• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

A question about benzos

How much of a difference do the potentiators make? And what is mephenesin? Can it be bought OTC?

For me they do work quite well. I don't take Grapefruit juice as it does the total opposite to me - it lessens the high, go figure. And mephenesin is OTC here in France, it's a "weak" muscle relaxant, it's called Decontractyl. Try to see if it's OTC where you live.

edit: I read on a scientific site, mephenesin is a propanediol derivative, same family as carisoprodol (Soma), but weaker.

Last edited:
I have a bunch of drugs (valium, xanax, tamazepam, clonazepam, zopiclone, zolpidem)
I hate you because you have what I want. :X
Wanna switch places? Seriously, I'll be you, you be me.
I don't even know what that means. I'm just jealous.

Temazepam does not mess up your REM sleep, unlike most other benzos. This is why I like it, benzo high + dreams. =D%)

Interesting!

Maybe because of quick onset? Strange, though, because it has much longer half-life (8-22 hours; wikip.) than the z-drugs (1-6 hrs). (Sometimes considered an advantage for a sleeping pill, I guess.)

Are you aware of the research showing that temazepam is also quantitatively the most dangerous of the commonly-prescribed benzos (i.e., greatest likelihood of respiratory depression, hospitalization, death per prescribed dose)? Guess it makes sense--more sedating, so it's prescribed for sleep; but more sedating means that in extremis some won't wake up...

Free from British Medical Journal:
N. Buckley et al. 1995. "Relative Toxicity of Benzodiazepines in Overdose." BMJ 310:219-221
http://www.bmj.com/cgi/content/full/310/6974/219

I'm not knocking it; I love temazzzz...

Just found it interesting. Couldn't find original ref. where I learned about this, but I was shocked to read that temaz was so much more dangerous than other benzos in OD (maybe it was in JAMA or NEJM?; the ref above mainly compares it with oxazepam, but other research found the same across the entire class of benzos; temaz is in a league of its own).

(Totally different issue than the whole gangrene after shooting temazepam gelcaps in your arteries epidemic.)

Interesting!

Maybe because of quick onset? Strange, though, because it has much longer half-life (8-22 hours; wikip.) than the z-drugs (1-6 hrs). (Sometimes considered an advantage for a sleeping pill, I guess.)

Are you aware of the research showing that temazepam is also quantitatively the most dangerous of the commonly-prescribed benzos (i.e., greatest likelihood of respiratory depression, hospitalization, death per prescribed dose)? Guess it makes sense--more sedating, so it's prescribed for sleep; but more sedating means that in extremis some won't wake up...
Why temazepam doesn't mess up REM sleep? I'm not exactly sure on the "why" to that. I know it intercombines step 2 and 3 of sleep, but doesn't effect REM.

I don't know why it causes more deaths, etc. I thought I heard nimetazeapm was more toxic but I may be wrong.

Anyways that doesn't bother me, I take a low dose and am very responsible with it.

For some reason the only recreational benzo for me is valium (diazepam). Temazepam was good but not as good as I expected from the reports. Also, for alprazolam I just can't find a good balance. I either take too little and it's less enjoyable than a glass of wine or I take more, not much more and it knocks me out. Frustrating. I used to get more out these things, but seems after opiates its just doesn't cut it. Valium seems to make me feel the best out of all the them. Sorry, just some random gibbering on my benzo frustrations. Can't take em now anyways.

Why is it that valium is so much more enjoyable for me? I don't get it. Seems very similar to clonazepam, which is ok, preferred by me to xanax.

Son of a mother's lover! I was awaiting the first season of Game of Thrones when this thread was active. Good job digging it up, lol.