• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Misc A friend of mine has just taken Oxycodone, Promethazine, and Clonazepam. Should I be worried?

evo4ever

Bluelighter
Hello all.

A friend of mine has just called me and he said he's just taken 60mg Oxycodone IR, 200mg Promethazine, and 12mg Clonazepam. All because he's just split up with his GF! He's got a moderate tolerance to each drug but not to the levels I've just said. I don't think this is a suicide attempt, I think he's done it out of despair and to dumb his feelings. Should I go round to his house to make sure he'll be okay? He's on his own u c.

Where he's got these drugs from is what I wanna know!!

Cheers guys!

yeah you really should, the oxy isnt a concern, the 12mg clonazepam is though. throw the oxy ontop he's at risk of respiratory depression / hypoxia at worst possibly, go check on him and stay with him a few hours, get him some caffeine (or some amphetamine if it's really bad if you can manage that a low dose to keep them awake)

Yep what Zonxx said, go keep him company, get him to ingest some caffeine in whatever form he may prefer to keep him awake for a few hours.
You have to monitor his breathing if he falls asleep.
If he has also ingested alcohol the risks are increased even more.
How it will go depends on his tolerance to these drugs, but it's not a crazy overdose, he should be fine in less than 24 hours.

Yeah went round to his house and on the way I bought a few cans of Monster energy drinks and a packet of ProPlus. When I got there he was very heavily sedated to the point were I nearly called an ambulance as I was that concerned! Within 30mins I got him to down 2 cans of Monsters and 4 ProPlus tablets then he perked up surprisingly quickly. God only knows if he hadn't of called me, or anyone else for that matter!

I also encouraged him to get a coldish shower lol.

Cheers 4 the replies guys.

Last edited:
Yeah went round to his house and on the way I bought a few cans of Monster energy drinks and a packet of ProPlus. When I got there he was very heavily sedated to the point were I nearly called an ambulance as I was that concerned! Within 30mins I got him to down 2 cans of Monsters and 4 ProPlus tablets then he perked up surprisingly quickly. God only knows if he hadn't of called me, or anyone else for that matter!

I also encouraged him to get a coldish shower lol.

Cheers 4 the replies guys.

And that's how your buddy knows he's got a good friend.

After he perked up he opened up to me and he said it was a suicide attempt but he didn't know who to call (an ambulance would of been the obvious choice lol) but I guess he wanted to keep it off the record, and I'm the only one out of our group of friends who knows a lot about drugs along with tons of experience, and he probably knew I wouldn't of judged him.

I did ask him where he got all the drugs from and he said he stockpiled it all sourcing it from different ppl over a period of time. He genuinely would of died due to lack of tolerance!!

Last edited:
Its a pitty Naloxone isn't readily available OTC in UK pharmacies otherwise I could of just reversed the effects of the Oxy. As you guys might aware of the fact that a benzo OD in its self isn't life-threatening.

Glad you helped your pal superb work 👍.

A benzo overdose can be fatal, just depends on circumstances. The only thing a benzo almost guarantees, is no seizure.

I think you can buy Naloxone nasal spray legally now, it may come in fully in 2020 though.

Glad you helped your pal superb work 👍.

A benzo overdose can be fatal, just depends on circumstances. The only thing a benzo almost guarantees, is no seizure.

I think you can buy Naloxone nasal spray legally now, it may come in fully in 2020 though.

AFAIK it is possible to die from benzo OD, but it's harder than with opiates.
Ofcourse that is when speaking about pharma benzos, there have been instances of fake pharma benzos containing Fentanyl.

Absolutely @Phobos. I think some would rather be dead than go through heavy use withdrawal. I certainly question myself when in Oxy withdrawal. Apples and oranges, but always wise to know the dangers!!

OP - You are, as we say in Australia, a "Good Cunt"

This is completely different to a "cunt" (can be ambivalent or negative) or a "Fucking Cunt" (negative)

It means you are a human of high calibre.

OP I hope you took a moment to sit back and bask in the warm happiness that comes from knowing you probably just saved someone's life.

I'd encourage your mate to not underestimate the importance of follow up in incidents like these, ideally from a professional of some sort (whether that be psych, social worker, counsellor, gp, etc etc) it's usually a good idea to discuss how they ended up in the position of attempting suicide and how to best prevent it from happening again.

Oh and I just remembered you're from the UK so you probably understand and appreciate the versatility of the word "cunt"

It does not seem to go down well with most Americans

Cheers guys :). I also dragged him to his GP's office for a referral to the psych team lol. He's doin much better now. Yeah I dont mind bein called a "good cunt" lol.

Cheers guys :). I also dragged him to his GP's office for a referral to the psych team lol. He's doin much better now. Yeah I dont mind bein called a "good cunt" lol.
ooo you dirty good bastard, good on you for getting your friend some support.