• Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

A New Attack On Research Chemicals

FractalStructure

Bluelighter
http://www.scribd.com/doc/90850286/Not-for-Human-Consumption

Document includes pictures and legislation for scheduling 16 research chemicals. This is S.7009, but pulled from the NY politician's website.

2C-C 2C-D 2C-E Bromo-DragonFLY 2c-b-FLY 3c-b-FLY Methoxetamine 5-MeO-DALT 5-MeO-DIPT (already illegal?) 3-MeO-PCE 4-MeO-PCP 5-IAI MDAI 6-APB 2-AI Desoxy-D2PM

I'm mostly sad about 2c-c. But maybe this won't ever even take off. *crosses fingers* Most of these have never hurt anyone.

I believe this is state-wide legislation, not federal.

Last edited:
But maybe this won't ever even take off. *crosses fingers*

The only drug legislation that I know not to have taken off in the US is the piperazine that they emergency scheduled and then re-legalized in the early 2000s.

^If that were true, all 2c's would already be illegal, along with mdai, cathinones and such.

The senate blocked debate on the subject, and hopefully (federally) it will remain that way

Wow I dunno this annoys me. I wish people used these chemicals like responsible human beings if they must and I wish the binges, idiotic combos would stop. Im sick of shit getting media attention that does not belong.

^Agreed. I've been preaching the same kind of sentiment over in trip reports where we get a lot of the dumber combinations and inexperienced users.

You'd think with as much information we have at our disposal these days, even with site ALONE, this kind of stuff wouldn't happen. Oh well, ten years will bring analogs of all those analogs, ad infitum. Can't fight chemistry. Government needs to concede and legalize. Hell, I'd do with just mushrooms and marijuana at this point, just to test the waters. They're medicinal and spiritual tools above all else, and they keep people stable, healthy, and productive when compared to daily alcohol users. Meh. I doubt I'll live to see the day.

You'd think with as much information we have at our disposal these days, even with site ALONE, this kind of stuff wouldn't happen. Oh well, ten years will bring analogs of all those analogs, ad infitum. Can't fight chemistry. Government needs to concede and legalize

each one of those analogs is more harmful and deviated than the one before it (example... 2c-c vs 2c-c-NBOME)

They can also attack the internet (Cispa, which passed the house... cant help but feel like these things are related)

Oh well, ten years will bring analogs of all those analogs, ad infitum. Can't fight chemistry. Government needs to concede and legalize.
I wonder for how long underground chemists can stay ahead of law makers, especially in countries where analog laws exist. Don't forget, 80-90% of the research chemicals where invented by Shulgin during the 70's and 80's but didn't really become commercially available on any appreciable scale untill the late 90's or beginning of the new millenium. Ofcourse new generations of RC's have been invented since PiKHAL and TiKHAL, such as the cannabinoids and a couple of new stimulants and hallucinogens, but there were a lot less of those compared to the 200 or so RC's that Shulgin invented, and they are all slowly starting to get taken over by the law. The underground chemists might tweak existing RC's a bit further to come up with a further couple dozen RC's, possibly even come up with a new class of RC's alltogether, but eventually the ingenuity might not be able to keep up anymore, which will be a really sad day. Untill that time, I strongly recommend anyone to try and stock up any RC's they've tried out and liked, and anyone who doesn't have experience with RC's yet to give them a try. They can be a good way of obtaining substances of good purity for an affordable price and create enough supplies to last a long time if they might get banned.

The whole situation pisses me off. Gas stations and head shops selling the chems in the open was the big killer. Inexperienced and irresponsible kids hearing about legal highs and jumping into this world of fiendish stims and potent psychedelics was the other.

Thank god opiate rc's were never released to the general market or the backlash would be tenfold worse.

I really wonder what goes through some peoples heads. Is it something along the lines of,

(in white suburban rich kid voice)

"You know Chip, I have no prior experience with chemicals of this variety, nor do i have any real knowledge of psychedelics or drugs in general, but what the hell. Let's go to a party with other kids who've tried fuck all in their lives besides a beer or a joint and pass out lines of this 2C-E stuff, I hear they nicknamed it Europa...sounds sophisticated. And make sure they're fat lines Chip, that's how the guy on scarface does it."

Never underestimate the power of stupid people to fuck things up for everyone else.

^^^
That made me laugh reminds me of some people I know.

Argh! I really want to try 2C-C and methoxetamine, but it'll be a race to save up money and find a vendor before these chems are banned. This fascist nanny we have for a government is a BITCH )c:<

The senate blocked debate on the subject, and hopefully (federally) it will remain that way

The senate did not block debate on the subject. One single brave, principled senator, Rand Paul, refused to give unanimous consent to bring the bills (S.409, S.605, S.389) to the floor for a vote. This makes the bills more difficult and time consuming for the senate to pass. With 60 votes, the bills can be brought to the senate floor for a vote. See, http://stopthedrugwar.org/chronicle/2012/feb/20/rand_paul_blocks_federal_synthet

My bet is that there are 90+ votes in the senate for these bills. Unfortunately, most Americans and their representatives in Washington are not smart enough to do anything other than prohibit, prohibit, prohibit, no matter what the facts and circumstances.

Go Rand! This guy has done this before IIRC. Well, this type of move in our defense in terms of believing that every American deserves the right to pursue happiness in whatever way they see fit as long as it doesn't infringe on the rights of others which drug use doesn't have to if the government comes to an appropriate conclusion as to what is right.