• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

A few questions about Nitrous Oxide

WeedDxm

Bluelighter
I am going to order some whip cream chargers soon (Whip Its). I was just wondering if the safest way to do it is to release the n2o into a balloon and inhale? Or do I need crackers, bulbs, etc aswell to do it, I really have no idea. Thanks!

You will definitely need some kind of dispenser (nanginators as they're known round these parts) or failing that one of the hand crackers. The former you can inhale directly from the nozzle or discharge it into a balloon, whichever you're more comfortable with. The hand crackers you definitely need balloons for unless you fancy face-destroying frostbite from attempting to do it directly ;) (that's a joke, don't try to do that!!). I would personally recommend one of the whipped cream dispensers if you've got weak girly hands like me, they're just so much easier. Although it is the more expensive option.

It's safer to discharge into a balloon and then inhale from there - you can damage your mouth and lungs by taking directly from the canister due to the freezing cold gas etc

I think the freezing cold air is a myth (95% sure), at least to the degree of hurting you. I mean, you can even splash liquid nitrogen in your eyes and not have it effect you.

I think the freezing cold air is a myth (95% sure), at least to the degree of hurting you. I mean, you can even splash liquid nitrogen in your eyes and not have it effect you.

The warnings from Erowid on nitros

Very cold temperatures of the gas can freeze the lips and throat if taken directly from a tank or whippit. Releasing the gas into a balloon first allows the gas to warm before being administered.

High levels of pressure may rupture blood vessels in the lungs and force air into the chest cavity, causing the lungs to collapse. This is primarily a problem when nitrous is being administered directly from a tank or other pressurized container. Again, releasing the gas into a balloon first eliminates this risk.

The other real risk - if something goes wrong with the mechanism of the dispenser it can break apart and then you have the risk of small bits of plastic/metal being shot out of the nozzle (not as common now with the rubber seal inside).

It is much safer to use a balloon - just don't inhale the balloon.

You will definitely need some kind of dispenser (nanginators as they're known round these parts) or failing that one of the hand crackers. The former you can inhale directly from the nozzle or discharge it into a balloon, whichever you're more comfortable with. The hand crackers you definitely need balloons for unless you fancy face-destroying frostbite from attempting to do it directly ;) (that's a joke, don't try to do that!!). I would personally recommend one of the whipped cream dispensers if you've got weak girly hands like me, they're just so much easier. Although it is the more expensive option.

Do the whipped cream dispensers already have n2o in them? Or do I have to buy cartridges, and connect the cartridges to the dispenser?

Do the whipped cream dispensers already have n2o in them? Or do I have to buy cartridges, and connect the cartridges to the dispenser?

I would really recommend getting a dispenser over a cracker... One of these:
21GE9bjVmmL.jpg

you have to buy nitrous cartridges that go into the dispenser, they don't come with n2o already in them

As stated before, It's not the gas that will harm you, but the canister (Made of metal, housing an extremely cold substance inside). Also, this is to extend the supply, you can also exhale back into the balloon after you're finished with one breath, as much of the N2O is still available. Just be sure to take the necessary precautions to not suffocate. Just saying, I don't like that the shrine has to have even a single post in it.

I have burned my hands from the cold using a hand cracker.

Get the dispenser, use balloons, holding the end of the balloon as far down the nozzle as you can. Don't put the dispenser in your mouth.

I prefer the dispenser. It's expensive but it'll last a few years.. Balloons are the safer way but I just hit it straight, I don't have balloons lying around.. I have to drive down to Florida to buy whip its, there illegal here in alabama, but man there fun.. I some how managed to inhale 3 canisters without exhaling in between with a friend helping to quickly change them out.. It was wild.. The universe stood still, and the deafening bass tone of my laugh filled every pore on my body, I almost creamed my jeans.. But apparently they say I fell too my back, my face went completely blue, and I was laughing In slow motion, so be careful you guys.. Whip it's are fun but can seriously harm you if your stupid