View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

A few questions about vials of K and the IM ROA

KetamineVials

Greenlighter
So I recently got my hands on a sealed vial of Ketamine. Mine looks just like the one in the picture, brand and all, except it doesn't say Ketamax on the top, it just says Ketamine (but it's still by Rotex.) It's also 10mL @ 50mg per mL.

The only syringe I've been able to find around here is a 1/2 CC 29 gauge, 1/2" long needle syringe. I'm 5'10", 180 lbs, and it's not body fat.

I'm planning on injecting into my deltoid. Now, I have a pretty huge tolerance, my normal lines are 200mg when I sniff them, and I need about 400mg to K-hole (but this stuff has been somewhat cut.) I'm planning on doing a 50mg injection for my first time, but obviously I need to inject myself twice. Should I inject them back-to-back, one in my left deltoid, and one n my right, or what do you guys recommend?

How do I reseal the vial so I can save the rest after puncturing the vial?

Hi & Welcome to PD / bluelight <3

Correct me if I'm wrong but that seems to be a needle for SC or IV injection...

Pretty shitty that you can only do 25 mg per shot, but luckily IM can be nicely potent so hopefully 50 will be effective. You probably might not want to attempt 4 shots without experience while you are getting K'd. You only got a few minutes.

The vial comes with a rubber stopper if you break the little cap on top, you draw solution through that and it reseals itself, being rubber.

The deltoid, meh, I personally mostly IM (I don't IV) into my quads and glutes. It can be tricky to have to reach across your own chest having only one hand at your disposal, a problem you don't have with your quads and glutes. If you do do the deltoid, inject at the height where your arm meets your body (the armpit fold point), always at a right angle.
Problem with your glutes might be that even if you don't have much body fat, it is still normal to have some on your butt... and with a short needle you do need a lean muscle. Is your quad muscle-y?
I'd inject into both quads.

Always rotate / cycle through your muscles to avoid them getting sore. And massage a number of times a little while after the injection.

The army released an instructional video that should be on youtube (may not be immediately apparent that it is from the army), you should definitely watch that. I think I have it in my watch later list.

Last edited:
I went ahead and took the plunge (hehe,) I injected 25mg into my left deltoid, followed by 25mg into my right. While preparing the 2nd syringe, I was definitely feeling it, but very lightly, and after the 2nd syringe went into my body, I started feeling it even more. After about 10 minutes, I prepared another syringe and went back into my left deltoid (I didn't want to inject anywhere else, because lately I haven't been going to the gym as much, and I only recently noticed slightly more body fat,) then followed by another syringe into my right deltoid, and I was done.

I'm planning on buying some 28g, 1", 1cc needles so I can try again next week, and I'll have more sites available to inject into, as I was worried that my quads had a little too much fat on them.

After I was done, I saran wrapped the vial with the wrap going directly over the rubber, then I put the plastic seal on top and saran wrapped it tightly to the vial, and I put it away. So I still have about 400mg left (maybe slightly left, considering a few drops left the vial every time I pulled the syringe out of the vial,) but it was definitely an experience.

Thank you for your help!

Sure..

I just checked I have 21G, why are you going to buy such thin ones, I know bigger ones may hurt relatively more but they have to be built for muscle right? Still it's not too bad if you keep on the thin side of the IM needles.

Currently I am using 2 cc barrels, which kind of have cheap ass plungers... but just saying that if you have 50 mg/ml concentration maybe you could consider bigger barrels so you can do a dose more standardised for you? It would pretty much sum up to the same as the more typical 100 mg/ml (especially for people with tolerance) and 1 CC.

It's good to desinfect the skin with some alcohol I guess, and some of the time I use the same wipes to clean my vial. But I guess sarap wrap is good, I think I am also currently using skotch tape, the glue on that is not ideal but shouldn't be a problem I figure.

All that was available were the 29g ones, but I'm going to buy them off Amazon and get a proper size, I'm thinking 25g, and definitely an inch long needle.

I did wipe my arm down with rubbing alcohol, and I wiped the vials off with rubbing alcohol as well before and after I was done. I'm feeling good today, with no soreness in my muscles.

I'm looking forward to properly dosing myself this weekend, without needing to wait minutes, or even seconds between each dose. My favorite way to do K is all at once when it comes to large doses, as opposed to small bits at a time (unless I'm at a party.)

I'm still waiting for my new syringes, but all I'm still left with are the same .5 CC, 29g, 1/2" needle syringes. I really want to do some K tonight, aiming for 100mg. What would be the best way to alternate through four syringes? My quads are starting to get meaty again from the gym, but my bodyfat has gotten slightly higher. Now, my inner and middle quad muscle head have a fine separation line through them, and my outer quad just bulges out, with less definition. I guess what I'm getting at is, do you think if my legs are defined enough to see the separation between the inner and middle head, then my bodyfat is low enough to proceed with a 1/2" needle and still hit the muscle?

What about my calf?

If not, and this needle is only long enough for an SC injection, does it really matter? I've been reading that there's no difference in the high. Care to chime in?

Lastly, if I alternate the four syringes, if I load all four of them up first, can I inject them fast enough to get the same type of high I would get from a 2cc syringe?

Last edited:
what about injecting in your thigh? i thought that was the most common site for IM injections

My thigh, yeah, that's what I mean when I say outer quad. Can I maybe even get away with two in each thigh? Should I alternate it right -> left -> right -> left?

Alternate / cycle as much as you can between 'goes', but if you are talking about multiple injections in one go i.e. all within a few minutes time... it doesn't matter anymore whether you cycle or not, because there is not really a difference between leaving 1 minute in between two shots in the same muscle, or 2 minutes.
In the past when my use was a little more problematic and when I wasn't really comfortable with the deltoid or even the glutes I injected plenty of times in my quads in a sitting. It could get pretty sore afterwards I will say, and it is not a good idea, but my point is you don't have to worry about an extra shot or two.

I'm debating on just calling it a night, because my biggest concern is the fact that the needle is only 1/2" long, and my second concern is the fact that I need to waste more time to get 100mg into me because I need 4 shots instead of 2 if I had a proper syringe. On that same note, I also hear that SC is less potent than IM. The same with lines, I prefer doing it all in one go.

I could just preload four syringes and shoot them back to back, but I don't know if I can do it fast enough to get the same type of high as if it were a proper injection with a proper syringe.

The reason I don't want to waste it is such a big deal to me is because this is the only vial I plan on IMing, as a promise I made, and also because it's friggin' expensive!

Last edited:
I prepared four syringes and injected them into my biceps back to back, with two in my left bicep, followed by two in my right bicep, and enjoyed one of the smoothest k-holes to date. Sadly enough, it didn't last as long as I'm used to when I insufflate it, but very few k-holes have matched this one. Usually, the k-holes that matched this one were while under the influence of MDMA as well. I've been chasing those k-holes to no avail, but now that I've reached it via IM with ease, I plan on taking longer breaks in between to preserve the magic as much as possible.

Long live K!

Aaaaaaaaaaah; it's a good thing I already have a good amount of ketamine arriving shortly otherwise this would be torture, except it's making me excited. Ketamine = my drug of choice. I only abuse it once a month. Stay safe, stay informed...

P.S I have IV'd ketamine and after doing a SC and IM shot, a little IV ketamine feels better than heroin with a WTF? dissociation.

Please please please do not IV ketamine alone, IV ketamine should only be done in a hospital. I got my ketamine and really fucked myself up IV ketamine because I thought I was super human... Before I thought it was possible to do it without losing consciousness but it's just not. Now I am headed to a rehab on Monday because I freaked the shit out of my family.. I'm 25 years old... Stay safe, stay informed and don't IV ketamine under any circumstance.