• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

A few questions on MDMA from a first-timer

sydh001

Greenlighter
I, relatively recently, tried MDMA for the first time. I used 125 mg orally and it was decently pleasant. It wasn't the strongest high I ever experienced, but it is probably something I'll do again. And so, I have a few questions:

1. <<NO PRICE DISCUSSION>>

2. Would it be safe to do the same dose of MDMA while on a 50-100 mg of methylphenidate?

3. Is molly cheaper? If it is, is it worth doing molly (e.g. is it safe enough to switch) to save money in the future?

4. I don't know the exact probability of addiction, but I like to monitor myself. From the research of addiction I've looked at, it seems mild-moderately likely to become psychologically addicted, but the physical addiction won't ever be bad. Am I right, based off of what I've read in evaluations of the drug? I want to hear personal anecdote/opinions on this.

Thanks for any help, all.

Edit:

5. I've heard from an experienced friend that the sex on MDMA is good, but sex isn't as fun when off the drug after doing it. I'm interested in sex on MDMA, but I don't want to forfeit enjoyment after. Thoughts on that?

Last edited by a moderator:

2. Depends on what you mean by safe. Is it good for your heart? Not at all. Will you survive it without issue from doing it once? Yes.

3. Molly is just a slang word for MDMA. That's not an answerable query unless you can provide information on the differences you mean in using the terms separately.

4. Don't take MDMA more often than once every three weeks. It's not addictive in the same way as amphetamines, cocaine, opiates, etc. but yes, some people do try and chase the magic. From the get go just know that you are seriously fucking your brain if you take it too often, and that will be enough to stop you from abusing it.

5. Everyone says that sex is never the same after sex while rolling. It's bullshit. Enjoy amazing sex while on MDMA and then bring what you've learned during that to regular sex and make it even better.

@Psy

1. Thank you for saving my money, lol.

2. Fair enough.

3. I had gotten the idea that molly is to MDMA as crack is to cocaine. I'm not the most educated in drugs. Thanks for the answer.

4/5. Noted.

Yeah, here in the U.K. you'll pay between <<NO PRICE DESCUSSION>>

Second what psy997 says about methylphenidate. In my opinion it seems like your MDMA was a little weak though and/or you didn't take enough, if you could find better stuff and/or take 140-150mg you might have a more 'breakthrough' experience and find that adding methylphenidate isn't needed.

Yeah, Molly (like ecstasy) is just slang for MDMA but there are many other drugs often sold as 'molly', 'MDMA', or 'ecstasy'. If you wanna have a bit more confidence about what you're taking maybe invest in a reagent testing kit such as those sold by DanceSafe.

MDMA isn't physically addictive but many do get pulled into the rave 'lifestyle' and end up using often (weekly). Such use isn't recommended for two reasons, one being that the 'magic' (basically the novel amazingness of the MDMA experience) will quickly go and often doesn't return.

Second reason being that it's a bit nasty to the brain, not that nasty, but the effect can build up if you don't give your brain time to rebalance between doses, which can eventually result in unpleasant long lasting effects on mood etc. Now most people are pretty resistant to these effects but some are very sensitive and you never know which group you will land in so it's best to play safe. Generally it's recommended to leave 6 weeks - 3 months between doses, and it's probably best not to go over 250mg total in a session. The Shulgins, who popularised the drug, recommended using no more than 4 times per year. If you become more experienced with MDMA, you'll gradually gain a better understanding of how much use you personally can tolerate.

Personally I never feel that sexual on MDMA, don't know many that do (and also getting an erection can be impossible)... that being said, when it has happened on occasion, it's been pretty fantastic. It never made sober sex seem dull though, it's a different kind of experience, and if anything you can bring something back from it to improve sober sex.

2. it would not be especially dangerous, but is not recommended. one reason for this is that the stimulant side effects might add up. the other is that methylphenidate most likely blocks the positive effects of mdma (just like cocaine and amphetamine do).
3. depending on where you live pills might be the cheaper option (they are over here right now).
4. the topic of addiction is strange with mdma. while you're on it you might want to redose multiple times to avoid coming down even though you know that every redose exponentially increases the side effects while the positive effects are diminished.
also some people get the urge to do it again at the next possible opportunity, especially after their first time. i stupidly did it two days in a row. but ime that very quickly changes to you not wanting to do mdma for a long time after each use. so it basically (for most people) is not very addictive at all, but it's always good to not have too much mdma on your hands while high.
5. some men cannot even get it up on mdma while most men and some women cannot orgasm at all. therefore it's not that great anyway. and the claim about it ruining normal sex is of course bullshit.

Hey dudes, keep the price discussion off this forum. I had to edit every single post in this topic. The forum rules are pretty clear on this, perhaps an idea to read them before you post again?

Last edited:
Sex on mdma is different. If you can get an erection perhaps sex will be nice. I know my partner loves receiving sex while high.
So do I, but I really couldn't be bothered with penetrating somebody. You do feel much closer though.