• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

A form of Alcohol withdrawal? HELP

Siccness909

Bluelighter
Whats up BL, well long story short I've been struggling with Alcoholism for about a good year now. I'd say at least that's when my heavy drinking started, anyway I probably drink a half pint of vodka and 6-7 tallcans maximum a day. Iv'e been at the point where I have honestly gotten the shakes twice since my run and anyway I was in jail few nights ago and as I was trying to sleep in my bunk obviously noting I hadn't drank officially at that point since about 10-12 hours and everytime I was falling asleep like about to pass out I would just suddenly snap back awake? EVERYTIME I was literally about to pass out, this happened probably about 50x from 9pm in my bunk till about 3am. I would just WAKE up and would not fall asleep. DT's came to mind but obviously I fell asleep in the end without life affecting issues so I'm pretty sure it wasn't. Any opinions on what sort of withdrawal this was would be appreciated. Thanks in advance

Also, read a little into it on google and Hypnic Jerk may sound right? Just based on what I read through. Thought it might have been possibly a seizure but I'm not that far into severe withdrawal yet thankfully. Anyway yeah all responses welcome

Last edited:
i wouldnt play with alcohol WD that shit can actually kill you, yes you can exp a seizure among other WD symptoms anxiety can explain the waking up
you can either taper down, keep drinking or go into a alcohol detox which honestly isnt bad more like a vacation to be honest you can even detox in the ER

add in some thiamine, folic acid and b12 those are the main vitamins that get depleted when we drink our ass off
those 3 vitamins are what they actually gave me when i went into detox along with a benzo

keep and eye out on your BP if it spikes high def go to the ER

Last edited:
Agree with deos, alcohol withdrawal can be deadly and those are one of the symptoms. Maybe I shouldn't assume you resumed drinking when you got out, apologies in advance if I'm wrong. But you can go to the hospital and they can get you through detoxing. Were you jailed for one night? The withdrawals sometimes don't hit right away for some people.

Yes they did^ I think it Was a mild form of anxiety plus hypnic jerks I think they are called. Within 24 hours they hit that's the longest I've gone so far without drinking in 1-2 months. But yes I'm aware alcohol WD is very dangerous that's why I'm weening off slowly...thanks for the response guys much appreciated

Happened to me to one of the reasons I'm on day 4 of sobriety. Its not that your gonna have a seizure its just rebound insomnia hitting you before you can even go to sleep. You got a high tolerance is all and alcohol is gonna affect you in shitty ways. I recommend taking a break like I'm doing.

Yes they did^ I think it Was a mild form of anxiety plus hypnic jerks I think they are called. Within 24 hours they hit that's the longest I've gone so far without drinking in 1-2 months. But yes I'm aware alcohol WD is very dangerous that's why I'm weening off slowly...thanks for the response guys much appreciated

If it makes you feel any better, I'm in the same boat as you. I'm a "new" alcoholic. Have only been drinking hard for about 1 1/2 years, but just like you I also down half of a 750ml bottle of vodka in a DAY, every single day. I don't drink beer or much of any other liquor. Just vodka.

Now I'm on probation for, ironically enough, non-drug or alcohol reasons, and I have to stop drinking. I've "relapsed" already but made it 3 days without supremely harsh effects, now I'm going for it again.

If you can get any, Gabapentin (Neurontin) supposedly helps with alcohol withdrawal. Give it a shot if you can.

If it makes you feel any better, I'm in the same boat as you. I'm a "new" alcoholic. Have only been drinking hard for about 1 1/2 years, but just like you I also down half of a 750ml bottle of vodka in a DAY, every single day. I don't drink beer or much of any other liquor. Just vodka.

Now I'm on probation for, ironically enough, non-drug or alcohol reasons, and I have to stop drinking. I've "relapsed" already but made it 3 days without supremely harsh effects, now I'm going for it again.

If you can get any, Gabapentin (Neurontin) supposedly helps with alcohol withdrawal. Give it a shot if you can.

no worries man we all relapse...its how you correct the situation is what counts
honestly for alcohol ER's detox center always give almost the same regimen a benzo what the benzo is can vary it can be librium, klonopin or diazepam which all 3 are very good for preventing a seizure and a bunch of vitamins b12, thiamine and folic acid if memory serves me correctly plus its what my doc suggested when i asked about out patient detoxing
goodluck