Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

A Pool of LSD

greenlightredlight

Greenlighter
I just got this insane idea...

What if you had the chance to swim in a pool filled with 5,600 gallons, or, 21198.31 liters, for metric folks, of 100% pure liquid LSD?

LSD is a crystalline solid, so 100% pure liquid isn't a meaningful statement. What concentration is it in? Like the same as vials, so 1 drop per hit? You find LSD in liquid a lot, but someone put it into solution, it doesn't exist that way in its pure form.

Either way, I wouldn't swim in it, I'm not trying to take a huge, unmeasured dose. But what I WOULD do is sit next to it and casually start filling containers with it so I could get a bunch of free LSD. :)

It could be pure if it were molten under inert atmosphere but that would mean you would both burn like in lava as well as suffocate.

A bad trip by any standard

LSD is a crystalline solid, so 100% pure liquid isn't a meaningful statement. What concentration is it in? Like the same as vials, so 1 drop per hit? You find LSD in liquid a lot, but someone put it into solution, it doesn't exist that way in its pure form.

Either way, I wouldn't swim in it, I'm not trying to take a huge, unmeasured dose. But what I WOULD do is sit next to it and casually start filling containers with it so I could get a bunch of free LSD. :)

He he he ... my thoughts exactly !

Wait, is anyone guarding this pool? Are there sharks with frickin' lasers on their heads? Are we allowed to freely take the LSD with us rather than swimming, or is this some sort of "you swim in this pool or nothing at all" with the muscle and/or technology to back that rule up? Is "swimming in a pool of LSD" just a fancy euphemism for "sleeping with the fishes" in some evil trillionaire's twisted desire to exterminate all those who would dare consume LSD? The answers to these questions might cause me to consider changing my answer.

liquid lsd is very very hot
you would be boiled in seconds and never come back

Just jump in with a shirt on. Take it off let it dry and cut it into a million blotters :)

Or for the enterprising swimmer, why not wear 12 shirts? Why not 24? 36? You could really go down the rabbit hole with that one.

This is one of those ideas that sounds really great when tripping but doesn't hold water the next day.