural resistance/tolerance? Or is it possible for it to have got caught up with some food and never kick in? (I attribute the slow release and mild buzz I got from the first cap as it getting released slowly with food - it was a big dinner and it takes me longer than average to digest my meals). OR could it be that the pills had a big spread on them? The thing that bothers me is that the half of the pill that brought me up did nothing for my friend, so I know it wasn't just that his first pill was bunk or anything, he definitely consumed a reasonable amount of MDMA from the same pill that kicked me into gear. He was also seriously bricking it the ENTIRE time about trying it, can nerves affect a roll this much? To the point that it kills it completely? Safe to say that everyone was confused at what happened, all having had a great, fairly intense roll from these pills.

Thoughts?

First brother do you konw how dangerous this drug is ?? Test or not?? ((Do a research first ))if you keep rolling test or not small amount or big your are going to see the dark side of this drug I mean (((rook bottom)) for real no joke .. You Should not offer this to your friends does not matter of the tolerance they have ..take it from me brother 2 years feeling like this everyday sometimes I wish I could. Go back in time 2 years ago and take any advice shit... From this drug

First brother do you konw how dangerous this drug is ?? Test or not?? ((Do a research first ))if you keep rolling test or not small amount or big your are going to see the dark side of this drug I mean (((rook bottom)) for real no joke .. You Should not offer this to your friends does not matter of the tolerance they have ..take it from me brother 2 years feeling like this everyday sometimes I wish I could. Go back in time 2 years ago and take any advice shit... From this drug
This guy trolls everyone's threads with the exact same post. As to your situation. Maybe pills are under dosed as advertised, hot spots in the pill can make for inaccurate dosing, maybe your friend just need more of an Intial to get over the edge? Combination of all those ?

I have indeed heard of "nerves" and anger/anxiety interfering with a roll before but I think this might have been from an inconsistency in the pills/absorption. Some people might not get as high to begin with (guys mainly) but the only real "tolerance killer" besides past use would be SSRIs. SSRIs can completely cancel out a high. And I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of adrenaline could kill a high as well, it could also prevent some digestion and absorption in the first place (think fight or flight vs. rest and digest).

Thanks for the replies. Funnily enough the friend in question actually really enjoyed the night DESPITE actually spraining his ankle. He's usually a grumpy shit so maybe he was feeling some of it without realising. I guess next time he tries it the nerves will be a bit less intense (probably) so it might work better next time. Obviously just wanted to get some second opinions - don't wanna go telling him he should drop a bigger dose next time and risk him taking too much! Will probably try and get some pure crystal instead of pills so I know how much we'll be taking.