• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

A new direction for research chemicals

Consider O-acetylhydroxylamines, e.g. O-acetyl-FLEA. These should hydrolyse easily in vivo, right?

Also, wasn't HOT-7 floating around for a while? Whatever happened to that? I guess there was a bad batch and people got sick- Hm... maybe ixnay, maybe I'm not sure.

But now I wonder, has any of the chemicals thought up about on bluelight ended up on an RC Vendor's products?

NBOMe were discussed as recreational possibilities by at least one cavalier jackass before the vendors thought it might be a good idea.

Ethylphenidate... so far at least.

Ethylphenidate is illegal under the Analog Act as an analog of methylphenidate, which is schedule 2. Also, I've heard it's fine, just not any fun.

It is just too short acting in my eyes. A concert-like retard version of EPH would be nice to try. Or a lysine-bound one, like the lisdexamphetamine, if this is possible (and if, it'd be easier to do than a retard pill). But think the substance itself has a little better DA:NE ratio than MPH.

Despite that, I have always wondered who the fuck decides which boring molecules to throw into the mass grey market while there are lists of promising little ones even on wikipedia no-one sells. And I don't think that all these cannabinoids are easy to synthesize, so this can't be the point...?

4,4'-Dimethylaminorex was interesting. Unfortunately people did not know how to treat it, nor did the vendors care to put any warnings out there- while they probably can't just print dosage instructions on the bag, they could do indirectly over community etc..

4,4'-Dimethylaminorex was interesting. Unfortunately people did not know how to treat it, nor did the vendors care to put any warnings out there- while they probably can't just print dosage instructions on the bag, they could do indirectly over community etc..

That's how a lot of them end up in jail actually. You never know when your "community" actually has a badge, and providing any sort of human dosage information eliminates the "not for human consumption" arguments that allow these vendors to exist.

I know very little chemistry, but there are a few chems I'd love to see made. I think there is a lot of promise in the psychedelic amphetamines. a,N,N-TMT comes to mind. And likewise you could do aM-MET and aM-DPT.

Edit: yeah.

Last edited:
a,N,N-TMT

This is a tryptamine and not an amphetamine. Anyway, I think it was already synthesised and tried and was much less interesting than both DMT and aMT, so alpha-methyl-MET and alpha-methyl-DPT are both likely to be disappointing as well.

Also substituting the halogen on Bromodragonfly, to make a whole line of DOx-fly. What do you more knowledgable people think?

I think Bromo-DragonFLY proved to be dangerous enough not to make other halogenated analogues, people are simply too careless for such stuff to be released (not that it really matters for most vendors). Perhaps DOX-FLY's would be a bit more forgiving if they would have a higher efficacy at 5-HT2A vs. DOB-DragonFLY and a bit higher active dose. But I guess the synthesis of NBOMe's is simply less expensive and they're more potent, so vendors selling RCs only for money aren't going to spend more to get less. I'm sure there are a lot of very interesting compounds on paper and some of them are possibly very interesting in reality as well. I myself love designing new compounds but why would I present these ideas openly so some of them are probably used by vendors to make money until compounds get banned if I can wait and perhaps contribute something for the science?

Oh. I was thinking that the alpha methyl group was what defined an amphetamine. I see that it needs to have the phenethylamine backbone too.

And yeah the 4-halo-.... You know what. Forget I said it. I'm gonna edit myself out of history right now. Bad idea everyone. My fault.

Don't worry, even great scientists made mistakes.

"A person who never made a mistake never tried anything new." - Albert Einstein

Oh. I was thinking that the alpha methyl group was what defined an amphetamine. I see that it needs to have the phenethylamine backbone too.

And yeah the 4-halo-.... You know what. Forget I said it. I'm gonna edit myself out of history right now. Bad idea everyone. My fault.

Amphetamine tells you what it is right in the name! Alpha Methyl PHenyl EThyl AMINE = AMPHETAMINE

Has anyone done anything with Ibogaine derivatives? If Ibogaine has a base of a 5-MeO-Tryp, it seems logical to try a 4-sub version, as well as an unsubbed version. I don't know how one would mess with other side of the molecule, except for I guess the ethyl group hanging off the end. Is it possible to do (what on a simple tryptamine would be) alpha and beta substitutions? aM-Ibogamine anyone? Lol.

Sorry. I'm not in any way a chemist. I toy with this shit in my mind, but I don't know how any of it really works. Excuse me if I'm out of place.

This thread is fascinating, really knowledgeable folks on here. Reminds me of a paper I wrote for a sociology class (drugs and culture) entitled: "In-vivo Biosynthesis of Novel Psychoactives"
That was a bit of a different angle though, involving enzyme inhibition/induction and some unusual precursors.

It would be great if this prodrug angle takes off, but I could see heavy new legislation passing pretty quickly if it did. Brand spanking new controlled substances act of 2020! With wording so vague that anything remotely fun will be illegal.