• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos A List of benzos

Dr.Who

Greenlighter
:|

> A benzodiazepine (sometimes called "benzo"; often abbreviated "BZD") is a psychoactive drug whose core chemical structure is the fusion of a benzene ring and a diazepine ring. The first benzodiazepine, chlordiazepoxide (Librium), was discovered accidentally by Leo Sternbach in 1955, and made available in 1960 by Hoffmann–La Roche, which has also marketed diazepam (Valium) since 1963.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

> Alprazolam (trade name Xanax, Onyx, also available among other generic names).

> Bromazepam (marketed under several brand names, including Lectopam, Lexotan, Lexilium, Lexaurin, Brazepam, Rekotnil,
Bromaze and Lexotanil) is a benzodiazepine derivative drug, patented by Roche in 1963 and developed clinically in the 1970s.

> Camazepam (marketed under the brand names Albego, Limpidon, and Paxor) is a benzodiazepine psychoactive drug.
it possesses anxiolytic, anticonvulsant, skeletal muscle relaxant and hypnotic properties.

> Chlordiazepoxide is a sedative/hypnotic drug and benzodiazepine. It is marketed under the trade names Angirex, Elenium,
Klopoxid, Librax (also contains clidinium bromide), Libritabs, Librium, Mesural, Multum, Novapam, Risolid, Silibrin,
Sonimen and Tropium.

> Cinolazepam (marketed under the brand name Gerodorm) is a drug which is a benzodiazepine derivative.
It possesses anxiolytic, anticonvulsant, sedative and skeletal muscle relaxant properties.
Due to its strong sedative properties, it is primarily used as an hypnotic.
Cinolazepam is not approved for sale in the United States or Canada.

> Clobazam (marketed under the brand names Frisium, Urbanol and Onfi), is a drug which is a benzodiazepine derivative.
It has been marketed as an anxiolytic since 1975 and an anticonvulsant since 1984.

> Clonazepam is a benzodiazepine drug having anxiolytic, anticonvulsant, muscle relaxant, sedative, and hypnotic properties. It is marketed by Roche under the trade name Klonopin in the United States and Rivotril in Argentina, Australia, Brazil, Canada, Costa Rica, India, South Korea, Mexico and Europe.
Other names such as Ravotril, Rivatril, Rivotril, Clonex, Paxam, Petril or Kriadex are known throughout the rest of the world

> Clorazepate (marketed under the brand names Tranxene and Novo-Clopate).

> Delorazepam also known as chlordesmethyldiazepam is a drug which is a benzodiazepine and a derivative of desmethyldiazepam.
It is marketed in Italy, where it is available under the trade name EN and Dadumir.

> Diazepam marketed as Valium ( available among other generic names ).

> Doxefazepam (marketed under brand name Doxans) is a benzodiazepine derivative drug developed by Schiapparelli in the 1970s.
It possesses anxiolytic, anticonvulsant, sedative and skeletal muscle relaxant properties

> Fludiazepam was developed by Hoffman-LaRoche in the 1960s and is marketed in Japan and Taiwan in 0.25mg tablets
under the brand name Erispan, is a drug which is a benzodiazepine derivative and is closely related to diazepam.

> Flunitrazepam also known as Narcozep, Rohypnol, Rohipnol, Roipnol, Rufinol, or in the common vernacular, simply Roofies is an intermediate acting benzodiazepine used as hypnotic, sedative, anticonvulsant, anxiolytic and skeletal muscle relaxant drug.
> Flurazepam (marketed under the brand names Dalmane and Dalmadorm).

> Flutoprazepam (Restas) is a drug which is a benzodiazepine. It was patented in Japan by Sumitomo in 1972
and its medical use remains mostly confined to that country.

> Halazepam is a benzodiazepine derivative and is marketed under the brand names Alapryl and Pacinone.
It is no longer marketed in the United States. It had been marketed under the name Paxipam,
but was withdrawn by its manufacturer, Schering Plough, for poor sales!

> Lorazepam (trademarked as Ativan, available among other generic names).

> Lormetazepam is a drug which is a short to intermediate acting benzodiazepine derivative.
It possesses hypnotic, anxiolytic, anticonvulsant, sedative and skeletal muscle relaxant properties.
Lormetazepam is not approved for sale in the United States or Canada, though it is licensed in the Netherlands
as 1 and 2 mg tablets, under the brand names Loramet and Noctamid and as generic, available from several different manufacturers.
It is licensed in the UK as 0.5 and 1 mg tablets for short term treatment (2–4 weeks) of moderately severe insomnia.

> Medazepam is a drug which is a benzodiazepine derivative. It possesses anxiolytic, anticonvulsant,
sedative and skeletal muscle relaxant properties.
It is known by the following brand names: Nobrium, Rudotel, Raporan, Ansilan.
Medazepam is a long acting benzodiazepine drug. The half-life of medazepam is 36 – 200 hours.

> Metaclazepam (marketed under the brand name Talis) is a drug which is a benzodiazepine derivative.
It is a relatively selective anxiolytic with less sedative or muscle relaxant properties than other benzodiazepines such
as diazepam or bromazepam.

> Mexazolam (marketed under the trade names Melex and Sedoxil)is a drug which is a benzodiazepine derivative.
Mexazolam has been trialed for anxiety and was found to be effective in alleviating anxiety.

> Nitrazepam is a type of benzodiazepine drug and is marketed in English-speaking countries under the following brand names: Alodorm, Arem, Insoma, Mogadon, Nitrados, Nitrazadon, Ormodon, Paxadorm, Remnos, and Somnite. It is a hypnotic drug used in the treatment of moderate to severe insomnia which has sedative and motor impairing properties. Nitrazepam is available in 5 mg and 10 mg tablets. In the Netherlands, Australia, Israel, and the United Kingdom it is only available in 5 mg tablets. In Denmark it is available as 2.5 mg and 5 mg tablets under the name Pacisyn.

> Nordazepam (marketed under brand names Nordaz, Stilny, Madar, Vegesan, and Calmday) Like other benzodiazepine derivatives,
it has anticonvulsant, anxiolytic, muscle relaxant and sedative properties. However, it is used primarily in the treatment of anxiety.

> Oxazepam (marketed in English speaking countries under the following brand names Alepam, Medopam, Murelax, Noripam,
Opamox, Ox-Pam, Purata, Serax and Serepax, as Vaben in Israel, and as Sobril and Oxascand in Sweden and
as Sobril and Alopam in Norway and Zaxpam in India ) is a drug which is a short-to-intermediate-acting benzodiazepine
used extensively since the 1960s for the treatment of anxiety and insomnia and in the control of symptoms of
alcohol withdrawal.

> Pinazepam (marketed under the brand name Domar and Duna) is a drug which is a benzodiazepine. It possesses
anxiolytic, anticonvulsant, sedative and skeletal muscle relaxant properties.

> Prazepam is a benzodiazepine derivative drug developed by Warner-Lambert in the 1960s.
It possesses anxiolytic, anticonvulsant, sedative and skeletal muscle relaxant properties.
Prazepam is marketed for anxiolytic use under the trade names Centrac, Centrax, Demetrin, Lysanxia, Mono Demetrin,
Pozapam, Prasepine, Prazene, Reapam and Trepidan.

> Quazepam (marketed under brand names Doral, Dormalin) is a benzodiazepine derivative drug developed by
the Schering Corporation in the 1970s. Quazepam is indicated for the treatment of insomnia including sleep induction
and sleep maintenance.

> Temazepam (brand names Restoril and Normison, among others) is an intermediate-acting hypnotic of
the benzodiazepine class of psychoactive drugs. Temazepam is approved for the short-term treatment of insomnia.
In addition, temazepam has anxiolytic (anti-anxiety), anticonvulsant, and skeletal muscle relaxant properties.

> Tetrazepam (is marketed under the following brand names, Clinoxan, Epsipam, Myolastan, Musaril, Relaxam and Spasmorelax)
is a benzodiazepine derivative with anticonvulsant, anxiolytic, hypnotic and muscle relaxant properties.
It is used mainly in Austria, France, Belgium, Germany and Spain to treat muscle spasm, anxiety disorders such as
panic attacks, or more rarely to treat depression, premenstrual syndrome or agoraphobia. Tetrazepam has relatively
little sedative effect at low doses while still producing useful muscle relaxation and anxiety relief.

> Tofisopam (marketed under brand names Emandaxin and Grandaxin) is a drug which is a benzodiazepine derivative.
Like other benzodiazepines, it possesses anxiolytic properties but unlike other benzodiazepines it does not have
anticonvulsant, sedative, skeletal muscle relaxant, motor skill-impairing or amnestic properties

> Triazolam (marketed in English-speaking countries under the brand names Apo-Triazo, Halcion, Hypam, and Trilam)
is a benzodiazepine drug.

> Zolpidem (brand names Ambien, Ambien CR, Intermezzo, Stilnox, and Sublinox) is a prescription medication used for the treatment of insomnia and some brain disorders. It is a short-acting nonbenzodiazepine hypnotic.

> & Last but NOT Least a few Re-Search Benzos!

> Phenazepam is a benzodiazepine drug, which was developed in the Soviet Union in 1974 and now produced in Russia and
some CIS countries. Phenazepam is used in the treatment of neurological disorders such as epilepsy,
alcohol withdrawal syndrome and insomnia. An average phenazepam dosage is 0.5 mg 2-3 times daily.

> Pyrazolam is a derivative of benzodiazepine. It can be dissolved easily in water. Pyrazolam is mostly used for its
anxiolytic properties because it is more selective than many of the other benzodiazepines that are available.
It is also less sedating and causes lower levels of ataxia than other chemicals that are similar to it.
This chemical appears to be active for about six hours, and it does not have any active metabolites.
0.5 mg of Pyrazolam is thought to be equivalent to 10 mg of diazepam.

> Etizolam is a thienobenzodiazepine drug which is a benzodiazepine analog.
The etizolam molecule differs from a benzodiazepine in that the benzene ring
has been replaced by a thiophene ring. It possesses amnesic, anxiolytic,
anticonvulsant, hypnotic, sedative and skeletal muscle relaxant properties
It can be classified as a short-medium action benzodiazepine. Etizolam possesses
potent hypnotic properties. Etizolam acts as a full agonist at the
benzodiazepine receptor to produce its range of therapeutic as well as adverse effects
A 1mg dose of etizolam is approximately equivalent to that of 10mg of diazepam.

> Hope this list of Benzos & the Trade Names they are sold under around the world will be of use in the Interest of HARM-REDUCTION!!!
( I Found Most of the Info on WIKI & thought it would be Helpful to bring it together! )

Gidazepam is a Russian benzo...... most ruthless I've ever had. Worse than flunitrazepam (Rohypnol).

Gidazepam is a Russian benzo...... most ruthless I've ever had. Worse than flunitrazepam (Rohypnol).

8(

> Is Rohypnol Really So Bad? Lets take a look at this remarkable pill sold around the world in more than
160 countries for more than 40 years! Rohypnol is the Roche brand name for Flunitrazepam, a benzodiazepine
seditave-hypontic in the same chemical/pharmacological class as Valium, Librium etc.

> Rohypnol causes marked sedation, muscle-relaxation, relief of anxiety, and sleep.
In Europe it is prescribed as a sleeping pill and is used for pre-op sedation.
Like all Benzos it can relieve psychic tension to the point of mild euphoria. Like all Benzos
it causes a certain amount of amnesia. Rohypnol causes more amnesia than most, it is also
more sedating than most!

> Like all Benzos it's incredibly safe even in overdose. But if large doses of Rohypnol are consumed
with large doses of alcohol, the combination is considerably more potent than the pill alone!
Such a combo can bring on slowed breathing, general anesthesia, coma & even Death!!!

> As is typical with pill scare stories, they exaggerate the chemical's effects and fail to
take into account the marked effects of large amounts of alcohol - especially when they say
Rohypnol is typically administered via a cocktail.

> Scare stories about Rohypnol also like to remind people that the stuff is 10 times stronger than
Valium, which without furthur explaintion, is suppose to give you the idea that it is wildly potent!
But like Ativan, Klonapin, Xanax & others, the effective dose of Rohypnol ranges from 0.5mg. to 2mgs.

> These same scare stories repeat the mantra..."never-approved for use in the U.S." the suggestion
being that the benevolent FDA has kept us from an overseas danger. But Roche never applied for U.S.
approval of Rohypnol. As far as Roche was concerned, there was no reason to go thru the trouble &
expense of introducing yet another Benzo onto a market it already dominated with other products.

> Never-the-less, it's former "unapproved" status as a schedule IV controlled substance
( like Valium ) & it's Import for Personal Use was permitted until March 6, 1996, when U.S. Customs
banned the drug completely, while the DEA prepared to move the pill into Schedule 1 category.

> To call Rohypnol a "date-rape-drug" is, of course, patently unfair. It has many clinical uses, and
the vast majority of non-medical use is by willing participants who just want to get stoned!
:|

Last edited:
Not a huge benzo guy, but did you miss midazolam? Or does it have 10 different names as well?

What is the point of this thread? It's just copy + paste a whole load of basic infomation ripped straight from google.

Also, flunitrazepam (rohypnol) has a pretty hardcore reputation, even amongst experienced benzo users- I'm fully aware of the fact that the whole date-rape thing was a moral panic (and in the end was used mainly to justify Ketamine being moved from being a contolled medicine to a scheduled drug)- however it is very long lasting (18-26 hour half-life) and causes quite impressive amnesia. Only midazolam and flunitrazepam have consistantly given my amnesia...infact I've only blacked out once on a benzo that wasn't midazolam/flunitrazepam (alprazolam).

In a sense it deserves its reputation...flunitrazepam is easily the most abusable (aka fun) benzo in my opinion.

The one thing this thread does show is why you should get into the habit of learning the chemical, not brand, names for these substances- diazepam not valium, alprazolam not xanax, flunitrazepam not rohypnol, midazolam not hypnoval.

Not a huge benzo guy, but did you miss midazolam? Or does it have 10 different names as well?

> Midazolam marketed in English-speaking countries under the trade names Dormicum, Hypnovel, and Versed.

> Thanks, I missed this one, some I left off like Gidazepam due to it being so uncommon.

> The Point is to Provide Info on Brand-Names of Benzos, as I said most ( but not all ) info came from WIKI.
I've never seen it put together like this & thought it might be helpful.
:?

It's definitely not an HR thread, but unfortunately my life is so boring these days that reading a list benzos actually passes for entertainment for a guy like me!

Well, I want to get my post count up to 50 & I'm trying to come up with stuff that is either useful, entertaining ( UFO's ) or anti-authoritarian ( anarchy ).
I don't really want to post a lot of one liners like... Wow, Man, I smoked too much DMT & flipped-out!!!
( I've also put together lists of world-wide brand-names for Barbiturate's, muscle relaxants, narcotics, stimulants and
also one about the various amino acids and their effects, but I'm not sure if I'll post them! )

Well, I want to get my post count up to 50 & I'm trying to come up with stuff that is either useful, entertaining ( UFO's ) or anti-authoritarian ( anarchy ).
I don't really want to post a lot of one liners like... Wow, Man, I smoked too much DMT & flipped-out!!!
( I've also put together lists of world-wide brand-names for Barbiturate's, muscle relaxants, narcotics, stimulants and
also one about the various amino acids and their effects, but I'm not sure if I'll post them! )

Post them, this list is great. Ive only ever been given a few of the benzo's. Never knew the list was so long. Thanks.

^
That list could be alot longer as benzos are literally legion and many after being synthezised are never put forward for licence as they dont show any advantage over widely marketed products.
The opioid class of drugs is also like this, withany substances that you dont see outside of a lab because they dont have any advantage or are too potent to be used in human medicine.

^
that you dont see outside of a lab because they dont have any advantage...

iow, they are too old for a patent. lol. it's no good if some drug co. cant make billions from it. </sarcasm>

but you are correct, the list of analogues is huge, damned near got carpal tunnel one night looking at fentanyl analogues, not to mention stupid shit, like pondering the LD100 of 2 fluoro-ohmefentanyl (1 molecule? lol)

^ Please don't repost. We saw it the first time. The reason your question hasn't been answered yet is most likely because most of us haven't used all of those benzos. I've only had Versed in surgery for IV sedation and I've never had Rohypnol or Estazolam.

Bold-facing your text and copying your question to every benzo thread won't get you an answer any faster, it will just make everyone annoyed.

Anyone have experience with mexazolam or melex? I can't find shit about these

suffer from anxiety issues and have been rx'd xanax in the states but the doctor here (korea) put be on etizolam (.5mg in the morning/1.0 at bedtime. only been on it for a couple days but have noticed it takes a lot longer to kick in compared to xan, but i hear that it's one of the fastest acting benzos so maybe that's why i feel that way...anyone else here try etizolam?

Rohypnol has been changed to hypnodorm here in aus, comes in 1mg and 2mg. Green coated blue pill. How do they look like around the world?

suffer from anxiety issues and have been rx'd xanax in the states but the doctor here (korea) put be on etizolam (.5mg in the morning/1.0 at bedtime. only been on it for a couple days but have noticed it takes a lot longer to kick in compared to xan, but i hear that it's one of the fastest acting benzos so maybe that's why i feel that way...anyone else here try etizolam?

Yes, I did, and I wasn't very impressed. My tolerance was very low at this time and I couldn't feel etizolam at all, at any dose. I bought multiple different brands (the etizest and etilaam, even pellets pressed by private chemists, etc). Never felt a damn thing once. I even chewed my tablets once to see if it had a "mediciney" taste (like xanax for example, which is VERY overwhelming in taste). It tasted like chalk. Gave me the impression that there is no actual medicine in it.

I never bought etizolam again and just use alprazolam or diazepam depending on what I'm taking it for.

PS - OP, I enjoyed your post and I think any information is always welcome, whether or not it is new information.

I actually am interested in the obscure benzos, especially ones not scripted in Western countries. The Asians and Russians have some interesting looking benzos.

Mexazolam is like pyrazolam, no good for recreation but useful for anxiety. Surprised that's not scripted in the US since you've got such a major problem with benzo abuse over there.

since i was rx'd xanax in the states, i knew what it felt like when it started to kick in.it usually wouldn't take longer than 15 mins, which would help me relax and help go to sleep at night but when i take my nightly dose of etizolam, i don't feel anything for even up to an hour (even tried sublingual and also chewing them but no difference) which is weird bc from what ive read, it's 'supposed' to be equivalent to 10mg of diazepam but ive also been on that and they both feel completely different.
gong to try going back to the dr to see if he can switch me back to xanax but will have to wait until after the lunar new year holiday, which isn't for another 4 days :/

Sooo many benzo's,lol. I know there are more around that are not on that list. Been trying to cut back(and have been doing well!!!)...for a while i was eating tons of xanax(klons if that wasn't available) with my Sub, which I was IV'ing for a while(stupid but, eh the needle...unfourntantuley I might have to go back to it, well not have to but I've popped up dirty for weed 3 times since seeing my sub doc in a 2 1/2 year period...so if the next test comes up dirty, and very well might for bud,might do it just to save them a while again...damn doctor said it would be okay if i was in a state like Michigan or something but not in my state...so basically the doctor was saying they were okay with it I'm just in the wrong state?? I call bullshit and think this is the doctors choice, though I could be wrong and it could get her in trouble with the DEA, but I thought all they needed was just that I was taking the drug test, not what was on them...right or wrong? So if I pop up dirty I get a script from the doc one more time at HALF my doseage(no taper, said they were not allowed?? And all this over fuckin 3 thc postives in about a 3 year period, wtf ever....sorry comin down from meth and haven't done that in over a year, just had 2mg of klonopin and 10mg of valium...Now I know why I do crystal once in a bluemoon...

ANYWAY, to the benzos. I'm thinking of ordering Pyrazolam, espcically now I find out it's water soluble, but klonopin is my benzo of choice cuz it doesn't make me drowsy and really just helps my anxiety, and only have to take 1-2mg a day. Also interested in Clonazolam alsio. Always wanted Rophanyl, it's not the date rape drug...Alchohol is. Have tried Etizolam but went through a shitload in a DAY. Evqivilant to xanax my ass as everyone was saying at the time...Etizolam is now illegal in my state anyway. Was nice, like a clear headed xanax, good for anxiety, IMO, but last to short.

I'm a experienced benzo user.

Ive had scripts for,

-Lorazepam
-Diazepam
-Clonazepam
-Lorazepam + Diazepam

Ive also tried,

-Alprazolam
-Temazepam

My current script is,

-Clonazepam 1mg 3x daily

Which I wouldn't trade for any other Benzo. My doctor has talked about many other benzo options, but I've always stated that Clonazepam works best for me. It's the most complete benzo, it has the potency, it has the long half life, it has nice muscle relaxing properties, it's great for detox, I can go on and on.

Ive also turned down trades from friends, someone offered me 30 2mg Alprazolam (Xanax) bars for 30 of my 1mg Clonazepam pills, I rejected the trade, call me crazy, I don't care. I love my Clonazepam.
Another buddy of mine offered me 100 10mg Diazepam tablets for 40 of my 1mg Clonazepam tablets, rejected the trade also.
thats how much I like Clonazepam.