• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

A few questions for those well versed in psychedelics.

supermarket

Bluelighter
Hey guys - a few quick questions.

1. Anyone who has done LSD knows there is a 'body load', and it is very stimulating. Can someone list the psyhedelics, if any , that have no body load, and no stim-like effect? As someone who hates uppers, and loves opiates, I'm just curious if there is something out there that doesn't have a body load like that. I also suffer from neurological issues, like twitching/tremors - so anything that is stimulative makes those worse, and is extremely uncomfortable.

2. Are there are psychedelics that actually have anxiolytic properties?

3. Is there a psychedelic that is mostly visual, less mindfuck? I remember years ago someone mentioning one, I think it was 2c-something, but I could be wrong.

Anyway, these are just some questions that have always been on my mind - I was quite the explorer in my younger years, but these days I haven't touched a psychedelic in over a decade, and I was wondering what's out there. I know with RCs, and the 2C-whatevers , theres just so much out there.....and my experiences with these types of substances is limited to lsd, shrooms, and mxe.

Thanks guys.

Hey guys - a few quick questions.

1. Anyone who has done LSD knows there is a 'body load', and it is very stimulating. Can someone list the psyhedelics, if any , that have no body load, and no stim-like effect? As someone who hates uppers, and loves opiates, I'm just curious if there is something out there that doesn't have a body load like that. I also suffer from neurological issues, like twitching/tremors - so anything that is stimulative makes those worse, and is extremely uncomfortable.

2. Are there are psychedelics that actually have anxiolytic properties?

3. Is there a psychedelic that is mostly visual, less mindfuck? I remember years ago someone mentioning one, I think it was 2c-something, but I could be wrong.

Anyway, these are just some questions that have always been on my mind - I was quite the explorer in my younger years, but these days I haven't touched a psychedelic in over a decade, and I was wondering what's out there. I know with RCs, and the 2C-whatevers , theres just so much out there.....and my experiences with these types of substances is limited to lsd, shrooms, and mxe.

Thanks guys.
4-ho-dpt is quite mild and relaxing if you take it nasally as long as you dont take a heroic dose.
Orally I find 4-ho-dpt to be much harsher and intense with more side effects. Nasal administration of around 50mg is a nice light psychedelic trip with gorgeous closed eye visuals and zero body load.
Also, I found 2C-C to be quite relaxing as well but ymmv!

4-ho-dpt is quite mild and relaxing if you take it nasally as long as you dont take a heroic dose.
Orally I find 4-ho-dpt to be much harsher and intense with more side effects. Nasal administration of around 50mg is a nice light psychedelic trip with gorgeous closed eye visuals and zero body load.
Also, I found 2C-C to be quite relaxing as well but ymmv!

I really enjoyed 4-ho-dpt, but I found it significant more potent than that. 20mg insufflated was enough for a very smooth +2 level trip. 50mg would have been solid +3 territory. That said, it's a very smooth and friendly trip at almost any dose.

2c-c is another very good recommendation. Even better than 2c-c would be allylescaline. It's a very mellow but enjoyable ride especially well suited to public settings. It's both relaxing and stimulating in the same way as mescaline, plenty of energy that seems to be there when you want it, but never to a level that's at all unpleasant if you choose to just sit back and relax.

I really enjoyed 4-ho-dpt, but I found it significant more potent than that. 20mg insufflated was enough for a very smooth +2 level trip. 50mg would have been solid +3 territory. That said, it's a very smooth and friendly trip at almost any dose.

2c-c is another very good recommendation. Even better than 2c-c would be allylescaline. It's a very mellow but enjoyable ride especially well suited to public settings. It's both relaxing and stimulating in the same way as mescaline, plenty of energy that seems to be there when you want it, but never to a level that's at all unpleasant if you choose to just sit back and relax.
I guess everybody metabolizes drugs slightly uniquely.
I can snoot 100mg of 4-ho-dpt and it's not even remotely overwhelming for me. I find the 4-aco-dpt much stronger mg for mg. These are my very favorite 2 tryptamines period! With 4-aco-dpt being king but it's much more serious and has less side effects taken orally than 4-ho-dpt for me anyway.
I dislike 4-ho-dpt orally...its the only chemical I prefer nasally.
For myself, nasally it just feels so gentle and forgiving yet deeply profound and emotionally healing...I did I big 100mg dose intranasallly after my cat of 16 years passed away and I had one of the most beautiful and profound trips ever (I cried thinking about her but as I was remembering her the open eye visuals morphed into a gold and neon red swirling heart if my memory serves correct and it felt like my kittie was letting me know that she was ok and it was ok to "let her go".
DPT and its 4 substituted versions are just extraordinary...they deserve to sit along side lsd and dmt in honest opinion.

I’m curious to try the DPT series. I like 4-ho-met, but do get very sweaty on it. Usually have to lie down for a bit during comeup.
Anyone else find DPT smooth on the body?
Or is nasal easier on bodyload, despite the compound?

I share this want for a smoother trip!

high enough doses of mushrooms will kind of floor you... but if your mind will be at peace with it is another question :D
Agree with this so much, if you can't stand the heat from mushrooms stay out of the pyschedlic kitchen.

I’m curious to try the DPT series. I like 4-ho-met, but do get very sweaty on it. Usually have to lie down for a bit during comeup.
Anyone else find DPT smooth on the body?
Or is nasal easier on bodyload, despite the compound?

I share this want for a smoother trip!
Literally just snorted 100mg of 4-ho-dpt and it has zero body load intranasal...its the only drug where I think that's the best ROA for it...just glorious and gorgeous!!!

The 'body load' from LSD is not that bad. It's not like the intense body load you get from Psilocybin mushrooms or even Indica cannabis/hash.

If you have neurological issues you should perhaps not be tripping, or what does your neurologist say about this?

I think the bodyload you get from x substance can be quite variable. It really depends on your current bodychemistry and the time of the day.
For example: I took ALLAD quite a few times. On some occasions I had a hard bodyload, almost making me sick with hot and cold flashes, an overall toxic feeling. On other trails there was this absolutely divine bodyfeeling where you have these aweseome orgasmic tingles that are very well connected to music. All this from the same vendor and batch. Eat well, think well and expect everything and nothing when you take psychedelics.

Mindfuck I enjoy, kinda the point perhaps - but temp fluxes for hours are no fun. LSD has yet to do that in me, but 1p and eth-lad both have shown this action in my trials, about 1/4 of the times I drop. So i keep my trips low-dose, micro - threshold these days.
Maybe bodyload is just the manifestation of poorer eating/fitness and because when on acid, everything is magnified - giving us a clue to change something in the diet, etc.?

@supermarket;
an adept user will be able to transcend body-load, pain, etc.

you really want an anesthetic - recreational anesthetics have long term drawbacks like addiction.

psychedelics intensify sensations (body load is that) and mental formations.
anesthetics might let you dream without body load

@supermarket;
an adept user will be able to transcend body-load, pain, etc.

you really want an anesthetic - recreational anesthetics have long term drawbacks like addiction.

psychedelics intensify sensations (body load is that) and mental formations.
anesthetics might let you dream without body load

I'm no stranger to psychedelics. I've done lsd and shrooms combined close to 100 times, so I've had my share of experiences over the decades. This has nothing to with being an adept at anything - I suffer from severe a neurological condition that causes tremendous pain and issues in my body. The stimulative affect from psychedelics like LSD is very detrimental to me. It can overload my body, causing really bad tachycardia, muscle spasms, twitching, etc. I had heard that there were psychedelic drugs that don't produce that stimulative affect, that is what I was asking about.

Yeah, @supermarket, you're sort of describing ketamine but as an abuser myself I don't recommend anyone start that habit. Addictive and extremely hard on the body cumulatively, not great for the mind used recreationally either.

I'm not much of a fan of dissociatives. Never done ketamine, but had some TERRIBLE experiences on DXM once where my body felt like it was shutting down the entire time. Ugh. I did do MXE once, and I LOVED that experience. To this day I cherish that experience, I gained so much from it.