• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

A pill that could prevent racism?

"Hey Joe whats the new pills for bud?"
"Ahh there just because I hate those n..I mean because I have issues with racial discrimination...."
"Hey I forgot to say.....that....I....need to.....leave!"

This shit is sad but so are people. Like someone else said now a days theres a chemical for all your woes which is obviously the correct choice to make over therapy that could actually help find the root of the problem and fix it. ;)

Yes.
As determined by the individual, not some doctor, and not some bureaucrat.

i.e. informed consent? One may wish to consult a doctor and/or pharmacist first, as part of being informed as to the possible adverse effects?

But bureaucrats, I agree have little to no place, except perhaps making and enforcing regulations to ensure the drug is manufactured properly.

^ Certainly a valid choice to get a doctor's knowledge. Useful, too.
But the ultimate choice of whether to take / continue / stop taking a chemical should rest with the individual.

100% agreed on that... I personally find the involuntary administration of drugs to psych patients disgusting for exactly that reason. I was just saying a physician and a pharmacist might provide useful info on how to use the drug for minimum harm and maximum benefit, being that they are highly educated in such matters.

I think propanolol would be a bad thing to take for reducing racism... at least personally, it makes me far too sedated and dizzy to be an effective person if I was always like that... I wonder if a more selective drug could be made that would have less effect on level of consciousness and with less PNS effects such as weakness.