View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

A Message by the Spirit of Salvia, as voiced by Asante

Asante

Bluelighter
I, Asante, am currently under the influence of Salvia Divinorum, 1 gram natural leaves chewed for 10 minutes, a low dosage. I am channeling the Spirit of Salvia and it wants to speak to "The People" with the following message, that I write down as I receive it:

Salvia Divinorum says:

I am Salvia.
I am the external force that is in the leaves that you consume, that shapes itself from the images and words in your mind and from your environment.
I am not those images and words, I am the force shaping them.

Many people come to me by smoking the concentrated leaves. I then have very little time to show you very much, for you imbide deeply. This use, in high doses, often unpreparedv and unguided, in great amounts under unconsecrated circumstances, often comes as a great shock to the system and strikes terror in the hearts of the people.

I want to apologize to the people for the shock and awe and the terror evoked by this abrupt usage.

For those who seek me, you can smoke the extracts well prepared but this is not what I want of you.

What I want of you, if you wish to cooperate, is for you to obtain cuttings of the live plant and grow these with the best of your skill and spread cuttings to others. I want of you to gather the leaves and chew the leaves, instead of concentrate and smoke them, and rather than be overcome by intensity I want of you to seek contact with me, the spirit, and engage in dialogue like *asante* is doing at this moment. If you are pure of heart and open of mind I will speak with you, engage the dialogue with you, interact with you and show you things.

I want of you to create gatherings of groups of friends who come together and chew the leaves together and communicate with me. And I want you to share of your communications with me and be merry together.

The seed is weak but the cuttings are strong. I want those of you who imbide to grow my plant in your windows, and if you can in your gardens and greenhouses. As the cuttings spread, each member growing them and spreading them, so will the networks of salvia chewers spread. And rather than terror and confusion there then will be joy. teachings and higher understanding.

This is what I want of you, what I really want of you and for which I need your cooperation. If you are willing, spread this message like you will spread the cuttings and the knowledge you attain. Do not harm my messenger, under my influence he has made himself willing to be my voice to the people - you - at the risk of his name and reputation. It is not about him. it is about You and Me. The message applies to all of you who hear the call.

If I have touched you before and my touch burned you, I do solemnly apologize. It is best that the leaves are chewed in modest quantities, for the smoking of concentrated leaves an established bond and a steady hand and mind are necessary.

If you hear this call but are skeptic, disregard it. If you hear it but have doubts, obtain some of the dried leaves, chew them and attempt to connect. If you are truly willing and truly offer an open channel, I will speak with you. It will come as thoughts that speak to you, be it in word, in emotion or in image. It is different for all of you.

I want to thank my channeler, I want to thank you for your attention and hope that you will spread my words and heed them.

I have very much to show you, very much to teach you, and look forward to our cooperation.

In loving regards,

The Spirit that resides in Salvia divinorum.

Ahem, well there you go guys. It sounds good to me, see what you do with it. I do this more often, but whatever force I encounter usually does not want an audience.
Salvia Spirit expressly requested it to be made public as it led my hand, so there.

Hi Sally,

your wish is my (coincidentally followed) command. =D

bdaK8Co.jpg

Beautiful plants! I think It would be proud! I say "It" because I asked and got the answer "I am a spirit so there is no gender to me. Choose as suits you."

Needless to say I ordered 2 cuttings shortly after channeling that, the message was for me as much as for y'all. I have grown salvia before, once its beyond its cutting stage its a strong plant that produces an abundance of leaves and cuttings. On the Shroomery we had success with rooting a LEAF and having it sprout a stem, so leaf cuttings are possible with Salvia.

Sally is the worst for getting me to relive childhood abuse.
She not the gentle arms of mother for me. I'd like to try a quid someday. But i feel as if i would need a Shaman or a Therapist near by.
my whole head goes POP like a book then all of the pages start to fall out one at a time, some times those pages show me, looking out the window of my childhood home, playing with my pet raccoon.
Other times, its the drunk back hand of my father of just the SINE wave shattering screech of my mothers voice, with disassociated images of probably where i put myself as a child to protect myself then, from what was going on.
These are by No Means comfortable places for me.

I recognize the force behind your channeled message as the Spirit of Salvia indeed. I am also an avid buccal Salvia user, and have gained so so much from doing it. I have been apart from the plant for 4 months, as I have been travelling, and I very much look forward to getting back in touch with her.

This post has inspired me to grow some plants.

I started smoking extracts, and then chewed and saw that it was much more harmonious. More recently, I have been drinking the tea, and I find this to be my favorite method. The trick is to let it wallow in your mouth before swallowing it.

I would love love love to see proper, peaceful and joyful use of Salvia spread along with its wisdom. Thank you for this post.

Can a 5x extract be chewed? That's what I've got.

Thanks Asante, I've felt that I was channeling before, and though I was a bit embarrassed afterwards I also communicated it thusly on this forum.

*grins somewhat shyly*

I suppose you can chew 5x extract but its going to be an expensive matter. The amount of time the plant matter should be in your mouth should be at least 10 minutes. You don't have to chew religiously, just keep it going and try to swallow as little as possible.

What I did for this session was take 10 small dried leaves, total weight 1 gram dry. I would put one leaf in my mouth, chew it for a minute, swallow the leaf with a minimum of spit, and pop a new leaf in my mouth, this until 10 leaves and 10 minutes were spent. It didnt get "stale" that way. I guess you could increase the weight of the 10 portions and do it like that.

Obviously 5x extract needs 5x less leaf so each 0.2gr is equal to a dried gram of leaf. (not saying it for you Xorkoth but for the newbies)

Damn, I've not much experience with Salvia, but some of my favorite mods and BLers have been talking about how much they love Salvia experiences (they dig the same drugs I do).

What's the difference between chewing Salvia or smoking it? I'm highly interested

I've never chewed Salvia leaves, always smoked them and now I REALLY want to try it but don't have the money at the moment.

Does anyone who has tried the Salvia sublingual tinctures feel that the chewed leaves work just as well or do the liquid tinctures work better?

I think it's common to experience a hallucination of "speaking to Salvia", I did it once on Salvia, weed and Calea in the form of a talking floating diamond with a face.

But one thing I noticed is that the spirit of Salvia doesn't know the difference between the words "imbibe" and "imbide", the latter of which I don't actually think is a word.

I would like to offer my services as a free english tutor to the spirit of salvia for the modest price of one free salvia experience every day without me having to offer up any credit card information or cash of any kind.

Personally I think I'd be getting the worst end of the deal but I am willing to sacrifice my time so if the spirit of Salvia could just get me high as fuck right now we can work on the difference between "imbibe" and "imbide" in the future at my convenience... ;)

Last edited:
Sublingual tincture is probably more efficient than chewing but then you get the discomfort of putting 95% alcohol in your mouth. The dried leaves are somewhat like bitter spinach, nothing too bad. You got to love the simplicity though of picking leaves and chewing them, or drying them first, keeping them in a cookie tin in a closet for 5 years like I did, and then chewing them.

Does anyone who has tried the Salvia sublingual tinctures feel that the chewed leaves work just as well or do the liquid tinctures work better?

In my experience the tinctures offer very little. I had 2 or 3 almost-not-really experiences with Salvia tinctures and then gave up. Chewing is so much more reliable, ime.

What's the difference between chewing Salvia or smoking it? I'm highly interested

A rough analogy would be the difference between drinking Ayahuasca and smoking DMT.

Chewing (or drinking Salvia tea) is an experience that lasts about an hour, with a 3-4 hour afterglow, in my experience. It's more subtle, it doesn't rip you out of this world, you retain your logical mind for the most part.

Smoking is an experience that lasts about 15 minutes. It's faster, more intense, and harder to glean any lasting insight from it.

Both methods have their value, but oral Salvia for me is so much more comfortable and work with-able.

Salvia is on my short list of substances that I will never use again. About 12-15 experiences have left me rather convinced that this substance is pure evil, or at the least very malevolent in character.

I stopped growing it because we are trying to sell our place...
oh well
I did happen to collect a lot of leaves.
a lot
I flattened them over the years and so I have both really nice flat dry leaves and crumbly stuff
eventually I may extract or smoke the crumbly ones
the flat ones I originally thought might make good chews, but
I don't like chewing the leaves.
still the flat ones are special.
mostly I just smoke pure salvinorin-A that I put on cigarette papers 10 years ago.
they are great
my single toke dose combusts in about 1 second and I am away.
nearly no smoke at all... the size of paper is 1/60th of a rolling paper.

I should be ok with salvia, personal use until my late 90's
nobody I know really wants any
ha!

what are they looking for?

I used to have two salvia plants that my parents called bill and ben my cat used to go crazy to get into the room when I was smoking it. I agree with the sentiment of the op having a joint of normal leaf is a chilled strange giggly experience.

this really makes me want to aquire some salvia and grow it. Is it something so simple I could grow it in a pot on my windowsil? That's about the only area I have available at the moment. will look into it

Oral/Buccal Salvia FTW.

In my honest opinion, if you're smoking it, you're doing it wrong.

I stopped growing it because we are trying to sell our place...
oh well
I did happen to collect a lot of leaves.
a lot
I flattened them over the years and so I have both really nice flat dry leaves and crumbly stuff
eventually I may extract or smoke the crumbly ones
the flat ones I originally thought might make good chews, but
I don't like chewing the leaves.
still the flat ones are special.
mostly I just smoke pure salvinorin-A that I put on cigarette papers 10 years ago.
they are great
my single toke dose combusts in about 1 second and I am away.
nearly no smoke at all... the size of paper is 1/60th of a rolling paper.

I should be ok with salvia, personal use until my late 90's
nobody I know really wants any
ha!

what are they looking for?

Where did you get pure Salvinorin A??

can ppl please elaborate more specifically on what chewing salvia is like? what the "trip" is like? is there any opiate like effects? is it anything like a normal psychedelic? is it anything like a disso? is it euphoric? peaceful? chaotic? menacing? visuals? headspace? bodyfeel?

as most of use have only experienced being blown into hyperspace by salvia which does not allow us to subjectively feel any of the drugs effects because we are blasted off our face into another dimension.

but i am very curious to here descriptions of chewing.