• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Tolerance A Question About Why, Completely Randomly, I Can't Get High

HandyxRandy

Greenlighter
So I have a bit of an odd situation my friends who also take recreational pot/THC can't seem to answer. I've taken several different kinds over the last two years, Delta 8/9, THC-O/P/H, and most recently a blend that included some Amanita extract (sans the toxic acid of course). I've done both edibles and tinctures (which are my current favorite) and I've come to an odd problem with every single strain and method. I'll take some one day and I'll get anywhere from a nice mellow high to a deeper sort of relaxing/sinking into a hole kind of deal. But then I just can't seem to get high again at random. I can be in the middle of taking it every day at the same time on nearly identical schedules and most days I won't hardly feel a thing but some I'll take like a quarter dose and feel like I'm glued to my chair. The recent Amanita (topical, if you're wondering) was also a major bummer. I took a very small dose of it, trying to be careful trying a new product, and I got a rather nice kind of floating but it was ruined from an argument I had with an acquaintance online. I wanted to feel that feeling again so I took a full dose the next day... and nothing. I just felt mildly groggy, not even enough to affect my behavior. My frustration grew in pursuit of trying to get that feeling back to the point I took a 4x then an 8x dose on two subsequent days (not the smartest I know, but I was getting upset). All I managed was a mild headache on the 8x day. So I'm wondering, and hopefully those more knowledgeable than I can answer, why is my ability to get high seemingly completely random? It's incredibly frustrating because some days I want a mild buzz to make doing household tasks a bit more fun and end up becoming a complete potato, and others I'm looking for a deep experience, all set up for meditation and some inner searching, and I just get a kind of tired feeling behind my eyes. I'd greatly prefer being able to figure out how to be able to actually get the high I want, if not, I'd like to at least figure out why this is happening.

I can't really speak on the amanita products, tried those in gummy form once or twice and got nothing off of them, so I never tried them again. Honesty, your "off" days sound like a typical amanita experience - again, just in my experience.

But all those 'noids... I was using those in massive amounts and in all forms for a few months here over the summer, and what I can say is that it ended up as those massive amounts due to a rapidly presenting tolerance that just kept on trucking right until I had a straight up immunity. Seriously - I knew I had to hang it up for a while (not that I did right away, mind you) when I made a 1.75g single edible using d8/hhc/thc-p/thc-o concentrates and got that "pressure behind the eyes" feel... for about 15 minutes.

Or, you could be getting bunk product, even if you've made no changes in your purchasing habits? Good vendors do go bad sometimes, for whatever reason. But I think it might just be the tolerance issue.

Hummm... Maybe dame Cannabis punishes those with a lack of introspection, especially multi-intoxication that actually vilainize everything cannabis. Lucky you there's plenty of failure experts around, feel right at home!!

☮️