• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

A little worried about "binge"

Sleeplessnights67

Greenlighter
Okay so I didn't actually binge but I did take consecutively 3 days in a row. First night got great 8 hour sleep. Second night had insomnia and couldn't fall asleep at my normal time. Third night same thing.

So I was taking what I thought was 30mg adderall. Took 1 dose first day in the morning. Second day same dosage, in the morning. On the second day I wasn't really feeling anything at all so on the third day I took 2 dose, 60mg at once, and still didn't feel very stimulated. I then found out that I wasn't actually taking adderall, because instead of having Dex-amp in it, it had meth-amp in it.

So I'm worried that maybe there's permanent damage? Will the insomnia go away? I'm stopping everything right now (I don't feel like I need any of it)

It's not uncommon to get insomnia from stimulants. Make sure you eat and drink enough water because it can be dehydrating.
(Homeless ------ > BDD)

How did you mix up adderall with methamphetamine? I dont understand could you elaborate.was it pharmaceutical grade like desoxyn

Well, good news is you'll be fine. There are a few things I would like to point out for you, though. I don't know anything about your usage history or familiarity with stimulants, so in the name of harm reduction I shall assume none.

Okay so I didn't actually binge but I did take consecutively 3 days in a row.

You throwing around the term 'binge' set off a bit of a buzzer for me. I'd like you to know that you don't have to be up for 5 days or even 3 days straight for it to be a 'binge'. What you did, my friend, was indeed go on a binge. It's important to call it what it is lest we try to fool ourselves.

i want you to reread what you posted and take note of how you took more and more throughout the three days. It is so awesome you waited until the third day to up the dose, but still you were chasing that initial high. That's what it's all about. Keep in mind you not only upped it, but you doubled it. Do you see the direction we are going? It's a slippery enough slope going down this road and you've now witnessed firsthand. Imagine how it can spiral out of control before you even can realize it. I want you to have fun, but I want you to be safe.

dont trick yourself by avoiding using certain terms when discussing your use, it's not healthy. I did that when I started on smack and didn't realize it until my last OD thatbsent me sober.

Lastly, don't evvvvvvvvvvvver fucking take something unless you POSITIVELY have identified it man.

Afterthought: you really asked about insomnia after taking stimulants? Let alone at a higher than therapeutic dose? Just slow down man and be careful, when you get hooked you lose any hope of euphoria or "fun".

let us know how you're doing

Dam so you had desoxyn? and thought it was Adderall? say what?! Shiiiit I wish I knew someone with desoxyn, never tried methamphetamine before! in any form! But want to... I take Adderall everyday for my severe ADHD.. and its great when I take my prescribed dose, any more that that, it gets too stimulating for my liking! I love stimulants, but too many of them, isn't fun to me... having my heart racing all day, being paranoid, and not getting any sleep... I don't even like them without something like a benzo, in my case klonopin which I am also prescribed, to bring me down! If I don't have any of my kpins left and cant get benzos from any one.. I don't even take my Adderall.

Next time, if you ever do this again, try smoking some herb or taking a low, therapeutic dose of a long acting benzo.. it will help greatly! Take the egde off of the comedown, and make insomnia disappear.. at least, its always worked for me! so that's just my 2 cents.. I wouldn't make it an everyday thing though, because while stimulants like Adderall and meth-amp are very mentally addicting and not so much physical.. benzos, like klonopin, valium, etc. are both physically and mentally addicting as fuck! That's why I say, try weed first... if it doesn't help next time you binge, if you do... benzos are great, but tread very lightly with them.. never take them daily.. you will get addicted before you even know you are, and one day.. when you don't take them.. you will end up in withdrawls.. and benzos have the WORST withdrawls ever!

I'm not sure if it's due to a lifelong of bad decisions or what, but I've always refrained from benzos. If anything I'll drink bunch of beer if I need to edge down. It's much easier said than done to will yourself to sleep or at least something resembling peace/rest, but it can be done with practice.

I dont know much about using benzies for the comedown, but I've consistently heard that Clonazepam is boss for it. Apparently the HL of Xanax will only help you get to sleep just to wake up as soon as it wears off. Anyone have evidence to confirm?

I have taken clonazepam for years, I am prescribed it and take it daily, and yes.. I can attest that it not only works wonderful for sleep.. but also works at aiding a stimulant comedown very well too.. I have also taken Xanax many times, had a script for 1 month and got back on clonazepam because I like it so much better.. Xanax was the first benzo I ever took, and while it works great at combating anxiety and panic attacks and helps you get to sleep, it does not last long at all.. 4 hrs tops for me, per 1-2mg dose... and taking it for sleep, will work for some, but for me, it just gets me to sleep and I wake up in the middle of the night, unable to go back to sleep.. so yes, to me, and ime with both drugs, klonopin is the better option for sleep. Xanax, is mainly good for panic attacks at an as needed dosing regimen.

The pill looked exactly like and Adderall 30mg, when i inquired further from my source, I found that the guy was substituting chemicals.

Thank you so much for your response. Hearing all of that is exactly what I needed. I was confused on what the term "binge" meant since all the research I had done implied that it was consistently redosing without ever coming down. Normally I do a significant amount of research before I try a substance, and when I was looking around for how quickly amphetamine tolerance builds, I wasn't able to find anything concrete. I eventually found something yesterday after I posted this that said that amphetamine tolerance can sometimes build almost 100% between 2 consecutive days. That scared the shit out of me and I realized very quickly that I dodged a bullet by not redosing the second day. Now two days without dosing again, and I have no feelings like I want to, I believe it effectively scared me aha. Thank you for clarifying everything, I was going through some extreme paranoia when I posted this.

Feeling a lot better two days out. Insomnia is subsiding. I've been taking melatonin to help, and it seems to be working. That along with one dose of 5-HTP as I know that meth wrecks your serotonin receptors. I'm familiar with websites like rollsafe and tripsafe, and have a bunch of the supplements from those guides, as I'm extremely concerned with harm reduction. Very glad I caught myself and stopped as soon as I realized what was going on.

My adderall I get for narcolepsy 30 mg is orange and clear with orange beads is there even a ir 30 mg im confused are you saying hes pouring out the beeds and putting meth in or buying crystal meth and food dye and making knock offs ? No offense am I missing something like becaause this sounds like paranoia.

actually if your taking xr I dont peak until 8 hours after and has a elimination 8 to 12 hours so if you took adderall xr 60 at say 4 pm id predict
4 pm 0
6 pm 15
8 pm 30
10 pm 45
12 am 60 Mg
5 am 30 mg
10 am 15 mg
3pm 7.5 mg

Which would explain why you couldnt sleep

I'm glad you feel better, brother! And we all learn and are learning, giving advice is much easier than following it. For example, I'm on day two off dope. As long as I've lurked BL I have learned that the vast majority of people here do not preach. Never be afraid or timid about asking questions. I just wanted to know how the hell you got your hands on Desoxyn :p.

And never be afraid to PM me or anyone if you have questions.

If he got desoxyn why would someone sell it as adderall which is wayy easier too get this entire thing confuses me